talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Khan of TF365 said:

Clearly the terms don't mention the year just September this makes it ambiguous. 

It's correctly implied and inferred it was for  this year.

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Nothing to do with which platform it was posted on, do some research on these guys before making comments

Brah, I don't need to listen to hillbillies on Youtube or some attention seeking TikTokers. I know your reasons for being anti-vaxx, and I'm sorry you had/have to go through this. But I'm still a man of science. And from what I have seen, heard and read so far, I feel pretty good being vaccinated. Even if I catch Covid now, there's a good chance I don't end up in a Hospital because of it, and leave a bed free for people who might really need it. 

• Subscriber

"Exposing the truth"... Why so much sensationalism? Israeli scientists have openly published their study results demonstrating that having COVID once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine, it's not exactly a secret.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Brah, I don't need to listen to hillbillies on Youtube or some attention seeking TikTokers. I know your reasons for being anti-vaxx, and I'm sorry you had/have to go through this. But I'm still a man of science. And from what I have seen, heard and read so far, I feel pretty good being vaccinated. Even if I catch Covid now, there's a good chance I don't end up in a Hospital because of it, and leave a bed free for people who might really need it. 

You are free to believe what you like fella B|

• Upvote 1

Just now, nudge said:

"Exposing the truth"... Why so much sensationalism? Israeli scientists have openly published their study results demonstrating that having COVID once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine, it's not exactly a secret.

I think the point they was exposing is how they are pushing the vaccine on to people who have already had it and has a better immunity than the vaccines purely for profit

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I think the point they was exposing is how they are pushing the vaccine on to people who have already had it and has a better immunity than the vaccines purely for profit

I think it's primarily a US issue, as if I'm not mistaken, there it's only the vaccination status that matters. Whereas in Europe, recovery from Covid is considered equal to vaccination in terms of having immunity and thus being exempt from testing/quarantine/other restrictive measures. Every country I've been to this year accepted proof of recovery instead of vaccination; it's also a part of EU digital Covid certificate.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think it's primarily a US issue, as if I'm not mistaken, there it's only the vaccination status that matters. Whereas in Europe, recovery from Covid is considered equal to vaccination in terms of having immunity and thus being exempt from testing/quarantine/other restrictive measures. Every country I've been to this year accepted proof of recovery instead of vaccination; it's also a part of EU digital Covid certificate.

I agree ..it does show the corruption with these pharmaceutical company's though, pedaling pill's and vaccines for profit  ..when i got covid i fasted, recovered fully in 3 days, only had mild symptoms though, the NHS keep sending me letters to get vaccinated as i cant prove i had it, did a home testing kit

• Subscriber

Big pharma companies have always been massive cunts, to be honest. I have absolutely nothing against them making profit in general, but there's a line to be drawn somewhere... Best recent example - Merck has developed a new promising Covid treatment in form of a pill, and now are selling it at 40 times what it cost to make - that's just fucking mental, especially considering that they received significant funding from the US government for research and development. Greed has no limits.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, nudge said:

Big pharma companies have always been massive cunts, to be honest. I have absolutely nothing against them making profit in general, but there's a line to be drawn somewhere... Best recent example - Merck has developed a new promising Covid treatment in form of a pill, and now are selling it at 40 times what it cost to make - that's just fucking mental, especially considering that they received significant funding from the US government for research and development. Greed has no limits.

If you dont trust them why do have a vaccine? Is there enough independent reviews that mean you trust the scientists?

@Happy Blue you have your own personally reasons for not taking the vaccine which are understandable. However I would suggest you keep it to yourself as you haven't presented any reasons to convince people that you are right and all of the worlds leading experts are wrong. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If you dont trust them why do have a vaccine? Is there enough independent reviews that mean you trust the scientists?

I'm talking about pharma corporations in general being greedy and looking to maximise their profits in an industry which can easily become exploitative as it focuses on the health and lives of people. Pretty much all of those corporations have history of extreme price gouging, patent litigation, corruption, fraud, even manipulating scientific publications, falsifying safety data, etc. All that doesn't mean that any vaccine or drug manufactured and sold by a pharma corporation is automatically something bad, dangerous, or unsafe though. In other words, I can be skeptical of the modus operandi of pharmaceutical companies, and still accept and use their products, based on evidence. One doesn't have to exclude the other.

