• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 0-5 Man City - Saturday 10th August, 2019

football forums

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Don't see a problem with VAR again today. All the correct decisions ended up being made and I don't actually think it affected the celebrations much. If anything the fact that the City goal was disallowed gave the West Ham fans a chance to celebrate which they sorely needed :ph34r:.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not sure where I saw it Stan tbh? I'll have a look for it today. 

Its bollocks anyway, VAR dont even make the right decisions half the time.

It made the right decisions more often than not in all the checks it's done in the last 2 games though?

In fact, the only one where it seemed potentially incorrect is the disallowed goal by Sterling...

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

It made the right decisions more often than not in all the checks it's done in the last 2 games though?

In fact, the only one where it seemed potentially incorrect is the disallowed goal by Sterling...

Yeah half the decisions being wrong was an exaggeration on my part. I'm just not a fan of VAR at all. It has its place if used scarcely but as always it's becoming way over the top. 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah half the decisions being wrong was an exaggeration on my part. I'm just not a fan of VAR at all. It has its place if used scarcely but as always it's becoming way over the top. 

I'd like a review system as @Chaaay AFC alluded to and something I'd be an advocate of.

3 chances* to use it in the game if you choose to. Captains/Managers make the decision and inform the officials. Onus and responsibility and risk is on the club as opposed to officials. Incident gets checked and it'll limit the pauses in the game.

Maximum of 6 times VAR will be used in the 90 mins. It can still be used on the same stuff - red cards, penalties, goals, offsides. Nothing more. Once you're out of reviews, that's it. Use them up and that's that.

*If not 3 each game, then make it 1 or 2 per half. Would hopefully limit the amount of stoppages/injury time as well each half.

It also stops the risk of officials/VAR being hounded for checking 'everything'. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd like a review system as @Chaaay AFC alluded to and something I'd be an advocate of.

3 chances* to use it in the game if you choose to. Captains/Managers make the decision and inform the officials. Onus and responsibility and risk is on the club as opposed to officials. Incident gets checked and it'll limit the pauses in the game.

Maximum of 6 times VAR will be used in the 90 mins. It can still be used on the same stuff - red cards, penalties, goals, offsides. Nothing more. Once you're out of reviews, that's it. Use them up and that's that.

*If not 3 each game, then make it 1 or 2 per half. Would hopefully limit the amount of stoppages/injury time as well each half.

It also stops the risk of officials/VAR being hounded for checking 'everything'. 

Yep, I mean it's getting to a point now where even none controversial goals are being checked now 'just incase'. Its a joke and its ruining all the excitement. 

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Agree with that mate, maybe VAR is just something we are going to have to get use to but reviews add a better dimension for me. Just think football is to fast paced for everything being checked. 

Nobody probably considering the financial advantage they have over everyone else. 

Well they haven't spent as big as some other clubs around Europe. They just seem to identify what's required and act upon it in a smart manner.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Well they haven't spent as big as some other clubs around Europe. They just seem to identify what's required and act upon it in a smart manner.

Have you seen their net spend compared to anyone else? 

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So who do we reckon will be ready next season to challenge this lot?

Any club that can bypass FFP and grab UEFA firmly by the balls. What the hell happened to the investigation? 

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I take it you're joking? They have spent about £500m on about 17 FB's within the last 2 years ffs xD

They also have about £1b worth of talent sat on their arse each week.

You go and compare our net spend under Klopp against City's under Pep! Its night and day mate. Guardiola has a massive advantage.

Money really is no object for them. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I take it you're joking? They have spent about £500m on about 17 FB's within the last 2 years ffs xD

City haven't spent much the past two summers. They've brought in Mahrez, Rodri, Cancelo. What people forget though is how much they spent in previous years so as not to have to sign 4-5 players each summer.

People need to look at the overall cost of the squad, not what has been spent in each window. Most clubs at least have a few bargain players in their squad, e.g. Shaqiri and Robertson for you lot. City don't really and even their cheapest players were only cheaper because they were signed before the post-Neymar market meltdown. 

