talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Title Run-In...

• Subscriber

Our attack system works very differently to City's. If you took them off the leash and said go back to last season we'd be playing some even tastier looking football. But, this team has learned from its mistakes and while its not operating at the same swashbuckling way it was before I guarantee you they are no worse than what City have on offer.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
29 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'll never in my life want Utd to win.

With that in mind I'll be pining all my hope's on Leicester taking a point to win us the title. 

Tonight though..   COME ON CITY!!

I apologise in advance. 

I don't get why you would do this xD 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I'll be hoping and praying that Leicester take points off City. I'll never wish for Utd to win. 

Thought you might have been joking but obviously not..

You don't need to want them to win! They can draw. To actually want Man City to win is bizarre

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Thought you might have been joking but obviously not..

You don't need to want them to win! They can draw. To actually want Man City to win is bizarre

Look, I'd obviously take Utd winning or drawing against City to win us the title. 

It's my least favourable way of us winning it though. 

Cant stand the thought of them whoppers claiming they won it us. 

I still think there are a few twists and turns in the title race yet, so I wont be shitting the bed if City give those dickeads a pillocking tonight. 

On current form United are not the team most likely to take points off City. 

That said they are in dire need, and derbies have a way of serving up unexpected results.

I'm any case I'll be mad keen supporting every team City are up against for the rest of the season except those in the cup comps...

29 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Look, I'd obviously take Utd winning or drawing against City to win us the title. 

I still think there are a few twists and turns in the title race yet, so I wont be shitting the bed if City give those dickeads a pillocking tonight. 

I think a United fans best case scenario is to beat City, to give us the ascendency in the title race, only for us to drop points elsewhere to lose the title.

If City and Liverpool both win every remaining game then neither really lose the title. But if points are dropped by either or both teams in the run in then it will be a hard blow.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Harry said:

If City and Liverpool both win every remaining game then neither really lose the title. But if points are dropped by either or both teams in the run in then it will be a hard blow.

Liverpool would.

39 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Us winning it won't be because of Man Utd. They have their own shit to focus on, they will want to win the game and I want them to win it. I don't give a fuck, if they can take points off city then that's only a good thing. 

Weird to want City to win any of their final games, nevermind arguably their biggest test left.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Liverpool would.

Only technically in that they wouldn't collect the trophy.

I'd argue there's a pretty significant difference between "not winning" the title and losing it, in terms of how much it hurts.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Only technically in that they wouldn't collect the trophy.

I'd argue there's a pretty significant difference between "not winning" the title and losing it, in terms of how much it hurts.

Fair enough. Technically you wouldn't 'lose it' as such I guess.

It might seem like hollow words now (should  you not go on to win it) but I hope Liverpool fans wouldn't be too disheartened should they not win it. Obviously it's gonna hurt given it's so close. This is probably one of the best title races there's been since City last won it against QPR with that Aguero goal. Played phenomenally well throughout the season and to take City this far (with all their money in the bank etc) should be praised and never forgotten. 

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fair enough. Technically you wouldn't 'lose it' as such I guess.

It might seem like hollow words now (should  you not go on to win it) but I hope Liverpool fans wouldn't be too disheartened should they not win it. Obviously it's gonna hurt given it's so close. This is probably one of the best title races there's been since City last won it against QPR with that Aguero goal. Played phenomenally well throughout the season and to take City this far (with all their money in the bank etc) should be praised and never forgotten. 

Yeah. Personally it will be painful but you'd have no choice but to say City we fully deserving.

However if City lose tonight and then we drop points to Huddersfield the following game then that would hurt a bunch. 

19 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

you had an 11 point lead at 1 point yeah?

I think it was 7 points and could have been ten if we'd beaten City on Jan 4th rather than lost to them. Thereabouts.

Bottom line. Cities second half of the season is unbelievable, that of a 105+ point season. Our second half of the season has been solid. If I'm looking back at matches in January then I'm looking too far back to see it as the title being lost by us

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Us winning it won't be because of Man Utd. They have their own shit to focus on, they will want to win the game and I want them to win it. I don't give a fuck, if they can take points off city then that's only a good thing. 

Weird to want City to win any of their final games, nevermind arguably their biggest test left.

I'm from Liverpool and most of the Liverpool fans I know cant bring themselves to want Utd to win, so it's not that weird. 

As i said though, if they do then I'd take that but it's the least positive way I'd like us to win it. 

Shoot me now but I dont want them fuckers to have anything to do with us at this stage. 

I was actually tongue in cheek when I said 'COME ON CITY' btw. 

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm from Liverpool and most of the Liverpool fans I know cant bring themselves to want Utd to win, so it's not that weird. 

As i said though, if they do then I'd take that but it's the least positive way I'd like us to win it. 

Shoot me now but I dont want them fuckers to have anything to do with us at this stage. 

I was actually tongue in cheek when I said 'COME ON CITY' btw. 

Really? Them helping you to the title would be more enjoyable than anything, they'd be so contradicted about a victory. Most Liverpool fans are surely cheering for Manchester United.

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Really? Them helping you to the title would be more enjoyable than anything, they'd be so contradicted about a victory. Most Liverpool fans are surely cheering for Manchester United.

Not from what I've experienced to be honest, but I cant speak for every Liverpool fan. 

I'd rather Utd have fuck all to do with us at all, and certainly not them inbreds bragging that we only won the title because of them. 

It's not true of course but I'm already getting shit to that effect. 

As I said, however we win the title is good by me, but Utd being a part of it is my least favourable option, as it is many Liverpool fans.

Saying that, if Utd win tonight I'll force out a little smile I'm sure. 

Don't think we can accuse Liverpool of bottling it if they don't win the title. Only lost once and are set to finish with a points total that would have won them the league most seasons.

Archived