talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 1-4 Man City - Sunday 12th May, 2019

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Poor old man city. First team to retain the league in 10 years and nobody says a word about them. 

They’re an incredible side, and they’ve set a new gold standard for English football - but what they are will always take a shine off their achievements 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Its good patter that Everton fans are gruding Liverpool for not beating a vastly more expensive side when their team spunks tens of millions on dross and spends most of the season scrapping in amongst the likes of Bournemouth and Crystal Palace. 

Are we still playing this "Liverpool spend no money and it's a fairytale that they even came close" card? xD

They've definitely done well and they deserve credit for it but they definitely did invest heavily in the side. And you can't blame, or be surprised, by Everton fans not being sad over Liverpool not winning the league. That's a normal reaction rival fans will have. 

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Are we still playing this "Liverpool spend no money and it's a fairytale that they even came close" card? xD

They've definitely done well and they deserve credit for it but they definitely did invest heavily in the side. And you can't blame, or be surprised, by Everton fans not being sad over Liverpool not winning the league. That's a normal reaction rival fans will have. 

I don't see anything in my post that suggests I don't think Liverpool invested heavily.

Big clubs have always invested heavily in football. Sovereign states rigging the system is a much newer development, and is a much more potent force. I don't see how you can possibly draw an equivalence between the two. 

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Liverpool have spent plenty since Klopp came in. Don't think anyone is denying that. But they've had to sell important players to do it

Just now, LFCMike said:

Liverpool have spent plenty since Klopp came in. Don't think anyone is denying that. But they've had to sell important players to do it

You guys sell well and receive a hell of a lot more than the players are worth. Two thirds of that Coutinho money was free money.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Not saying you should be arsed. Just making the point you did spend a lot of money which people want to pretend wasn't the case.

Already said we did. Just said it's not the same as being financially doped

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Already said we did. Just said it's not the same as being financially doped

We have to sell well to spend well.

Anyway lads, let's not start arguing about shite. 

Just pass me a tissue. 

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Not saying you should be arsed. Just making the point you did spend a lot of money which people want to pretend wasn't the case.

We spent like City after selling Coutinho and getting a lot of money from making a CL final. If you want to pretend that’s the same as being an oil club, okay, but it’s not.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We spent like City after selling Coutinho and getting a lot of money from making a CL final. If you want to pretend that’s the same as being an oil club, okay, but it’s not.

Of course it's not the same but I'm not having this fairytale angle people want to push.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

As you are most likely aware, I enjoy poking fun at Liverpool but an oil club? Not a chance. They've spent money that they have earned through finishing high up in the league, getting to the final of the Champions League, selling players for obscene amounts and marketing around the globe by being one of England's biggest brands. In the past season they signed VvD, Alisson and Keita who were all funded by the Coutinho money plus the income streams I've mentioned above. 

If it wasn't the fact that they were Liverpool I'd be rooting for them, they're not an oil-baron club in the slightest and are managed (frustratingly) well at the moment.

You're right. Their sugar daddy doesn't own any oil. Bout the only difference. When they were spending zillions on shite like Carroll and Suarez and finishing 6th every season they still outspent teams like Spurs and Arsenal. 

But it's okay because their rich owner is white and not arabic or russian?

37 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Had out chances, Leicester had theirs think it was a fair draw. With Spurs drawing as well we finish 3rd unbelievable after the state of this season.

That's a lovely story mate but this is the City v Brighton thread :D

• The title was changed to Brighton 1-4 Man City - Sunday 12th May, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived