talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, ToonFan said:

Not posting the picture to their own Instagram feed though (was swiftly deleted after twitter shitstorm)..... xD

Yeah that is a stupid move to be fair xD 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Claims Rafa has been offered his job back to keep us up by Ashley :4_joy:

Would be amazing if true, especially if Ashley realises he needs to put money in Rafa's pocket too rather than Bruce's, or Pardew....or whoever 

This is mental. 

Andy Woodman, goalkeeping coach under Pardew.

"I'd gone out on a Friday night with a friend and his wife at 'As you like it' in Jesmond.

"Then I hear Mike Ashley is in the building!

"Mike, Derek Llambias and their crew made a beeline towards me.

"I thought I was in trouble, but Mike wanted to get the shots in.

"The shots kept coming and Mike just said: "You've done a great job, I'm going to give you an eight-year contract tomorrow."

"It was as if the music had stopped."

"Pards was reading the Times and said: 'Did you have a good night?'

"I said that Mike had come out with something, and he said: 'Yeah it's right, you have to go and sign an eight-year deal after the game."

I was buzzing.

"Pards asked what I was going to do and I wondered what answer does he want here.

"He said: 'You can't sign an eight-year deal, it's longer than mine, Steve Stone and John Carver.

"They'd think: 'What a s*** house!'

"I agreed and said I'd go up and say I couldn't sign it after the game.

"I said to Mike: 'I appreciate the offer but it will cause you a bigger problem with the manager and staff.

"Then he said: 'I'll give you all eight-year contracts then.'

"Pards then pulls me and says: 'You've caused mayhem now he's offered us all eight-year contracts.'

"It went quiet for about six weeks then Pards said he'd agreed his and ours would be getting sent to you.

"You've got us all tied into eight years!"

We expected these contracts to be one-year severance (if dismissed).

"The sports lawyer rang me and said: 'Have you signed this contract yet?'

"I was like no I wasn't sure what do you think.

"He said: 'I'm telling you to get a ****ing pen and sign and get sacked as quick as you can!

"There's a full pay out there.

"He will pay up if it goes wrong, he's invested in you guys and will pay up within days."

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Yah it's under the cosh.

There was a really good one with Lee Clark if you haven't seen it where he talks about the characters in the Newcastle dressing room.

There was one part near the end where he talks about Ravel Morrison leaving Birmingham and his son running in the front room:

"Dad! Dad! On Twitter! Ravel Morrison's pissed in our pond!"

"But Son, we don't have a pond?  You live here?"

9 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Guessing this takeover will never happen now after Biden directly naming Bin Salaman as ordering Khashoggis execution.

Don't think it can have any bearing on the court case. If the court rules MBS has to be a director then it won't go ahead because he won't do it, if they rule he doesn't it may still go ahead. 

That's tough luck. The two bright sparks they have crocked at the same time.

They only just got Saint-Maximin back to starting games, albeit only for 65/70mins and no more, I guess they always feared something could ping at any minute with him.

I like Saint-Maximin and I honestly think he is someone who would absolutely thrive under Bielsa but I got to be honest, the guy seems made of biscuits. He's never survive the training here.

He just seems to pick up a lot of injuries on the face of it. 

Edited by Lucas

42 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That's tough luck. The two bright sparks they have crocked at the same time.

They only just got Saint-Maximin back to starting games, albeit only for 65/70mins and no more, I guess they always feared something could ping at any minute with him.

I like Saint-Maximin and I honestly think he is someone who would absolutely thrive under Bielsa but I got to be honest, the guy seems made of biscuits. He's never survive the training here.

He just seems to pick up a lot of injuries on the face of it. 

He's constantly getting kicked as he dances around everyone. Even if not direct injury cause could it contribute to being more flimsy?

7 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

He's constantly getting kicked as he dances around everyone. Even if not direct injury cause could it contribute to being more flimsy?

Possibly, yeah. I can't imagine that helps at all collecting bumps and bruises when you are already pretty susceptible to injuries. 

I thought I'd look into it and the amount of injuries he has had is pretty high for his age. The common factor is they all seem mostly muscular so perhaps it is something to do with the conditioning.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Possibly, yeah. I can't imagine that helps at all collecting bumps and bruises when you are already pretty susceptible to injuries. 

I thought I'd look into it and the amount of injuries he has had is pretty high for his age. The common factor is they all seem mostly muscular so perhaps it is something to do with the conditioning.

Looks like he didn't have any injuries until he came to "walk it off" Newcastle United.

7 hours ago, Stan said:

I buckled up but didn't expect this...

If we get best off West Brom on Sunday I don't see how his position is tenable. 

Unfortunately Lee Charnley runs this football club and all of the bad decisions he's made and continues to make come with no consequences for him. This is one of Ashley's surprisingly biggest blindspots, that a billionaire allows the club to be ran by a consistently proven failure like Charnley rather than bringing in someone with solid football knowledge and experience.

Any ordinary club would have sacked Steve Bruce two months ago. Though they wouldn't have appointed him in the first place.

We've unnecessarily clung on and it has spiralled. I actually partly blame pundits like Gary Neville for it. Our chief executive is known for hating Newcastle United fans with a passion, he will take what pundits say over us every day of the week. Especially if it is contrary to what the fans are saying.

Bruce already fell out with the Longstaff brothers after his hard criticism of them. They haven't played since.