talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Can Watford do a “Leicester”, a “Burnley” or will they fall to pieces?

Great start by Javi Gracia’s men and I have read that he’s only lost eight games as Watford manager since taking over in January so I was wondering what the general consensus of them was at this stage and whether people think they could do a Leicester (doubt it), a Burnley (possible but unlikely) or they’ll collapse. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

more likely to do a Burnley than a Leicester.

I don't think they'll collapse but a start like this can almost ensure a good finish. Squad depth is something they may be lacking. 

Didn't know he'd only lost 8 games though. Wonder how their owners will react if they go on a bit of a winless streak as they are known to pull the trigger on managers quite swiftly. 

They could certainly finish in the top 7. As much as I hate to say it they could finish above arsenal depending on how emery does but I think its unlikely.

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

They could certainly finish in the top 7. As much as I hate to say it they could finish above arsenal depending on how emery does but I think its unlikely.

In one sentence you've managed to cover various angles that will most probably leave you looking good come the end of the season.  Talk about various outcomes made to look like one... Or maybe lots of confusion in a very short space of time! xD

It's all about squads these days and they've got to measure their squad against those that are fighting in the same mini league as them realistically.  There is where one can ascertain more or less where they should be finishing... Anything more than that and coming above clubs with deeper resources than them would be something to commend and talk about.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Leicester were an anomaly, statistically speaking shouldn't have won the league.

For that to happen to Watford too would be like lightning striking twice.

I'll bite. Statistically in what way...?

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'll bite. Statistically in what way...?

Xg for example. Not knocking you lot, it was a deserved league win and once in a lifetime excitement for everyone really. There's nothing to bite at.

But the stats didn't match up, which is why the season before you were fighting relegation and the seasons after at midtable.

47 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

In one sentence you've managed to cover various angles that will most probably leave you looking good come the end of the season.  Talk about various outcomes made to look like one... Or maybe lots of confusion in a very short space of time! xD

It's all about squads these days and they've got to measure their squad against those that are fighting in the same mini league as them realistically.  There is where one can ascertain more or less where they should be finishing... Anything more than that and coming above clubs with deeper resources than them would be something to commend and talk about.

Not really. I said they could finish top 7 but could finish above arsenal. That's 2 possibilities still a high chance of being wrong when you consider all the positions they could finish

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not really. I said they could finish top 7 but could finish above arsenal. That's 2 possibilities still a high chance of being wrong when you consider all the positions they could finish

Then you finished it off by saying it was unlikely. The only thing you missed out was a possibility of winning the damned thing. xD

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Then you finished it off by saying it was unlikely. The only thing you missed out was a possibility of winning the damned thing. xD

I said they could finish 7th or maybe finish above arsenal ie 6th. There are 20 positions they could finish I named 2. A bit bit nit picky to say I gave so many outcomes I  was bound to get it right.

29 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I said they could finish 7th or maybe finish above arsenal ie 6th. There are 20 positions they could finish I named 2. A bit bit nit picky to say I gave so many outcomes I  was bound to get it right.

There are 20 positions for everyone to finish in. But it seems with you Watford could finish in any of those as a prediction. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There are 20 positions for everyone to finish in. But it seems with you Watford could finish in any of those as a prediction. :ph34r:

I said they could finish 7th and I  said they could finish 6th above arsenal but I thought it was unlikely. That's 2. Maybe read the post again mate I think you might have misread it.

8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I said they could finish 7th and I  said they could finish 6th above arsenal but I thought it was unlikely. That's 2. Maybe read the post again mate I think you might have misread it.

Try and write a new one mate. You missed out a couple of other options. xD

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@SirBalon that post clearly says I think they could finish top 7 but maybe finish above arsenal ie 6th. So I have said 2 positions not 20 😁

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Write a new one anyway. :banana:

Not everyone likes to write replys quite as long as you :P Have you finished your wedding speach yet by the way? :D

29 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not everyone likes to write replys quite as long as you :P Have you finished your wedding speach yet by the way? :D

I’ve re-written my wedding speech and have taken some elements from your post where I offer a miltitude of outcomes to the future. :P

They won't win the league but I can't see them falling apart either. They'll finish somewhere between 7th and 10th. Might even sneak 6th. A shame they're actually doing well with two despicable cunts like Troy Deeney & Andre Gray upfront.

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

They won't win the league but I can't see them falling apart either. They'll finish somewhere between 7th and 10th. Might even sneak 6th. A shame they're actually doing well with two despicable cunts like Troy Deeney & Andre Gray upfront.

To be fair to Deeney he has turned his life around

• Subscriber

Gracia also finished last season with 1 win in 7 or something. Whatever it was it was Evertons fault xD.

They obviously won't keep this up or do a Leicester, maybe they could finish 7th but I think they'll more likely end up a bit below, just inside the top half. 

You can't knock their four wins out of four but I just don't think they have that much about them. 

Archived