21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Have you seen their net spend compared to anyone else? 

Any club that can bypass FFP and grab UEFA firmly by the balls. What the hell happened to the investigation? 

20 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That Manchester City flout FFP like PSG do and nobody wants to go ape due to rhetoric is upto each individual. This is what Premier League clubs have spent this summer

It's in line with what elite clubs across Europe have been spending and we have to ignore the fact they may have exceeded spending because if I get accused of criticising Parist Saint-Germain because I may be biased in a personal duel there (even though unfounded because one club has nothing to do with the other historically), then you have to accept whats happening here. What's happening is that Manchester City have signed players they require with the tools that are necessary to compete. The fact Liverpool haven't spent to improve isn't Man City's fault and Chelsea are out of the reckoning because they're not allowed to sign this window.

If you have an issue with how UEFA handle their own rules, don't come to me. Let's start a thread but let's not make it biased to the Premier League seeing as Liverpool fans are still celebrating their continental trophy which competes against other European clubs working (supposedly) under the same rules.

Man Utd have spent more and nobody is talking about them!

image.jpeg

• Administrator

Yeah me too. I'd rather a few controversial decisions than all this stopping and starting and pauses to check every goal.

You'd be one of the first to complain about another teams luck though if some decisions went their way through those controversies? 

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That Manchester City flout FFP like PSG do and nobody wants to go ape due to rhetoric is upto each individual. This is what Premier League clubs have spent this summer

It's in line with what elite clubs across Europe have been spending and we have to ignore the fact they may have exceeded spending because if I get accused of criticising Parist Saint-Germain because I may be biased in a persinal duel there (even though unfounded because one club has nothing to do with the other historically), then you have to accept whats happening here. What's happening is that Manchester City have signed players they require with the tools that are necessary to compete. The fact Liverpool haven't spent to improve isn't Man City's fault and Chelsea are out of the reckoning because they're not allowed to sign this window.

If ypu have an iddue with how UEFA handle their own rules, don't come to me. Let's start a thread but let's not make it biased to the Premier League seeing as Liverpool fans are still celebrating their continental trophy which competes against other European clubs working (supposedly) under the same rules.

Man Utd have spent more and nobody is talking about them!

image.jpeg

Come on Ballon, you're better than that. 

You've basically skirted around every point made to you. 

Utd are no better either but at least they spend money made by the club. 

It's not even debatable that City (and Utd) have a massive financial advantage over the rest. 

It's why I rate Klopp higher than Pep, purely because of the challenges Klopp has met in his career whilst being successful, compared to Pep who basically takes the best clubs to the next level, and hes not even been exactly successful at that in Europe. 

Anyway.....

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

You'd be one of the first to complain about another teams luck though if some decisions went their way through those controversies? 

Why would I? I'm probably the last one on here to lose my shit over a football match. Not sure how you've come to the conclusion I'd be the first to complain?

I'm just not a fan of VAR Stan, it's as simple as that. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Come on Ballon, you're better than that. 

You've basically skirted around every point made to you. 

Utd are no better either but at least they spend money made by the club. 

It's not even debatable that City (and Utd) have a massive financial advantage over the rest. 

It's why I rate Klopp higher than Pep, purely because of the challenges Klopp has met whilst being successful compared to Pep who basically takes the best clubs to the next level, and hes not even been exactly successful at that in Europe. 

Anyway.....

Mate, I haven't skirted around any point as you can see on my post. I said that the fact UEFA turn a blind eye to the two Gulf clubs is something we have to take issue with but on BOTH counts. I know, I understand but my argumetn was the way City identify what they need and sign it. This doesn't always mean the most expensive player, but what's required.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why would I? I'm probably the last one on here to lose my shit over a football match. Not sure how you've come to the conclusion I'd be the first to complain?

I'm just not a fan of VAR Stan, it's as simple as that. 

You mentioned about the table without VAR earlier and how Liverpool would be top! 

I know you're not mate and I've got no problem with that :) each to their own as I know VAR itself is quite polarising at the moment. 

Archived