talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forums

• Subscriber

I was shocked yesterday to discover that the Southport guy was born in Cardiff and not in fact a migrant who arrived in a small boat over the channel after the scum with the Reform UK logo as their Twitter profile picture immediately insisted in an attempt to bolster their politics and turn the UK into even more of a cesspit of racism.

Humans have had millenia to develop and evolve and yet there's still a huge number of us more interested in scoring points for their agenda when something like this happens when the only normal reaction is to express sympathy with the victims and see if there's anything you can do to help the local community.

Those trying to spread the lie that it was another Islamist migrant or whatever are animals. Making claims like these to spread hate and division should be criminalised.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I was shocked yesterday to discover that the Southport guy was born in Cardiff and not in fact a migrant who arrived in a small boat over the channel after the scum with the Reform UK logo as their Twitter profile picture immediately insisted in an attempt to bolster their politics and turn the UK into even more of a cesspit of racism.

Humans have had millenia to develop and evolve and yet there's still a huge number of us more interested in scoring points for their agenda when something like this happens when the only normal reaction is to express sympathy with the victims and see if there's anything you can do to help the local community.

Those trying to spread the lie that it was another Islamist migrant or whatever are animals. Making claims like these to spread hate and division should be criminalised.

👍

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Yep, you can tell someone's true colours when the first thing they think of is the ethnicity of the attacker as opposed to the several lives that have been ended or impacted because of their actions :( 

• Upvote 1

The people trying to use terrible incidents like this to point score are ridiculously pathetic people.

Why this kid decided to do what he did obviously needs to be investigated. Mental health obviously plays a part but why target who he did? Why did he snap now?

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The people trying to use terrible incidents like this to point score are ridiculously pathetic people.

Far-right rally apparently being organised in Southport xD

Pathetic, really. 

If your first thoughts when hearing of such atrocities is not with the victims, their families and the witnesses and rather is “where is the attacker from?” then you’re a massive Andrew Tate loving, “Matrix” supporting danger and need locking up as much as those who commit these atrocities. 

• Upvote 1

On 29/07/2024 at 12:49, Smiley Culture said:

I've been vindicated because I haven't made my judgement on the whole thing based upon thirty seconds of footage, where those brawling managed to stop brawling to try and make their mate look like a saint. 

Given they were attacking emergency services staff in a high security place like an airport, I'd say it was job done. Don't play silly games, you won't win silly prizes. The faux sympathy has been fucked off and their leech of a lawyer has fucked off quicker than Lyle Langley after building a monorail.

I still don't think it's appropriate use of force to stomp on someone's head when they're tased and detained on the floor, even if they're "struggling" is interpreted as resisting arrest. I think police need to be held to a higher standard than the criminals they're apprehending because they're agents of the state.

Yes, the guy is an absolute cock for attacking emergency staff in an airport. I think he should absolutely be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But I'm not sure you're truly vindicated because I think regardless of any context, the guy stomping on someone's head while they're detained on the ground is still obviously going well beyond what is reasonable to stop someone tased, on the floor, and basically in detention from "resisting arrest" - I'm not sure stomping on the back of anyone's head can really ever truly be justifiable unless you're in a life or death hand to hand combat situation. I don't really think this was that type of situation.

Sure in the grand scheme of things, he's getting off easy - there's other countries, like the US, where if he'd done what he'd done it wouldn't be surprising at all if the police just shot him and called it a day - and they'd probably get away with it in the US. But I'm not sure other countries having a high tolerance for police abuses is the appropriate standard we'd want to have with UK policing. Especially with quite a bit of trust in the police having eroded in recent years, particularly with that copper killing that woman.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

If your first thoughts when hearing of such atrocities is not with the victims, their families and the witnesses and rather is “where is the attacker from?” then you’re a massive Andrew Tate loving, “Matrix” supporting danger and need locking up as much as those who commit these atrocities. 

