talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

5 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Nope, no strip club. His "best man" was his sister, as another friend had to give up hip his role due to a long story :D So it would have been awkward, but I think I prefer a Pub anyway :D

They're marrying at the registry office this Saturday, and then in a church the Saturday after that (and have a party afterwards). 

What's a German pub, anyway? Are they similar to a traditional 'English style' pub with draught, pool, darts, food, etc?

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

What's a German pub, anyway? Are they similar to a traditional 'English style' pub with draught, pool, darts, food, etc?

Well, we were at an Irish Pub. A German Kneipe? Hmm, darts is very popular at the moment, so many have that. Apart from that many have slot machines, some serve food, some don't, pool is rather rare except for the bigger ones downtown. Google Image search "Kneipe" and you'll get an idea :P

10 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Well, we were at an Irish Pub. A German Kneipe? Hmm, darts is very popular at the moment, so many have that. Apart from that many have slot machines, some serve food, some don't, pool is rather rare except for the bigger ones downtown. Google Image search "Kneipe" and you'll get an idea :P

Anything is better than an 'American Pub'. I sure do love Budlite, $10 burgers, fifty TVS, and being treated like I'm at a restaurant.

Going to a wedding on Saturday, and I need something to wear. Can't be arsed to spend hundreds of Euros on a suit. You guys think a formal jacket and some matching pants/trousers would be okay too? I don't want to go all out for something I'll wear once in my life. Well, maybe on my own funeral too. 

Just now, Tsubasa said:

Going to a wedding on Saturday, and I need something to wear. Can't be arsed to spend hundreds of Euros on a suit. You guys think a formal jacket and some matching pants/trousers would be okay too? I don't want to go all out for something I'll wear once in my life. Well, maybe on my own funeral too. 

Sure dude. I once rented a tuxedo for a wedding because there was a dresscode, and still a lot of people came just wearing jeans, nice shoes and a dress shirt. Speaking of, if you want to turn up all formal, just rent a suit instead of buying one.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Absolutely, nothing wrong with it. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the advice :) I don't even know if you can rent a suit around here. Gotta do some research. And of course I have to do everything last minute. Morgen, morgen, nur nicht heute, sagen alle faulen Leute! 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Thanks for the advice :) I don't even know if you can rent a suit around here. Gotta do some research. And of course I have to do everything last minute. Morgen, morgen, nur nicht heute, sagen alle faulen Leute! 

Was du heute kannst besorgen, das verschiebe stets auf morgen - denn was du heute kannst erleben, kann dir morgen keiner geben! :P 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Was du heute kannst besorgen, das verschiebe stets auf morgen - denn was du heute kannst erleben, kann dir morgen keiner geben! :P 

Haha, German sayings are the best! 

So, how do you Bundesliga fans feel about Rasenballsport Leipzig? On one hand they are an 'artificial' creation but at the same time, they are incredibly well run and managed; it's hard to not be impressed.

• This topic was featured and unfeatured