talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Garfield

Fairly funny children's movie about Garfield the cat. I never enjoyed Garfield as a kid but this remake was pretty decent to be fair as they pack these films with humour adults can enjoy as well.

6/10

• Subscriber

The Longest Day (1962) - 10/10

This film and  The Battle of the Bulge (1965) - (10/10) are two of my favourite WWll movies ever filmed, I can't say how many times I have watched them.

The Longest Day

image.thumb.png.715fa1051fb03c448ecbd87945df43c6.png

Rest of the Cast  ^^^^^^^

The Battle of the Bulgeimage.thumb.png.64b810ec0d9990bc022bbb2de6f43956.png

Rest of the cast ^^^^^

• Subscriber

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga - 6/10

I can't really put my finger on it, but it felt drawn and really not as compelling as the last one. Considering who they cast and the fact that the storyline does lend itself to something very good it just felt like it labored to produce something very uninspiring. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2024 at 05:25, Mel81x said:

I can't really put my finger on it, but it felt drawn and really not as compelling as the last one. Considering who they cast and the fact that the storyline does lend itself to something very good it just felt like it labored to produce something very uninspiring. 

Harsh, I felt it was similar to Mad Max 2, which is a phenomenal film.

• Subscriber
On 22/06/2024 at 07:06, Spike said:

Harsh, I felt it was similar to Mad Max 2, which is a phenomenal film.

The thing is I had just finished watching all the originals and I actually really like Mad Max 2. I'll have to give it another watch when it comes to streaming but it really did nothing for me as I felt it was drawn a bit. The characters were superb but I felt like they could have cut it short a bit and we'd have gotten something better.

57 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Personally I think 2 is the weakest :D 

I thought the third was the worse. Felt like an over the top Bollywood movie.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

I thought the third was the worse. Felt like an over the top Bollywood movie.

Idk the second villain was good just didnt think the back half was as good as the rest. The whole series is about pushing reality practically xD either way I enjoy them all.

• Subscriber

Under Siege (1992) Steven Seagal, Tommy Lee Jones (7.0/10) not bad, saw this a few times.

Enemy Of The State (1998) Will Smith, Gene Hackmam (8.5/10) good movie, saw this a few times too. 

• Subscriber

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, 10/10 (or in Italian, ll buono, ll brutto, ll Cattivo, literally The Good, the Ugly, and the Bad), with Clint Eastwood, the film that made his name, best Western ever for me.

The 3.10 to Utah (2007) with Russell Crowe, and Christian Bale, 7.5/10, is not bad but the 1957 version with Glen Ford and Van Heflin is a better watch for me 8.5/10.

3:10 to Yuma

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.png.27517e632f828c586eae3e3f8695577d.png

Doomsday(2008)

There have been quite a few Doomsday over the years and this is the one with Rhona Mitra. So basically there has been a virus outbreak in Scotland and so the UK decides to wall it off from the rest of the world. A couple of decades later, civil war breaks out in the UK and the government is made aware that a cure might have been found in Scotland. So Rhona Mitra and her crew go to the wasteland that is now Scotland to find the potential cure. Its bang average. 

5/10

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

Really disappointing movie. Mad Max Fury Road was an absolute masterclass in movie- making. This one feels like a documentary in comparison. This could be the end of the Mad Max saga considering that they blew up so much of money on questionable CGI. They should have instead made a movie on Tom Hardy. Such a waste of time. Chris Hemsworth was such a terrible casting. They have ruined it.

5/10

On 10/06/2024 at 11:25, Mel81x said:

Interestingly it got great reviews from critics and fans but was a box office bomb 

• Upvote 1

Nowhere Special(2020)

It's an Irish movie that came out in 2020 but if I am not wrong they released it internationally in 2024. Bloke who is a single father is diagnosed with a terminal illness and he has only a few months to find a foster home for his young son. Absolutely beautiful movie. 

7.5/10

Edited by couscous

• Subscriber

Binge movie night last night until the early hours...

• Conspiracy Theory (1997) - Mel Gibson, Julie Roberts - 7/10 - I pissed myself laughing when Gibson who was strapped to a chair and his eyes taped over went down a flight of stairs. (****Spoiler)
  • Enemy of the State (1998) - Gene Hackman, Will Smith - 8/10
  • Gladiator (2000) - Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix - 9/10
  • Hang em High (1968) - Clint Eastwood - 8.5/10

****Spoiler - Conspiracy Theory

• Like 1

On 16/07/2024 at 10:03, CaaC (John) said:

Binge movie night last night until the early hours...

• Conspiracy Theory (1997) - Mel Gibson, Julie Roberts - 7/10 - I pissed myself laughing when Gibson who was strapped to a chair and his eyes taped over went down a flight of stairs. (****Spoiler)
  • Enemy of the State (1998) - Gene Hackman, Will Smith - 8/10
  • Gladiator (2000) - Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix - 9/10
  • Hang em High (1968) - Clint Eastwood - 8.5/10

****Spoiler - Conspiracy Theory

Reveal hidden contents

Conspiracy theory where his daughter is killed?

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Conspiracy theory where his daughter is killed?

Not what I can recall, still a good film.

Conspiracy Theory is a 1997 American political action thriller film directed by Richard Donner. Starring Mel Gibson, Julia Roberts, and Patrick Stewart, the original screenplay by Brian Helgeland centers on an eccentric taxi driver who believes many world events are triggered by government conspiracies, and the Justice Department attorney who becomes involved in his life. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_Theory_(film)

4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Not what I can recall, still a good film.

Reveal hidden contents

Conspiracy Theory is a 1997 American political action thriller film directed by Richard Donner. Starring Mel Gibson, Julia Roberts, and Patrick Stewart, the original screenplay by Brian Helgeland centers on an eccentric taxi driver who believes many world events are triggered by government conspiracies, and the Justice Department attorney who becomes involved in his life. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_Theory_(film)

Mixed up. Movie I meant is Edge of Darkness.

• Upvote 1