But on this point, I agree with you hands down. A bunch of kids were stabbed to death and others saw their friends/classmates murdered in front of them. Eyewitnesses report hearing awful bloodcurling screams and saw dead children and children covered in blood.

If your thoughts aren't with the victims, their families, and the witnesses who saw the aftermath (which I'm sure is more than just a bit traumatic)... and instead you're looking to use this tragedy to push your politics... I think that's absolutely fucked. That's basically a sociopathic disregard for life.

• Administrator

Far right rally turning into chaos with them attacking a mosque (for no reason) and then attacking police. 

Absolute neanderthal cunts. 

These backwards minded idiots are having a hell of a time.

Their laughter and joy proves that they don't actually care about the kids that died. It's an excuse for them to openly act on their bigotry.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

These backwards minded idiots are having a hell of a time.

Their laughter and joy proves that they don't actually care about the kids that died. It's an excuse for them to openly act on their bigotry.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Absolute fucking scum the lot of them.

Bet you several of them attacking the police were also bemoaning the guy attacking the police in the airport last week too... 

• Subscriber

I didn't even clue myself up on that police incident because I saw something about people with brown skin and the police being involved and I just knew the detail of it and people's reactions would disgust me.

The way those people are conducting themselves in a grieving town is an absolute disgrace. I bet you can count on one hand how many of them are actually from Southport. The rest of them are the same rent-a-mob thugs who descend upon London to "defend Churchill's statue" or whatever other reason they can come up with a couple of times a year.

Any of those who can be identified from the footage should be chucked in jail for 10 years. And if they can track down any of the people who started the rumour about the offender being a channel migrant to rile people up then they should be doing 20. Unfortunately it's probably the Russian nerds running bot accounts to destabilise and divide our society even more.

God I fucking hate the state of the UK (and much of the western world). We live in a golden age of information and yet this many people have ended up genuinely thinking that Muslims and brown people are a threat to them.

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

God I fucking hate the state of the UK (and much of the western world). We live in a golden age of information and yet this many people have ended up genuinely thinking that Muslims and brown people are a threat to them.

I wouldn't say golden age. There is also a lot of mis & disinformation than any point in history. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Azeem said:

I wouldn't say golden age. There is also a lot of mis & disinformation than any point in history. 

This is true but it's also not that difficult to find out what's true and what isn't if you want to.

As you suspected @RandoEFC

"These individuals came into Southport, did not reflect the local population, and used the incident to incite violence and hatred, and it’s absolutely not something the people of Southport want or the families want," she says.

She adds: "My understanding from local people on the ground is that these were not local residents, these were individuals that came from out of town who had been stirred up online by the likes of the EDL [English Defence League], just looking for a fight."

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

As you suspected @RandoEFC

"These individuals came into Southport, did not reflect the local population, and used the incident to incite violence and hatred, and it’s absolutely not something the people of Southport want or the families want," she says.

She adds: "My understanding from local people on the ground is that these were not local residents, these were individuals that came from out of town who had been stirred up online by the likes of the EDL [English Defence League], just looking for a fight."

Shock horror. Who's said that?

• Administrator

Very good thread here on how the disinformation spread and then has severe consequences. No shock at all to see leading far-right extremists at the heart of it... 

• Upvote 1

On 31/07/2024 at 10:43, Stan said:

Very good thread here on how the disinformation spread and then has severe consequences. No shock at all to see leading far-right extremists at the heart of it... 

Using dead children to spread your propaganda is a special kind of vile. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Using dead children to spread your propaganda is a special kind of vile. 

Using emotionally traumatizing events for propaganda has a longstanding tradition in all political camps, though, to be fair.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Sad 1

• Administrator

Far right knobheads lost their shit at a guy with an 'Arab appearance' wielding a knife yesterday as police arrested him before all the chaos started. 

Turns out he's a guy called Jordan Davies, one of their own who was looking to cause trouble... 

• Upvote 1