talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mental Health

football forum

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So you live with your parents do you mean?

Aren't they supportive of your mental health issues @Inti Brian

Yes, but I try to not tell my dad because he also has mental health and it makes him worse. I tell my mom when she's not busy.

And yeah I'm living with them right now.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Yes, but I try to not tell my dad because he also has mental health and it makes him worse. I tell my mom when she's not busy.

And yeah I'm living with them right now.

My mum's supportive of me but doesn't really get it. It's important to talk and get support when you can

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

My mum's supportive of me but doesn't really get it. It's important to talk and get support when you can

What I need most is professional help, and I will seek it if I feel this way by next week.

Being an anxious person sucks. It really does.

3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

What I need most is professional help, and I will seek it if I feel this way by next week.

Being an anxious person sucks. It really does.

I have generalized anxiety and OCD. And depression also. It's very though. Just got to keep trying 

• Subscriber

My mental heath has been trampolining for the past few days. I have days where it's absolutely fine and I actually enjoy lockdown and then there's days like today where it's really getting to me and I find myself in a really low mood.

The bloke two doors down from my parents has killed himself. They saw him Sunday and had a quick chat with him. Thursday evening, the ambulances arrived. Obviously come as a shock to my parents given how recently they’d seen him. 

With that in mind, if anyone’s suffering, speak to someone. Even if it’s someone from here. 

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, tlr said:

Anyone else ever feel like they're fighting a losing battle against all of this shit? Feels like I fuck up every chance I get. Can't be dping with this shit I swear.

Been a rough year for a lot of people - I've gotten close to some dark places in my time. Just try to take it one day at a time and not put too much pressure on yourself to "fix" everything. You should try and get it all off your chest one way or another, I know most people on here would be happy for you to vent via PM if you don't want to do it in the thread, myself included. 

Gonna try and take a break from the forum for a bit. I've asked my account to be deactivated. I find I get very wound up at times.  Everybody knows some of my opinions are different from most on here and I dont think this forum is helping my mental health. Will be back but bye for now 

On 18/10/2020 at 04:40, tlr said:

Anyone else ever feel like they're fighting a losing battle against all of this shit? Feels like I fuck up every chance I get. Can't be dping with this shit I swear.

If you ever need a vent. Feel free to drop a message.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think I’m going to need serious therapy when all of this covid shite is over 

Yeah, I feel for people that are struggling to deal with things as a result of it. Negativity everywhere you turn, it's like being smothered by a blanket all the time.

I can't say its really affected me, maybe because I am constantly working but my other half is struggling.

She was furloughed for 5 months then made redundant as Hays Travel made loads of cuts. During that whole time she struggled with the boredom and felt she had no purpose.

She finally got a new job and 4 weeks in she's had to self isolate due to a heavy cold. Sent home from work last Monday, had a Covid test Tuesday at 1pm, and still no results 6 days on. After all that time off, missing more work is really hurting her.

She is proper struggling so I made her a little get well hamper at the weekend, been taking meals round and leaving them on the doorstep etc to try and cheer her up but its not easy to keep someone's spirits up when the negative cloud hangs over them.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I feel for people that are struggling to deal with things as a result of it.

I can't say its really affected me, maybe because I am constantly working but my other half is struggling.

She was furloughed for 5 months then made redundant as Hays Travel made loads of cuts. During that whole time she struggled with the boredom and felt she had no purpose.

She finally got a new job and 4 weeks in she's had to self isolate due to a heavy cold. Sent home from work last Monday, had a Covid test Tuesday at 1pm, and still no results 6 days on. After all that time off, missing more work is really hurting her.

She is proper struggling so I made her a little get well hamper at the weekend, been taking meals round and leaving them on the doorstep etc to try and cheer her up but its not easy to keep someone's spirits up when the negative cloud hangs over them.

I’ve not been too impacted by the virus really, other than mostly being here other than when I’m meant to rotate into the office now.

But now that I’d say 95% of my communication with the outside world comes from the internet... I’m finding that I really fucking hate most people.

I miss my friends. I am also tired of feeling trapped in a strange country too (that’s my fault, I probably should have never come here).

When I do interact with actual people, it’s either because of work... and that’s fine but it’s not like I actually care about any of those interactions. Otherwise it’s just deeply unpleasant shit, like going to the shops to get food.

The amount of drinking I’ve done since March has probably been far too much for any person trying to keep a healthy state of mind.

The first few months I was doing fine, I think. Lately though I’ve just swung into a furious depression. I am pissed off all the time and I’m sad as fuck, and it seems like there’s no end in sight.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’ve not been too impacted by the virus really, other than mostly being here other than when I’m meant to rotate into the office now.

But now that I’d say 95% of my communication with the outside world comes from the internet... I’m finding that I really fucking hate most people.

I miss my friends. I am also tired of feeling trapped in a strange country too (that’s my fault, I probably should have never come here).

When I do interact with actual people, it’s either because of work... and that’s fine but it’s not like I actually care about any of those interactions. Otherwise it’s just deeply unpleasant shit, like going to the shops to get food.

The amount of drinking I’ve done since March has probably been far too much for any person trying to keep a healthy state of mind.

The first few months I was doing fine, I think. Lately though I’ve just swung into a furious depression. I am pissed off all the time and I’m sad as fuck, and it seems like there’s no end in sight.

I think that's understandable, as you say, you are living in a bit of a virtual world, it only lasts for so long.

The hardest thing is shaking the routine you find yourself in, especially from your perspective with the booze.

Sounds like you need an outlet to try and channel your frustration, something to look forward to no matter how menial it is.

I've been going on loads of dog walks, plenty of places within 20mins drive to be fair and it does great for me. I try to make sure I do so many steps a day and what i dont do one day, i have to make up for it on other days with longer walks.

I know that doesnt sound very exciting but its just an example.

I've also been on a few bike rides and try to do a lot of home cooking as that offers a nice distraction too. I think the key is trying to keep busy.

Well I've decided that I'm going to post in this part of the forum but completely ignore other parts of the forum. At the moment I am still very isolated and so am going very careful not to do things that make it worse. This part of the forum will have a positive affect on my mental health not negative so it is ok. @Stan please remindme I'm not supposed to be posting in the football forums for my own good. Especially  referee threads 🤣.

@RandoEFC sorry if I said anything bad to you. The reason I am very defensive of referees is that I feel it is still a very highly trained job that is hard to do. Not everyone could do it. So I feel some of the abuse is very harsh. I feel criticism should be more pointing out issues and finding ways to sort them out while at the same time acknowledging that it is a hard job that a lot of people try to do and most are not good enough to get to that level.  That's not to say i dont think there arent issues that dont need sorting just my approach is different.  

Normally I would just let things like this go but when my mental health is bad I get  annoyed a lot more easier and much more intensely. I hope you can remember times I have said how much I value your knowledge. 

Also sorry to @Dr. Gonzo  but he knows I love him 😉

43 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

No I thought I pissed you of?

Nah I was more pissed off at the match/Coote the VAR official than anyone on here.

I imagine I pissed @RandoEFC off the most, but he knows that I'm just being a dickhead for the sake of our rivalry (I hope xD). I love all of you on here, tbh. Out of all the people I talk to on the internet, my TF365 family are the ones I like the best by quite a long distance.

Sorry if I've been a dick to anyone lately, I've not been in the greatest of headspaces. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well I've decided that I'm going to post in this part of the forum but completely ignore other parts of the forum. At the moment I am still very isolated and so am going very careful not to do things that make it worse. This part of the forum will have a positive affect on my mental health not negative so it is ok. @Stan please remindme I'm not supposed to be posting in the football forums for my own good. Especially  referee threads 🤣.

@RandoEFC sorry if I said anything bad to you. The reason I am very defensive of referees is that I feel it is still a very highly trained job that is hard to do. Not everyone could do it. So I feel some of the abuse is very harsh. I feel criticism should be more pointing out issues and finding ways to sort them out while at the same time acknowledging that it is a hard job that a lot of people try to do and most are not good enough to get to that level.  That's not to say i dont think there arent issues that dont need sorting just my approach is different.  

Normally I would just let things like this go but when my mental health is bad I get  annoyed a lot more easier and much more intensely. I hope you can remember times I have said how much I value your knowledge. 

Also sorry to @Dr. Gonzo  but he knows I love him 😉

I didn't have a problem with it really mate. Like you said, I'm a teacher, I've been told to fuck off and called a cunt to my face on multiple occasions and had to keep my cool. I have pretty thick skin.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah I was more pissed off at the match/Coote the VAR official than anyone on here.

I imagine I pissed @RandoEFC off the most, but he knows that I'm just being a dickhead for the sake of our rivalry (I hope xD). I love all of you on here, tbh. Out of all the people I talk to on the internet, my TF365 family are the ones I like the best by quite a long distance.

Sorry if I've been a dick to anyone lately, I've not been in the greatest of headspaces. 

You on the other hand... :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Met Coote and Tierney in a pub in Kyoto in 2014. Coote seemed incredibly genuine and was kind :) 

So gunna at some point soon get an ADHD test, came across the symptoms by chance a while back and they read off as a description of my personality. Not just that but a lot of issues that impeded my learning at school match what kids with ADHD go through as well, after a lot of reading I’ve got the same suspicion I had a few years back when I thought I OCD (which I do).

Heading off to Uni next year and just want to be on top of everything as it’ll be a once in a life time opportunity, plus I’ve had a lot of organisational and concentration issues  at work pretty much since I began working that have made jobs either difficult to do or feel like complete hell.

Not necessarily looking for anything in particular out of it, I.e. meds or anything. But if i am diagnosed I’d like to be able to understand more about it to give myself a better chance at Uni and through work and other endeavours.

• 4 weeks later...

I have found a strange way to deal with isolation. Although I'm not sure if it is that uncommon from what I have read. I basically hug a cuddly toy 🤣 seems a bit weird but I haven't had a hug of anyone in over 6 months and it is helping 

• Subscriber
On 13/11/2020 at 22:58, Gunnersauraus said:

I have found a strange way to deal with isolation. Although I'm not sure if it is that uncommon from what I have read. I basically hug a cuddly toy 🤣 seems a bit weird but I haven't had a hug of anyone in over 6 months and it is helping 

The question is, what kind of cuddly toy? :35_thinking: I bet it's a teddy!

In all seriousness, do you have or is it possible for you to get a pet? They do wonders for mental health.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

The question is, what kind of cuddly toy? :35_thinking: I bet it's a teddy!

In all seriousness, do you have or is it possible for you to get a pet? They do wonders for mental health.

Ha ha its actually a reindeer. It's a bit tough. A lot of landlords don't allow cats or dogs. A dog would be cruel anyway as I work a lot. Although I have heard that the law is being changed and they can't say no because of pets anymore.

I have thought about fish but I get some days where my anxiety is really bad and I can't do anything so it would be difficult anyway when I have to clean the tank.

Archived