talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid CF Discussion

football forum

4 hours ago, Spike said:

I'm sure there were a few at la Real that told him 'you're helping Real Sociedad with the transfer money!'. I suspect it happens more than we realise. Of course this is also the club that couldn't keep a future club captain from joining their (arguably weaker) DIRECT rivals.

The thing is that La Real don't have any financial problems at all.  Unless someone is pocketing all the money they've been getting for players, then I don't understand. I mean, they never spend big anyhow.

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

There was of course controversy with Mourinho before he went to manage Madrid but Spain was for me where he really started to lose it with his antics and so on.

This is what I've maintained all along.  I was living in Spain throughout his tenure at Real Madrid and it turned into a chaotic circus with him every day.  So much so that he stopped doing press conferences and appointed Aitor Karanka as the coaching voice in front of the media.

But he did have serious moments in Italy already before he arrived.  Well documented run ins with the media and even some other football people like the owner of Palermo (I think it was Palermo).

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Don Perez does it again! Yeah M. hermoso left for free but Don Perez is a proper business man! 

the contract of course was full of stipulations and now that the canterano is the best defender in the league and also playing for the NT, he is coming back home. I  Believe the buy back clause is around 7.5me! 

Among them were the ownership of 50 percent of the player's economic rights and a buyback option.

Years will pass but the legacy of Don Perez will be forever lasting! 

It seems Real Madrid isn't about going to watch them on the pitch but about observing how their elected president goes about making mistakes but just in case it isn't a mistake (can't have another Morientes at Monaco occurrence) he puts in contractual clauses.  Things all top clubs do all the time in every league.

I think I'll stick to cheering a team on what they do on the pitch.

2 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Real Madrid is ready to move for one of Paris St-Germain's two key forwards if the French club has to sell players because of Financial Fair Play. Brazil's Neymar, 26, and France international Kylian Mbappe, 19, have long been targets for Real. (AS - in Spanish)

Well PSG are in total disarray and about to enter into authentic chaos.  But even then, unless they're chucked out of this present edition of the Champions League (aside from any other punishments to be handed out) before January, then there's no chance of capturing any of their big names.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Real Madrid midfielder Marcos Llorente, 23, will request a transfer in January if he is still not playing regularly.  (ESPN)

River Plate and Argentina midfielder Exequiel Palacios, 20, says he is happy to stay with the Copa Libertadores champions despite interest from Real Madrid. (Marca)

• Subscriber

Jose Mourinho: Real Madrid link disrespectful - Sergio Ramos

3 hours ago | European Football

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos says it is disrespectful to talk about whether Jose Mourinho could return to the club as they prepare for the Club World Cup final with Al Ain.

Santiago Solari will win a first trophy as the coach if they win on Saturday.

However, Mourinho is available after being sacked by Manchester United.

"People need to show more respect to the coach we have now," Ramos said. "Mourinho left us five years ago yet everyone keeps talking about him."

Where next for Mourinho?

The Portuguese managed Real from 2010 to 2013, winning La Liga in 2012. He still has a good relationship with Real president Florentino Perez.

Real - who sacked Julen Lopetegui in October - are bidding to win the Club World Cup for the third season in a row. They reached the final courtesy of Gareth Bale's hat-trick in Wednesday's semi-final win over Kashima Antlers.

"I'm not the person who decides which coach comes here or doesn't. Some people seem to think that the captains decide which coach Real Madrid appoints," said Ramos, now playing under a 12th Real manager in Solari, who was appointed in November following a caretaker spell.

He is hoping they can make history on Saturday as the first team to win four Club World Cups.

"No-one can doubt the record of any one of us and we have another chance to defend the Club World Cup title," Ramos added.

"No-one has ever done this. We are looking forward to the final with hope and we want to go home with the prize. It would be great for us on an emotional level to come back with the trophy."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46653085

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I'll be honest I'd spunk buckets if they took Mourinho back. Would be hilarious with a capital F.

