talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Big Middle Eastern Thread

football forum

5th day of national strikes in Iran to once again demand basic human rights for Iranians.

I think part of the problem is non-violent protests in the face of a repressive and violent government aren't going to work. You're just going to end up with thousands arrested, many sentenced to death, and a few high profile instances of violence to discourage people from taking to the streets. It's a very tough issue to deal with because ultimately this government will always turn to violence in the face of non-violent protests. There've been some instances of violence against government forces, but for the most part it's been relatively peaceful protesting.

I'm not sure they will be able to free themselves from the oppression of the IRI without using more violence against basijis, sepahis, and even mullahs themselves. And unfortunately, I think that means a whole lot of innocent people would have to put their lives at risk just to fight for the same sort of basic human rights and freedoms that we take for granted in our daily lives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In the last year, the actions of a lot of online Palestinians did a lot of work erasing my sympathies for Palestine with their simping for the IRI. But it's hard to lose that sympathy completely when there's people out there spouting this kind of racist shit:

CDN media

Israel has the position of power, if they want meaningful peace they've got to take the first steps in backing away from the pattern of escalation that always happens with Israel & Palestine. And they need to ignore radicals like these settlers and this political commentator who has nothing to add to any discussion other than pouring petrol onto existing fires.

• 3 weeks later...

Guy in charge of hijab enforcement in Iran caught on video having gay sex apparently.

I'm not usually one for the brutality of the Iranian government's draconian penalties... but this guy getting the harshest treatment possible would be some delicious irony.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

r/NewIran - If you want to help Iranians with the fight against terrorism of IR, as a citizen of another country, you must demand your politicians and journalists to take strong action against such deals. You must hold your government accountable.

@Tommy @Rucksackfranzose please do whatever small thing you can to voice your displeasure about this news to the German government, because it's a pretty foul thing for a big western corporation to be involved in.

What a bunch of assholes. I see it already made the news in Germany as well, so it should be spreading. But apparently it's not the first time they decide to make deals with assholes. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

r/NewIran - If you want to help Iranians with the fight against terrorism of IR, as a citizen of another country, you must demand your politicians and journalists to take strong action against such deals. You must hold your government accountable.

@Tommy @Rucksackfranzose please do whatever small thing you can to voice your displeasure about this news to the German government, because it's a pretty foul thing for a big western corporation to be involved in.

Didn't know about that! Will contact Saarbrücken MP to mention that in a parliament urgent motion to stop it.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Didn't know about that! Will contact Saarbrücken MP to mention that in a parliament urgent motion to stop it.

A big "thank you" from me & on behalf of the people there who want to be able to demand a better life for themselves, their friends, and their families free of the oppression of theocratic autocrats that have led that country into the toilet.

• 1 month later...

Horrific scenes in Israel. Massive attack from Hamas, drones, advanced rockets, paraglided shock troops… all to target a lot of civilians.

And what’s it going to result in other than carnage for Gaza? I wouldn’t be surprised if Israel occupies Gaza for the considerable future after this.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Horrific scenes in Israel. Massive attack from Hamas, drones, advanced rockets, paraglided shock troops… all to target a lot of civilians.

And what’s it going to result in other than carnage for Gaza? I wouldn’t be surprised if Israel occupies Gaza for the considerable future after this.

A barefaced lie but okay. 

"Israel has the right to defend itself, fullstop." Mr joe. 
Cut to footage of entire Palestinian apartment blocks being leveled in an instant. Interesting self defense mechanism. but after all, the Israeli PM did say "Objective 1 is to defend ourselves and clear out the attackers, objective 2 is to exact an immense price."

Also the news reports that 'dozens' of militia crossed the border to attack Israel, then that about 2000 Palestinian casualties have been reported. "mostly from the forces who crossed the border". Umm, if only a scant 100 or 200 militia crossed the border, how are most of the 2000 killed and injured made up from that? US just don't like to focus on the fact that when the dust from this settles the main death toll, as ever, will be Palestinian civilian's, as this pseudo genocide continues.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You are deposed from your home, the invaders who replace you are backed by the west, and you are downtrodden and forgotten, never compensated and scarcely recognized. Would you ever stop fighting? 

When the Iranian government abuses the human rights of your people it's a travesty, when Israel do it 'stop resisting bro'.

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Cut to footage of entire Palestinian apartment blocks being leveled in an instant. Interesting self defense mechanism. but after all, the Israeli PM did say "Objective 1 is to defend ourselves and clear out the attackers, objective 2 is to exact an immense price."

Also the news reports that 'dozens' of militia crossed the border to attack Israel, then that about 2000 Palestinian casualties have been reported. "mostly from the forces who crossed the border". Umm, if only a scant 100 or 200 militia crossed the border, how are most of the 2000 killed and injured made up from that? US just don't like to focus on the fact that when the dust from this settles the main death toll, as ever, will be Palestinian civilian's, as this pseudo genocide continues.

