The better place to talk football.

Saul Niguez - Man United

football forum

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Could be anything. Talk of him launching a partnership with a brand, or launching an e-sports club.

I can't imagine if he was transferring that either Atletico or his new team would let HIM announce it.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Could be anything. Talk of him launching a partnership with a brand, or launching an e-sports club.

I can't imagine if he was transferring that either Atletico or his new team would let HIM announce it.

I remember Hazard doing it before he moved to Chelsea - didn't he tweet or announce 'I'll be moving to the club that wins the Champions League'. Not sure if that's a false memory I have or not xD

I'm pretty sure Saul signed a nine-year contract a couple years ago? So much for loyalty if he is already moving.

Probably is something like e-Sports or something personal? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I remember Hazard doing it before he moved to Chelsea - didn't he tweet or announce 'I'll be moving to the club that wins the Champions League'. Not sure if that's a false memory I have or not xD

I'm pretty sure Saul signed a nine-year contract a couple years ago? So much for loyalty if he is already moving.

Said he'd be joining the European champions after we've already won it. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Stan said:

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Said he'd be joining the European champions after we've already won it. 

I can remember that now! If it does transpire that he's moving to United, it's a bloody good move for United.

40 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I can remember that now! If it does transpire that he's moving to United, it's a bloody good move for United.

A move which makes too much sense. 

Hence why I'm questioning it. 

On 14/12/2019 at 11:47, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.37360caec8c50b109becd189df9355b2.png

Atletico Madrid are prepared to lower their asking price for Spain midfielder Saul Niguez, 25, to £85m, putting Manchester United on alert. (Telegraph)

It seems like a lot of clubs are lowering their valuations of certain players since the COVID-19 crisis. Having said that, I have always rated Saul highly and I think that he would be a hit at Old Trafford. He appears to have all the necessary qualities to enable him to succeed in the Premier League.

• Subscriber

Fantastic. I'm enjoying a select few United fans on Twitter saying they 'called it' or were 'only joking' when they were getting excited about him joining. Top trolling by Saul himself for following those United players on Instagram. Nothing to say he won't move to United in the future however!

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Atletico need to rid of Simeone. They need new ideas. 

I disagree. Purely on the basis they've no-one to replace him, nor can anyone else garuantee his level of stability. They've had a mediocre season thus far but that still doesn't change their 2nd placement the previous season. This is also their first season without one of the best forwards in the world, so the team has lost twenty plus goals.

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Atletico need to rid of Simeone. They need new ideas. 

It's who to replace him with though to be honest as there is nothing about at the moment in terms of managers

Not to mention, they are going through transition after many of their key players declined and left. They need to try and lure in another top striker. They are out there, but it'll cost them.

• The topic was locked

Archived