Also, I don't "trust the scientists" blindly and don't think anyone should - science can be misinterpreted, scientists can be wrong, data could be flawed, missing or be unaccounted for, it can be influenced by political climate, funding and bias. I do trust the scientific method though, which, when followed correctly, continuously evaluates all newly acquired information without bias, and proper, objective scientific process which accepts that there's always a degree of uncertainty and that new evidence may challenge existing and well-known theories. So in short, I build my opinions and make my decisions based on scientific evidence available to me, and adjust them if needed whenever new evidence becomes available. That's why transparency and balanced reporting is so important.

What became very noticeable in recent years is that many people fail to understand that science is a process, not a singular discovery or the source of truth set in stone. Scientific knowledge is never final or absolute, it is constantly changing. Somewhat ironically, there has been a rise of something recently that could be called scientism, which fanatically spins "science" into a dogmatic final law that has to be accepted without questioning, which, in its essence, is the complete opposite of science and more like religion. Ironic, really. But anyway,  I'm rambling here a bit.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm talking about pharma corporations in general being greedy and looking to maximise their profits in an industry which can easily become exploitative as it focuses on the health and lives of people. Pretty much all of those corporations have history of extreme price gouging, patent litigation, corruption, fraud, even manipulating scientific publications, falsifying safety data, etc. All that doesn't mean that any vaccine or drug manufactured and sold by a pharma corporation is automatically something bad, dangerous, or unsafe though. In other words, I can be skeptical of the modus operandi of pharmaceutical companies, and still accept and use their products, based on evidence. One doesn't have to exclude the other.

Also, I don't "trust the scientists" blindly and don't think anyone should - science can be misinterpreted, scientists can be wrong, data could be flawed, missing or be unaccounted for, it can be influenced by political climate, funding and bias. I do trust the scientific method though, which, when followed correctly, continuously evaluates all newly acquired information without bias, and proper, objective scientific process which accepts that there's always a degree of uncertainty and that new evidence may challenge existing and well-known theories. So in short, I build my opinions and make my decisions based on scientific evidence available to me, and adjust them if needed whenever new evidence becomes available. That's why transparency and balanced reporting is so important.

What became very noticeable in recent years is that many people fail to understand that science is a process, not a singular discovery or the source of truth set in stone. Scientific knowledge is never final or absolute, it is constantly changing. Somewhat ironically, there has been a rise of something recently that could be called scientism, which fanatically spins "science" into a dogmatic final law that has to be accepted without questioning, which, in its essence, is the complete opposite of science and more like religion. Ironic, really. But anyway,  I'm rambling here a bit.

I don't think any scientist would say just because scientists agree in something it is fact. However I think it makes sense when  you have little knowledge of science to trust the experts. Whatever research I do into something  it will never be as much as what scientists have done. It makes sense to believe they know more than me. To be honest even if you very good scientific knowledge it still makes sense to trust that the experts know more. So in general I go with the scientific consensus. If that consensus changes I go with that. 

However it does also depend how many scientists would have to be dishonest for something to be wrong. If it would take hundreds or thousands of scientists to be lying for something to be faked I'm not particularly inclined to believe it. The reason is that it seems quite unlikely to be true. Or at least less unlikely than what they are saying.  I dont know how many experts would have to be being dishonest for the vaccines to not be safe perhaps you do? 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Happy Blue you have your own personally reasons for not taking the vaccine which are understandable. However I would suggest you keep it to yourself as you haven't presented any reasons to convince people that you are right and all of the worlds leading experts are wrong. 

Under 30's are more likely to die from the vaccine than covid, any comments? 🤔

IMG-20210928-WA0000.jpg

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Under 30's are more likely to die from the vaccine than covid, any comments? 🤔

IMG-20210928-WA0000.jpg

I'm looking into it now and it has been misinterpreted. I'll get back to you

Edited by Guest