talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Racism in Football

football forum

The decision is being criticised by some reactionary people imo, the kneel was a way for sports players and fans to come together and create discussion, but at this point now, what is it actually contributing to  now? I think it’s run it’s course. Interested to see what the club have planned in place of it

On 08/02/2021 at 04:46, Danny said:

The thing is I don’t think there’s “more” racism occurring I just think players feel empowered to report it now, and clubs are probably doing the same thing too.

Social media sites do very little to prevent it and so essentially encourage it as there is a very easy way to deal with this.

yeah i imagine a lot of is it frequency illusion

kneeling in europe is an odd one for me, it started as a protest to the American national anthem during which you are asked to stand up and remove your hat. doesn't really translate kneeling in complete silence on the other-side of the globe, it's make more sense to stand together arms linked or something of the ilk, to show unity

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

What could they do? Assuming it's one man's word vs another?

If others have heard it, then that different and maybe action taken against the player.... along with Roofe, 

Why would there be action against Roofe? Eye on the ball and absolutely zero malice in it. You can't sit there and tell me Roofe meant what happened.

The reaction of the Rangers players tells you everything you need to know about the Kamara situation.

21 minutes ago, Rab said:

Why would there be action against Roofe? Eye on the ball and absolutely zero malice in it. You can't sit there and tell me Roofe meant what happened.

Eye on the ball? That's laughable, his foot was in the Keepers face, and the ball behind his head

21 minutes ago, Rab said:

The reaction of the Rangers players tells you everything you need to know about the Kamara situation.

Yeah, but you said nothing will happen to Slavia,  I'm suggesting something could happen to the player who allegedly made the remarks 

Football authorities dont have to prove what happend they can go on probability. The fact that he covered his mouth and the players reaction may be enough to for the authorities to at least do some punishment.

It happened with john Terry and Ferdinand. The police couldnt do anything because they couldnt prove it but the fa could go on what was more likely 

10 hours ago, Moon Monkey said:

Eye on the ball? That's laughable, his foot was in the Keepers face, and the ball behind his head

Yeah, but you said nothing will happen to Slavia,  I'm suggesting something could happen to the player who allegedly made the remarks 

Imagine using a video is still images to back up your argument of whether he was watching the ball or not.

What a waste of time this is.

9 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

I'd like to see your video evidence of his eyes on the ball?

If you can watch this video and tell me his eyes aren't on the ball leading up to the challenge then I don't know what planet you live on.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rab said:

If you can watch this video and tell me his eyes aren't on the ball leading up to the challenge then I don't know what planet you live on.

Are you actually having a laugh? You can't even see his eyes in this clip???

What a waste of time this was, you were obviously swayed by the commentary,  did you assume I would be? 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Panna King said:

The problem is a lot of footballers are uneducated scumbags or come from certain countries that don't seem to have any take racism whatsoever that they do not think they are doing anything wrong by saying certain things.  

Which is where these places and footballers need to be educated and bettered. All the fines and suspensions UEFA or whoever hand out every now and then do fuck all, really.

12 hours ago, Moon Monkey said:

What could they do? Assuming it's one man's word vs another?

If others have heard it, then that different and maybe action taken against the player.... along with Roofe, 

What does the Roofe incident have to do with racism?