• Dominos Pizza
    • Dunkin' Donuts
    • KFC
    • McDonalds
    • Subway
    • Wimpy
    • Other (Please Specify)

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Do you guys have Five Guys in the UK? They finally opened one in Düsseldorf last year? Two years ago? Something like that. But due to the pandemic, I haven't been there yet. About time though. 

Yeah we do. It's really expensive. I cant spend that much on a burger unfortunately. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Do you guys have Five Guys in the UK? They finally opened one in Düsseldorf last year? Two years ago? Something like that. But due to the pandemic, I haven't been there yet. About time though. 

41 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah we do. It's really expensive. I cant spend that much on a burger unfortunately. 

This. 

Extortionate, really. Don't see the fuss. 

• 1 month later...

We've had the pineapple on pizza debate. Are there any other no go combinations? I detest tomato ketchup but know there are people who like it. I've seen people put it over scrambled eggs and omlettes. This is gross in my opinion.

Also, I like mayo to dip chips in and on chicken burgers. But I know people who dice it all over their donna kebabs. It really does look hanging.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, MUFC said:

We've had the pineapple on pizza debate. Are there any other no go combinations? I detest tomato ketchup but know there are people who like it. I've seen people put it over scrambled eggs and omlettes. This is gross in my opinion.

Also, I like mayo to dip chips in and on chicken burgers. But I know people who dice it all over their donna kebabs. It really does look hanging.

Chicken on pizza. Don't know why, but I just don't like it. 

Bread with any dish that contains potatoes. The only exception is flatbread (roti, etc) with potato curry.

Generally dislike most sweet & savory food combinations.

2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere, but a mate of mine has tomato ketchup on his pizza. Weirdo.

Like on top of the tomato sauce that is already on the Pizza? 😩🤌

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere, but a mate of mine has tomato ketchup on his pizza. Weirdo.

That's surprisingly common all over the world 😅 horrible combination.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Like on top of the tomato sauce that is already on the Pizza? 😩🤌

Exactly like that. xD

1 hour ago, nudge said:

That's surprisingly common all over the world 😅 horrible combination.

I admit to doing it when I was a kid, but wouldn't even think of that now.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I never had a hash brown in a burger O.o

In the UK they do this. Once ordered a gourmet burger and they put a hash brown in. Never knew till I took a bite.

TIL Röstis are hash browns in English. I thought you guys are talking about hash... like in hash cakes. xD

And I'm glad that I grew up around people who never put Ketchup on a Pizza. 

On 14/04/2022 at 05:16, MUFC said:

I don't like hash browns in burgers.

Hash browns are one of the greatest things ever and are delicious in a wonderful breakfast burger with bacon, beef patty, egg and whatever else they wanna put in it. 

On 14/04/2022 at 06:02, Tommy said:

TIL Röstis are hash browns in English. I thought you guys are talking about hash... like in hash cakes. xD

And I'm glad that I grew up around people who never put Ketchup on a Pizza. 

I legit have never seen or heard of someone putting tomato sauce (it isn’t ketchup here) on a pizza that already essentially has tomato sauce on it. 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Toinho said:

Hash browns are one of the greatest things ever and are delicious in a wonderful breakfast burger with bacon, beef patty, egg and whatever else they wanna put in it. 

They're fine on their own too. Nice to have as part of a fry up. 

Wingstop is banging but they could do with a better range of sauces.

Shakeshack burgers are top tier too, fries are shit though.

Not sure if it comes under fast food but there’s a Jamaican place in Brixton that does the best beef patties I’ve had. Addicted to them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Answer is in your question doc :ph34r:

At most things that's true... but not everything (like wages in the UK are way too low for comparatively the same work in the US... and it's not like the US is the greatest at paying fair wages).

You'd think an American food company would have it's best in the home country... but I guess not. Although KFC was also a billion times better in China than it's ever been in my life in the UK so who fucking knows xD

Tough choice.

McDonald's currently leading, and I can't remember having a 'bad' McDonald's.

Burger King kind of somehow tastes like someone's home made 'McDonald's' . And I'm never sure if that's good or bad.

A really good proper fish & chips is tough to beat, but it is increasingly difficult to get really good & so I am often left disappointed, though still more full than after a McDonald's.

Chinese sweet & sour batter balls are amazing when good. But even chicken can somehow go wrong. And I never even contemplate the pork or prawn option.

I can eat a curry now & then, but personally tends to be 1 I just go along with if others are calling for it.

I tried Subway once, for a lunch. Had a stale roll. Never been back since.

Dominoes pizza can be indulgent.

But I think I'd have vote Other.. for a good fish & chips, or a good Chinese chicken batter balls.

Archived