talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Nah, understand people criticising it. Too crazy moves for an office holder to do on camera, there are people she precedes over who would be fired or suspended doing the same: bureaucrats, military etc. Kinda of a unwritten code that comes with the position.

Agree to disagree, thank you. 

An unwritten code that you're not allowed to go to a party and dance? 

Maybe that code needs to be changed.

The position of PM doesn't automatically equate to you not being able to have fun, and have all kind of life sucked out of you to become a miserable straight-laced goody-two-shoes. She's literally done nothing wrong - what's crazy about it? And is it worse because it's done on camera?

Why would anyone be fired/suspended for dancing at a party? Do you really think people in military or other 'serious' walks of life don't go out to parties or enjoy themselves when they're not at work?

• Upvote 1

On 12/08/2022 at 09:23, CaaC (John) said:

Aye, just spotted it.

Novelist Salman Rushdie stabbed in neck on stage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-62524833

431f5287-b7ee-48aa-94a7-390c2cf9ca87.png

So a long time ago, I read this book because I thought "well if the Iranian government hates it, it's got to be really good" ...

... so I read it and read it... and kept waiting for the shocking parts with blasphemy and for it to get interesting.

And it wasn't blasphemous in the slightest and was just a really, really, boring book, imo. I now know the dream sequences featuring Mohammed are just considered blasphemous because they're just a depiction of Mohammed... but I think it seems incredibly fucking stupid to get so offended by the book and for people to call for his death (and pay to have a bounty made on him)... but I just don't think that it was really blasphemous despite the prediction. If anything, the dream sequences make Mohammed not look like an evil piece of shit and instead show him as someone who resisted being tricked by the devil.

Rubbish book, though, but he doesn't deserve to get attacked or killed because the book is shit. Really shows the fucking idiotic priorities of the Iranian government, though. They've got money to throw at a potential murderer for a guy who wrote a book, but they won't do a fucking thing for the Iranians living in Iran. Evil monsters hiding behind their religion.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So a long time ago, I read this book because I thought "well if the Iranian government hates it, it's got to be really good" ...

... so I read it and read it... and kept waiting for the shocking parts with blasphemy and for it to get interesting.

And it wasn't blasphemous in the slightest and was just a really, really, boring book, imo. I now know the dream sequences featuring Mohammed are just considered blasphemous because they're just a depiction of Mohammed... but I think it seems incredibly fucking stupid to get so offended by the book and for people to call for his death (and pay to have a bounty made on him)... but I just don't think that it was really blasphemous despite the prediction. If anything, the dream sequences make Mohammed not look like an evil piece of shit and instead show him as someone who resisted being tricked by the devil.

Rubbish book, though, but he doesn't deserve to get attacked or killed because the book is shit. Really shows the fucking idiotic priorities of the Iranian government, though. They've got money to throw at a potential murderer for a guy who wrote a book, but they won't do a fucking thing for the Iranians living in Iran. Evil monsters hiding behind their religion.

I read it about 20 years ago, and frankly, I don't remember much of the plot, but I recall liking it. Not as much as Midnight's Children, although quite honestly, I don't remember much of it either...  xDMaybe my Alzheimer's is kicking in already. Which would be a bit shit, but I'm quite looking forward to forgetting and then re-reading my favourite books and rewatching my favourite movies and TV shows though. There's always a silver lining xD

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Tommy said:

The only suspicious thing is that she's being almost too social for a Finn. 

I've got a friend from Sweden who says the reason it's controversial is because she's too social and having too much fun to actually be Finnish xD - I dunno anything about Finnish stereotypes really other than they like drinking a lot, but sounds like they're pretty fucking funny stereotypes

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've got a friend from Sweden who says the reason it's controversial is because she's too social and having too much fun to actually be Finnish xD - I dunno anything about Finnish stereotypes really other than they like drinking a lot, but sounds like they're pretty fucking funny stereotypes

I love Finns. Met plenty when I traveled, and I was also in a Finnish online team for some football game. I'd say 99% of the stereotypes you hear about Finns are true. xD

59450939_1415577468582836_53142201326360

And this joke is perfect too:

Two Finnish men, Jukka and Pekka, go ice fishing. They fish in silence for a long while and eventually Jukka asks "So how are things?"  Pekka doesn't answer and they continue fishing in silence for some more hours. Then Jukka asks, "So how is the family?" At this Pekka gets angry, stands, up and shouts "Did we come here to talk or to fish?!"

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I love Finns. Met plenty when I traveled, and I was also in a Finnish online team for some football game. I'd say 99% of the stereotypes you hear about Finns are true. xD

59450939_1415577468582836_53142201326360

And this joke is perfect too:

Two Finnish men, Jukka and Pekka, go ice fishing. They fish in silence for a long while and eventually Jukka asks "So how are things?"  Pekka doesn't answer and they continue fishing in silence for some more hours. Then Jukka asks, "So how is the family?" At this Pekka gets angry, stands, up and shouts "Did we come here to talk or to fish?!"

My friend told me a similar joke. Three Finnish men walk into a bar and each order a beer, one finishes his beer and asks for another. The other two glare at him for talking so much.

• Haha 1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Stan said:

9y/o shot dead in Liverpool :(. RIP. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-62642060

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Fucking hell.

Reading the other details coming out of it and it's so, so unfortunate :(

Can't even begin to imagine how anyone involved can feel after realising a little girl has died as a result. 

Women in Japan will have to get their partner's consent to get a birth control pill. They've been introducing weird incentives and laws due to the falling birth rates in the country. It really is a crisis, numbers are crazy. 

I should probably go there and help them.

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

just a good video on the sexualisation and exploitation of woman, children and the emotional and financial exploitation of men.  

it is backed by the global trend of increased singles and lowering relationships, further backed by the rapidly declining birth rates in typical western states.

societal decay is setting in