You are deposed from your home, the invaders who replace you are backed by the west, and you are downtrodden and forgotten, never compensated and scarcely recognized. Would you ever stop fighting? 

When the Iranian government abuses the human rights of your people it's a travesty, when Israel do it 'stop resisting bro'.

I sympathise with the oppression of Palestinians. Hamas is doing nothing for them.

But go look at the footage today. A lot of civilians gunned down by people. Civilians paraded down the streets after being murdered. Lot of video evidence of rape being used as a weapon.

That shit is all pretty easy to condemn. Hamas has basically doomed Gaza to even more misery than normal.

They aren’t friends of Palestinians, they’re the same kind of shitbags running Iran. Human rights violations don’t excuse further human rights abuses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I sympathise with the oppression of Palestinians. Hamas is doing nothing for them.

But go look at the footage today. A lot of civilians gunned down by people. Civilians paraded down the streets after being murdered. Lot of video evidence of rape being used as a weapon.

That shit is all pretty easy to condemn. Hamas has basically doomed Gaza to even more misery than normal.

They aren’t friends of Palestinians, they’re the same kind of shitbags running Iran. Human rights violations don’t excuse further human rights abuses.

Hamas are in control of Palastine and they use Palastinians as meatshields and indoctrination fodder.    There can be no peace unless Hamas is driven out and a genuine Palestinian government is elected.  it is the only hope of sustained peace between Palastine and Israel.

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think if most people analyse the history of that particular region, they will come to the conclusion that the Jews were a minority there and therefore probably didn't have the right to establish their state of Israel. Especially with the encouraged influx of Jews into the region from places far away(mainly Eastern Europe), after they formed their state. However, what I have witnessed over the years, is equal brutality from both sides, namely the Israeli Government and Hamas. For all intents and purposes, Israel won this war years ago. If the Palestinians want to continue their resistance, they should not go about it by committing barbarous acts. Hamas has done them little favours over the years and neither have Fatah. All of Hamas, Fatah and the Israeli Government have committed terrible crimes for years, I just wish these crimes would stop, for the sake of the innocent people on both sides.

On a side note, I am a bit disappointed in Zinchenko, for sticking his nose into the Israeli-Palestinian issue. He should stick to supporting Ukraine, instead of delving into other conflicts that he clearly doesn't know that much about.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Hamas are in control of Palastine and they use Palastinians as meatshields and indoctrination fodder.    There can be no peace unless Hamas is driven out and a genuine Palestinian government is elected.  it is the only hope of sustained peace between Palastine and Israel.

Hamas control Gaza but not the West Bank. Gaza’s fucked now though.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I think if most people analyse the history of that particular region, they will come to the conclusion that the Jews were a minority there and therefore probably didn't have the right to establish their state of Israel. Especially with the encouraged influx of Jews into the region from places far away(mainly Eastern Europe), after they formed their state. However, what I have witnessed over the years, is equal brutality from both sides, namely the Israeli Government and Hamas. For all intents and purposes, Israel won this war years ago. If the Palestinians want to continue their resistance, they should not go about it by committing barbarous acts. Hamas has done them little favours over the years and neither have Fatah. All of Hamas, Fatah and the Israeli Government have committed terrible crimes for years, I just wish these crimes would stop, for the sake of the innocent people on both sides.

On a side note, I am a bit disappointed in Zinchenko, for sticking his nose into the Israeli-Palestinian issue. He should stick to supporting Ukraine, instead of delving into other conflicts that he clearly doesn't know that much about.

The creation of the state of Israel was obviously a contentious issue. But there’s a reason that Mizrahi Jews, the ones that called pretty much every country in the Middle East home, no longer live in every Middle Eastern country… but only in Israel and Iran, and in Iran… they’re an extreme minority. They may have an MP in the majlis (Iran’s parliament) - but Arabs have 7 seats in Israel’s parliament… and yet Israel’s largely considered an apartheid state.

Israel’s an apartheid state. They’re also one of the only places Mizrahi Jews can live anywhere near their indigenous lands after centuries of genocide. In an ideal world, they’d be allowed to live in their homelands in peace. We don’t live in an ideal world.

Is it fair Israeli’s took a bunch of land from people living there and now treats them as a lower class of humans? Obviously not. Is it fair Mizrahi Jews were forced from their lands and can only now call 2 places in the Middle East home now after centuries of persecution? Also obviously not. Israel’s there now - getting rid of them means doing worse than what Israel’s done to Palestinians. This isn’t the black and white issue so many people make it out to be, tbh.

Israel and Palestine are never going to experience peace if they all continue their human rights abuses. But Hamas has basically doomed Gaza with this action, which I assume was done to throw a wrench in the works of Israel-Saudi relations being normalised. What will happen now is a massive response from Israel, that will kill a ton of innocence and lead to a new generation of radical Palestinians.

