The better place to talk football.

Twins

football forum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Why? 

I don't know. I find them creepy. They look identical, have the same mannerisms, same voice most of the time. It's eerie. 

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I don't know. I find them creepy. They look identical, have the same mannerisms, same voice most of the time. It's eerie. 

They're not always identical though? I used to date a twin, thankfully not identical. Her and her sister were poles apart in personality as well though.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Only when their parents dress them in identical clothing all the time. That's just weird.

RED RUM. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, @Tommy I'm guessing you don't like 30STM's video The Kill xD 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

They're not always identical though? I used to date a twin, thankfully not identical. Her and her sister were poles apart in personality as well though.

RED RUM. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, @Tommy I'm guessing you don't like 30STM's video The Kill xD 

Yea well, I'm talking about identical twins. I don't know about the proper term. In German we call it monozygous (eineiig). 

I've watched that video many years ago. Didn't even remember the twin girls. Also I've only grown cautious of twins in the last few months. But I think I'm onto something. They're not quite right. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I've watched that video many years ago. Didn't even remember the twin girls.

Nah it's not them. That's from The Shining.

But The Kill is based on that film and there's loads of twins dancing towards the end of the video as well as 'twins' shadowing the band's movements. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Nah it's not them. That's from The Shining.

But The Kill is based on that film and there's loads of twins dancing towards the end of the video as well as 'twins' shadowing the band's movements. 

Ah ok, I know the Twins from the Shining and thought they just copied them for the Music Video. I used to like 30STM until Jared Leto turned into a weird arrogant douche nozzle. 

47 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I have a friend who are twin brothers and one of his friend is also a twin. 

46 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Oh and my roommate also has two twin brothers

See. They're taking over. 

In Spanish we have two words for twins, gemelos, which are the ones who look the same and @Tommy is talking about, and mellizos who almost never look the same but were also born at the same time. It's weird than in English they're classified as the same with the same word as they're different, the first ones are born from one spermatozoon and one ovum shared by both, while the others have one of each for each other.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Berserker said:

In Spanish we have two words for twins, gemelos, which are the ones who look the same and @Tommy is talking about, and mellizos who almost never look the same but were also born at the same time. It's weird than in English they're classified as the same with the same word as they're different, the first ones are born from one spermatozoon and one ovum shared by both, while the others have one of each for each other.

Or we just say identical/unidentical twins...

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Or we just say identical/unidentical twins...

Aren't the non-identical ones called fraternal twins?

Either way, yeah I'm creeped out by identical twins a bit. No reason why xD

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Either way, yeah I'm creeped out by identical twins a bit. No reason why xD

It's just weird. They are the SAME person by the looks of things. That is crazy. And of course they grew up together, they have the same mannerisms, facial expressions etc. Gives me the willies. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Why stop at twins? This family is had a show here after having sextuplets. 

2APGNPDRXBDDZF55J45LKTAM2E.jpg

I reckon @Tommy saw this and is now in a period of recovery...

giphy.gif

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

It's just weird. They are the SAME person by the looks of things. That is crazy. And of course they grew up together, they have the same mannerisms, facial expressions etc. Gives me the willies. 

Of course one is always good and the other one is evil!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

The evil one has to wear a little mustache though. 

Knight Rider did it right!

michael_garth_knight_rider_evil_twin_has

2 hours ago, nudge said:

When you date a twin they always try to mess with your mind as well which from the outside is probably rib breakingly hilarious but not for the poor sucker getting preyed upon... 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

When you date a twin they always try to mess with your mind as well which from the outside is probably rib breakingly hilarious but not for the poor sucker getting preyed on... 

Speaking from experience? :D 

Archived