talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I went to a "German Bier Garten" over the weekend. By German it means Bavarian. Everything was described as 'Bavarian'. Had a pretty good hefeweizen, though.

I'm guessing you went to Der Bier Garten in Atlanta?

I've been there, great beer, fucking atrocious food though. You are correct though, everything is Bavarian.

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm guessing you went to Der Bier Garten in Atlanta?

I've been there, great beer, fucking atrocious food though. You are correct though, everything is Bavarian.

Yep, the sausages were pretty good.

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Sexy. But almost 400€? Damn O.o

I know. But there are far more expensive options out there. All my life I bought leftover bikes from relatives etc. I finally want THE ONE! :P

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tsubasa said:

I know. But there are far more expensive options out there. All my life I bought leftover bikes from relatives etc. I finally want THE ONE! :P

Oh I completely get it! Go for it :P 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

DO IT

If I could ride a bike without being hit by a two ton Ford F150, I'd totally do it. Take a photo of it when you buy it though!

Edited by Spike

I've never worn a helmet while riding a bicycle. As a kid maybe. I do understand that it's safer though. The head/brain is such a vulnerable and vital thing. Only takes one fall and you're dead or permanently disabled. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

I've never worn a helmet while riding a bicycle. As a kid maybe. I do understand that it's safer though. The head/brain is such a vulnerable and vital thing. Only takes one fall and you're dead or permanently disabled. 

It depends heavily on environment, I'd say. In Netherlands, for example, where cycling infrastructure is so well developed with protected separate cycling paths mostly everywhere, having a helmet on will only make a difference on those rare occasions where someone is so damn unlucky and lands head-on after a fall/crash with another bike. So sure, it can save your life if you're involved in such accident, but on the big scale, it hardly makes a significant difference. Another funny and interesting thing (and not limited to cycling only) is risk perception - there's plenty of evidence to suggest that perception of reduced risk when a helmet is worn can prompt bike riders to be more reckless with their own safety (as opposed to those not wearing a helmet). That said, however, while I never even had a though of wearing a helmet while cycling in the Netherlands, I completely abstain from riding a bike in Cambodia and wouldn't ride it on-road in most other countries, depending on the infrastructure and driving culture. I'm not worried about falling down due to my own fault or due to some obstacle on my path (happened before, ended in fucked up knee haha), I do worry about car drivers not being careful and hitting me into a coma though.

2 hours ago, Faithcore said:

Das sieht gut aus. Aber fährt sich das auch gut?

Das wäre für mich bei einem Fahrrad schon entscheidender xD

Naja, ist'n Cruiser. Von daher bestimmt recht lässig! :D 

• This topic was featured and unfeatured