I've been lighting candles in my local church for quite some tim in the hope that it does actually happen.  It would be absolutely hilarious and the tsunami it would cause within the club and its members would be a joy to watch.  It was the majority of the Real Madrid members coupled with the powerful Madrid based press/media that forced Florentino Pérez' hand when he had to tell Mourinho to go.  Nothing has changed in that sense and this without even going into or touching the important detail of that dressing room where a number of those player that were there when he was, remain.  He didn't leave too many friends behind in that respect...  The very few that did believe in his celestial powers are no longer there.

• Subscriber

Real Madrid 4-1 Al Ain

1 hour ago | European Football

_104924915_modric.jpg

Luka Modric has won 15 trophies with Real Madrid, but this was his first goal in a final for the Spanish side

Spain's Real Madrid won the Club World Cup for a third consecutive year, and record fourth in total, by beating Abu Dhabi side Al Ain in the final.

Luka Modric curled home the opening goal from the edge of the area after Karim Benzema's lay-off.

Marcos Llorente hit a stunning 25-yard half-volley - his first professional goal - and Sergio Ramos headed in the third from Modric's corner.

Tsukasa Shiotani nodded in for Al Ain before Yahya Nader's own goal.

Real could have won by more. Lucas Vazquez hit the post early on and Gareth Bale - who scored a semi-final hat-trick against Kashima Antlers - went close with a spectacular bicycle kick which went just over the bar.

_104925339_real_index.jpg

Real Madrid have won four of the past five Club World Cups

Al Ain had shocked River Plate on penalties in the semi-final but never looked like following that up with a famous win at the Zayed Sports City Stadium in Abu Dhabi.

Midfielder Toni Kroos has won five of the past six Club World Cups - in 2013 with Bayern Munich and 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018 with the Spanish side.

Real now hold the record for most victories in the competition, which was first held in 2000, moving one clear of Spanish rivals Barcelona.

Earlier, Copa Libertadores winners River Plate won the third-place play-off by beating Asian champions Kashima Antlers 4-0. Gonzalo Martinez scored twice on what is expected to be his final appearance before joining MLS champions Atlanta United.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46651517

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, José said:

100 goals for the legend known as Sergio Ramos. If he played for Barcelona, many would be regarding him as one of the greatest defenders to play the game. 

Not really. Pique is a better 'defender' than him, and nobody rates Pique as one of the best ever.

Thing with Ramos, he always struggled with his positioning when you compare him to elite centrebacks. If he remained playing RB for the duration of his career, he could of easily been in contention for the best RB of his generation. 

What he has accomplished with both Spain and Real will go down in history though. Arguably one of their most influential players ever. 

• Upvote 1

Quick question.

It looks like we could be signing Kiko Casilla from Real. All I know is he has been back up there for a long time.

Are we potentially getting a good keeper here? Hard to know when a player never really plays.

And he's 32 so it's not like we would be investing in potential.

Edited by Lucas

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

According to the Beeb he asked Zidane to come back and Zidane said no, not yet.

Real Madrid: Zinedine Zidane has rejected job already, says Ramon Calderon

Zinedine Zidane has rejected the chance to return as manager of Real Madrid, according to former club president Ramon Calderon.

Zidane, 46, left the club last summer five days after winning a third straight Champions League title.

Calderon told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I know that this morning the president [Florentino Perez] called Zidane to ask him back, he said not now.

"He has left open the possibility of coming back in June."

Zidane shocked Real by walking out just days after a famous win against Liverpool which made him the first manager to win three European Cups in a row and only the third to win three in total - along with Bob Paisley and Carlo Ancelotti.

The former France captain has not managed since.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47474001

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

L'equipe reporting Zidane will take over until the rest of the season. 

Beat me again lol.

BREAKING: Real Madrid to announce Zidane’s return this Monday -report

According to La Sexta.

Zinedine Zidane will return to Real Madrid and the club will appoint him as Solari’s replacement this Monday, according to an exclusive report from La Sexta. COPE confirmed the report shortly after.

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2019/3/11/18259869/real-madrid-zidane-news-2019-return