talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Manager 2 and 01/02

Admittedly this is a very random topic and probably should be in the general gaming area, but seeing as it's the same company that does Football Manager and this part of the forum needs a small revival, I'll post it here. 

Does anyone know of any sites where you can download Championship Manager 2 and 01/02 for free (preferably legally if possible, as both titles are old and may be readily available), won't actually give me virus issues and (for everyone to have a laugh) can run on a Macbook? 

Big ask I know but other than looking on something like Amazon and paying a fair bit, I can't think of anywhere else. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I know from experience CM2 97/98 worked well on Windows XP, however on newer machines you need DosBox which is temperamental. The issue I had with DosBox is that the game was plodding whereas on XP you could load through in seconds. A XP emulator would be useful I suspect. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Been pissing around with this sparingly on and off since Covid. Wolves missed out on automatic promotion and the title by a last minute goal, and then lost the playoff final by a last minute goal xD absolute bottlers.

@Pyfish Jevons fired Grimsby to the Premier League :o

"Jevooooooons. The Liverpool fan who signed from Everton has recorded cup folklore fired Grimsby to the Premier League"

Niche reference there. Jevons scored a belter when we knocked Liverpool out of the cup.

• 9 months later...

Won the league with Everton a few months back on CM 01/02. Have a few of the 'cheat' stars, Moukoko, Samba, Selakovic, West (too many red cards though), Chiotis (was garbage think I have him as ressie keeper now). From memory signed Mark Kerr, had never used him on the game before but he is struggling to hold down regular spot in the start to my new season as Joe Cole is a beast. Up front for my new season I have...Crespo, Kanoute (record Everton scorer in the league), Moukoko, Samba, Anelka (new signing).... pretty boss but defensively need to tighten it up. When I am on my old laptop I'll try a screen grab.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Won the league with Everton a few months back on CM 01/02. Have a few of the 'cheat' stars, Moukoko, Samba, Selakovic, West (too many red cards though), Chiotis (was garbage think I have him as ressie keeper now). From memory signed Mark Kerr, had never used him on the game before but he is struggling to hold down regular spot in the start to my new season as Joe Cole is a beast. Up front for my new season I have...Crespo, Kanoute (record Everton scorer in the league), Moukoko, Samba, Anelka (new signing).... pretty boss but defensively need to tighten it up. When I am on my old laptop I'll try a screen grab.

Get Michalis Konstantinou and To Madeira in there ffs.

Don't need to worry about defence with those in your squad. 

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

Get Michalis Konstantinou and To Madeira in there ffs.

Don't need to worry about defence with those in your squad. 

Madeira is in my reserves. Can’t break in to the squad. Plays league cup games lol

Not heard of the other bloke!!

Ive also got Kovalchiuk  (spelling?) Belarusian defensive/Centre mid. He is wicked. 

On 09/01/2020 at 18:13, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Admittedly this is a very random topic and probably should be in the general gaming area, but seeing as it's the same company that does Football Manager and this part of the forum needs a small revival, I'll post it here. 

Does anyone know of any sites where you can download Championship Manager 2 and 01/02 for free (preferably legally if possible, as both titles are old and may be readily available), won't actually give me virus issues and (for everyone to have a laugh) can run on a Macbook? 

Big ask I know but other than looking on something like Amazon and paying a fair bit, I can't think of anywhere else. 

It's on Ebay and the seller updates transfers. But I think it might be on disc.

• 1 year later...
On 21/01/2021 at 17:28, Toinho said:

Totally forgot about this. Really need to find my old slow, crap laptop and fire this up again.

A fair few years back I played until around 2036. I was Stoke City manager for 20 odd seasons and my trophy cabinet was unreal. I am unsure where this save went and what computer I used.

Archived