talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup - Fourth Round Matches - 29-30th October, 2019

football forum

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Jorginho kept fighting and pushing just to have a good view xD this result merits a celebration ....very poor from both arsenal and liverpool, only a newbie to the sport would find such a poor match, enjoyable. 

Oh shut up you fucking melt. Cant you just for once enjoy a great game of football from what was basically half our academy?

You need to see a doctor

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

You lot under Ole remind me of Villa under O'Neil. xD

Like I said previously, If we beat Watford and Palace before City all will be forgiven. Not that arsed, however there is a genuine concern considering the mental block this team has against the top 6 in domestic competition. It's not just one, two, or three players. It's the entire team. We don't play composed and we concede stupid fouls where, this season in particular, the set piece always ends up in the back of the net. 

One less competition to worry about I guess. 

That was pretty great though. I didn’t really care too much about this match because I knew we weren’t going to take it too seriously. And then it looked like we were due for a big loss - but instead we got a spirited fight back from a pretty young side.

I’d never even heard of Williams before this match. Like not one single time ever had he ever popped up on my radar as someone we might use in a competitive match. Here’s how little I knew about him: as I was typing this up I originally called him “Wilson” before I thought “wait no that’s not his name.” And I had to go back and change my post xD - he was a bit shit in the first half... he looked pretty decent in that second half though. Not bad for someone I’ve never fucking heard of against Arsenal.

A screamer from Ox, 2 nice goals from Origi - so that’s good for confidence of squad players we’re likely to use more frequently - is an added plus.

But on the negative that was really open and at times it looked like these players had never passed to each other in their lives. But it ended up being an incredibly open game and a fun one for someone who thought it’d be a bit shit.

Only watched the first half. The amount of errors we committed were staggering. And most of them came from seniors. I thought Keita and Ox were particularly poor. 

Was pleasantly surprised to wake up to the news that we won. Happy for the young lads, and hope they continue to play it. 

Good opening fifteen minutes, Alonso with his dodgy defending gifts United their 20th penalty of the season. In the second United barely crossed the half line we had a couple of okay chances with Batshuayi making Maguire look like Ben Haim. After we started seriously pushing, Ole feared for his job and brought everything he had on. Great goal from the free kick no doubt, kinda knew we would go out against a relegation battler to be fair.

In all seriousness we should have done better, went out all fair and square.

Melissa Reddy✔@MelissaReddy_

Klopp: "I can't remember when I last had as much fun at a match. I'm really happy for the kids that they'll remember this first night at Anfield for the rest of their lives - they made it such a special one. They worked their socks off and played with their soul on their pitch"

10:14 PM - Oct 30, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

483 people are talking about this

Just got to love him. 

Arsenal could still go through yet!....

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1189675164256083969

I'm sorry but I cant help it Arsenal fans.... Klopp wants absolutely nothing to do with this competition. Playing 16 and 17 year olds Weve just knocked out Arsenal whilst trying to lose. Klopp has basically just said "let Arsenal go through anyway" :rofl:

ICYMI: The draw for the Quarter-Finals takes place this morning!

Ties for the next round will take place w/c 16th December.

The EFL is in discussions with Liverpool FC to identify an alternative date given the Club’s participation in the FIFA Club World Cup competition.

Just watched the highlights back...

don't normally comment on the opposition after our games but I'm making an exception. Arsenal as a club have sunk to depths not seen for a couple of decades. I thought they were a fucking embarrassment on and off the pitch. Small time. Celebrating goals against our youth players as if was the fucking CL final. Substitutes running across the pitch to join in behind the goal. 
At one stage in the first half the away end went through the full repertoire of shite away end songs in the space of 15 minutes. It was like listening to fucking Stoke or Newcastle supporters. When did it all go so wrong for them? I used to think Arsenal fans were different to the bellends who follow the other top 6 clubs but not now. Maybe it's because they wont be a top 6 club much longer.

"How shit are you, we're winning away".

No you're not, you're losing again to our youth team you bad dickheads. xD

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Absolutely no surprise that Man City get a free pass to the semi finals yet again. Man Utd with a free pass also. 

It's almost as if a Manchester Derby is being set up for the final as a promotion for this competition :whistling:

The Manchester 'Derby' is almost meaningless now as both sides couldn't care less about each other and regard Liverpool as their main rivals. 

7 minutes ago, shut up said:

Ox, Gomez, Milner, Origi, lallana, keita. Yeah, proper youth players 

Most of Arsenal's eleven all had a fair bit of first team experience. Five of Liverpool's only experience was in the last round v MK Dons. Then you bring on three first team players from the bench. It's a bit embarrassing for Arsenal really. They should have been able to see out the game when you look at the two XIs that finished the game

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Liverpool goal scorers. Ox, origi, milner & mustafi og. All players in their late 20s

Arsenal goal scorers - willock, martnelli, maitland niles - actual youth players xD

Willock has player a fair few PL games and is 20 years old. Started at Anfield earlier in the season I think? Maitland Niles has nearly 40 PL appearances. They're not youth players. Martinelli I'll give you.

Fact remains, Arsenal brought Guendouzi, Cabellos and Tierney off the bench while Liverpool brought on two lads with about 10 Liverpool appearances between them.

34 minutes ago, shut up said:

Ox, Gomez, Milner, Origi, lallana, keita. Yeah, proper youth players 

The rest were literally out of our academy and the seniors were literally fringe players or coming back from injury xD

Admit it, you got duked xD

11 minutes ago, shut up said:

They're youth players when you compare them to your goal scorers :ph34r:

My point was, you needed your experienced players to win the game for you. Your youth players did nowt xD

So we beat you with 6 men?

Sound, it gets better xD

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

They're youth players when you compare them to your goal scorers :ph34r:

My point was, you needed your experienced players to win the game for you. Your youth players did nowt xD

Elliott wins the penalty (very soft I thought) and Williams puts a very good ball in for Origi's equaliser. Some of them didn't have great games and look far from being ready but it's ridiculous to claim some of them didn't contribute. 

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Elliott wins the penalty (very soft I thought) and Williams puts a very good ball in for Origi's equaliser. Some of them didn't have great games and look far from being ready but it's ridiculous to claim some of them didn't contribute. 

Leave him Mike or he wont sleep xD

17 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Last team to defeat Citeh, the back to back champions of this competition, is of course Man Utd 2016 :ay:not Liverpool or chelsea, but Man Utd. :what:

United haven’t beaten City in the league since 2016 :what:

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

United haven’t beaten City in the league since 2016 :what:

League's don't matter. 

It's all about European cups.

Or domestic cups.

Or International Champions Cup.

The league only matters when taking in to account the trophy record against Liverpool.

Obvs. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived