talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Comedians

football forum

football forum

Who's got you laughing recently? 

I've got tickets for Joel Dommett in October and I'll admit I'm really finding Joe Lycett to be a really good comedian. Both me and the Mrs have agreed to go and watch him as soon as he's touring round our neck of the woods which is hopefully soon. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Brilliant xD 

What did you tweet? 

a few days before, something about spare tickets to the gig that night. And then he'd scrolled through my tweets for however long and seen that I had a conversation about with someone about how to sort out rubbish in communal areas by contacting environmental health. obviously to anyone else that's boring as fuck but he called it 'sound, good advice' cos obviously that's the kind of person he is and he'd have done the same xD. And without context of his whole set it's not as funny!

He was brilliant though, regardless of what I'd done and said! 2nd time I've seen him live and he was better this time around. 

• Administrator

Other comedians I enjoy watching 

Jimmy Carr 

Michael McIntyre 

Lee Evans 

Romesh Ranganathan 

Rob Beckett 

Ross Noble 

Micky Flanagan

Chris Ramsey 

Daniel Sloss 

Aisling Bea 

Katherine Ryan

Seann Walsh

Al Murray

Sara Pascoe 

Frankie Boyle

Milton Jones 

Russell Howard 

Joel Dommett is everywhere round here at the moment for tickets sometimes less than ten pound. For that to happen so soon after being a popular face on Im A Celeb suggests to me his stand ups are going to be not very good.

John Richardson often used to drink in the pub I went to (which was his local) in the surbiton/Kingston area and he seemed like the exact stereotype in reality as he is on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown.

On 4/19/2017 at 7:43 AM, Stan said:

Other comedians I enjoy watching 

Jimmy Carr 

Michael McIntyre 

Lee Evans 

Romesh Ranganathan 

Rob Beckett 

Ross Noble 

Micky Flanagan

Chris Ramsey 

Daniel Sloss 

Aisling Bea 

Katherine Ryan

Seann Walsh

Al Murray

Sara Pascoe 

Frankie Boyle

Milton Jones 

Russell Howard 

I see you haven't mentioned Jo Brand on your gigantic list, you misogynistic pig.

3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

We got some great ones over here like Yayo, and Pablo & Pachu, shame most of you can't speak Spanish.

I only know what Messi has taught me; 'concha de tu madre'.

• 1 month later...

I was persuaded to see Sean Walsh this evening at a small comedy club in Kingston. I'm not his biggest fan on TV as I find he tries to be too eccentric to get noticed when he's with other comedians but he actually turned out to be very good in a stand up environment. There was one really annoying American woman who was trying to haggle all the comedians and he completely put her in her place. Would recommend seeing him if he's doing stand up where you live.

The guy before him named Alex Smith had me in hysterics too.

Archived