Nobody should be cheering on Hamas after what they did yesterday. They just killed a lot of people and will get a lot more killed in response.

• Upvote 3

I can't be mad at Palestinians being proud of finally laying a serious blow to Israel because of how long they've had to suffer because but at it is still mostly innocent people being killed. "Here's a taste of your own medicine" was always going to be brutal. Unfortunately this is a green light for Israel to scale up their operation of genocide.

People shouldn't want any innocent people to be killed on either side but this is the Israeli government's fault. If I lock you in a room and regularly beat the shit out of you, then you find your way out of that room to do the same back, I can't claim to be the victim. I certainly can't beat you up again saying it's now self defence.

9 hours ago, Michael said:

He seems like a nice guy but he generally seems like an idiot as well. Even when it comes to Ukraine/Russia, saying every Russian athlete should be banned is a red flag.

18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The creation of the state of Israel was obviously a contentious issue. But there’s a reason that Mizrahi Jews, the ones that called pretty much every country in the Middle East home, no longer live in every Middle Eastern country… but only in Israel and Iran, and in Iran… they’re an extreme minority. They may have an MP in the majlis (Iran’s parliament) - but Arabs have 7 seats in Israel’s parliament… and yet Israel’s largely considered an apartheid state.

Israel’s an apartheid state. They’re also one of the only places Mizrahi Jews can live anywhere near their indigenous lands after centuries of genocide. In an ideal world, they’d be allowed to live in their homelands in peace. We don’t live in an ideal world.

Is it fair Israeli’s took a bunch of land from people living there and now treats them as a lower class of humans? Obviously not. Is it fair Mizrahi Jews were forced from their lands and can only now call 2 places in the Middle East home now after centuries of persecution? Also obviously not. Israel’s there now - getting rid of them means doing worse than what Israel’s done to Palestinians. This isn’t the black and white issue so many people make it out to be, tbh.

Israel and Palestine are never going to experience peace if they all continue their human rights abuses. But Hamas has basically doomed Gaza with this action, which I assume was done to throw a wrench in the works of Israel-Saudi relations being normalised. What will happen now is a massive response from Israel, that will kill a ton of innocence and lead to a new generation of radical Palestinians.

Nobody should be cheering on Hamas after what they did yesterday. They just killed a lot of people and will get a lot more killed in response.

I hate you so much rn. I'm 20% wishing Israel go full defcon 1 and fucking wipe iran off the map and populate it, just to hear you sob about the injustice of it all, and ask for western intervention that will never come. You should know better, of all people. The jewish dickriding in this thread is immense. 

I see this becoming a regional war. If Israel doesn't take back territories in coming weeks US would get involved and so would Iran and its militias. 

P.S Aren't there theories Middle Eastern Jews being forced to flee their original homelands to Israel were targetings done Israeli operatives themselves to make them flee. Israel had deep penetrations into Arab hierarchies in the 50s 60s, the senior most candidate for Syrian defense minister turned out to be an Israeli spy lol 

B02-ED076-6742-4-AC0-93-F4-442493-E92-B9

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I hate you so much rn. I'm 20% wishing Israel go full defcon 1 and fucking wipe iran off the map and populate it, just to hear you sob about the injustice of it all, and ask for western intervention that will never come. You should know better, of all people. The jewish dickriding in this thread is immense. 

“I love human rights but I also support genocide” :clown:

Just FYI this attack was probably ordered by the same people that oppress Iranians on a daily basis. If Iran gets bombed, Khamenei and co brought it on themselves.

I also doubt the government and military that struggled with a few hundred malnourished terrorists in trainers can wipe out a country.

But you do you, gleefully cheer on the videos of that child being ripped from her mothers arm and having her throat slit & all the other shit I saw this weekend.

I’m not going to pretend this is a flight between good and evil or oppressor vs oppressed. Hamas and the Israeli government are both bad guys. And a lot of innocent Israelis and Palestinians will die because they’ve got ethnic and racial hatred because of their sad little fairy tales.

• Upvote 4

Those Palestinians celebrating the massacre that happened in Israel, on the streets of England are idiots. They shouldn't be celebrating such barbaric acts, but they will also go to their comfortable beds here in England, while innocent Palestinians will be bombed and killed by Israeli fire, in retaliation to what the Hamas terrorists did.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Michael said:

Those Palestinians celebrating the massacre that happened in Israel, on the streets of England are idiots. They shouldn't be celebrating such barbaric acts, but they will also go to their comfortable beds here in England, while innocent Palestinians will be bombed and killed by Israeli fire, in retaliation to what the Hamas terrorists did.

They don’t care about the Palestinians actually there who have to live (and likely die) with the consequences of Hamas’s actions. They just hate Jews and Israelis.

It should be pretty easy, even if you support Palestinians, to condemn shit like rape as a weapon and murdering children.