talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

[VOTE] Team of the 21st Century - LB - Quarter Finals

football forum

Who makes the semis?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Marcelo or Giovanni van Bronckhorst?

• Marcelo
    • Giovanni van Bronckhorst
  2. 2. Paulo Maldini or Roberto Carlos?

• Paulo Maldini
    • Roberto Carlos
  3. 3. Ashley Cole or Philipp Lahm?

4. 4. Patrice Evra or Filipe Luis?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrator
Just now, True Blue said:

We both have blue tinted glasses, and know shit about football just like you

Yep. Having seen the player in question in his ultimate prime he really was nothing. 

I don't get why people change the parameters. Are we talking about better LB or better player? For me, it's the former. That's how I see the question anyway. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

Yep. Having seen the player in question in his ultimate prime he really was nothing. 

I don't get why people change the parameters. Are we talking about better LB or better player? For me, it's the former. That's how I see the question anyway. 

Fully grown men get triggered for Lahm not getting fucking votes on a football forum. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Philip Lahm was a way better left back. 

Just now, Tommy said:

Did Bosnia even have TV's back in the day? 

Andddd Tommy is back shitting on everyone because his opinion is not the most valued. How can you be a moderator on a forum and insult people when you don't get it you way? We just got electricity a few years back, and a TV just last year. My family and me just got enough to make a home from mudd, but now with electricity and a TV we are royalty in poor old Bosnia. Probably if i did have a TV before i would know that Lahm is far the better player, and would please you your highness. Sad part is that other Admins just let you act like you do, because this is not the first time. Your "position" on this forum means shit to me, and your poor attempts of insulting me are laughable.

27 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Andddd Tommy is back shitting on everyone because his opinion is not the most valued. How can you be a moderator on a forum and insult people when you don't get it you way? We just got electricity a few years back, and a TV just last year. My family and me just got enough to make a home from mudd, but now with electricity and a TV we are royalty in poor old Bosnia. Probably if i did have a TV before i would know that Lahm is far the better player, and would please you your highness. Sad part is that other Admins just let you act like you do, because this is not the first time. Your "position" on this forum means shit to me, and your poor attempts of insulting me are laughable.

Holy shit, someone's triggered. xD

I did visit Bosnia last year, and I loved it. So yea, it was just a joke, but oooof, dude. 

16 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Yep plastic as they get mate, don't let it ruin your life now. Happy to see you being a local supporter too.

I never said you were plastic? I was reaffirming that you supporting Chelsea may have something to do with you voting for him to stan.

Are you alright?

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I never said you were plastic? I was reaffirming that you supporting Chelsea may have something to do with you voting for him to stan.

Are you alright?

Fair to say i did misread it, and i apologize to you. I am at work, so didn't get a proper read.

• Subscriber

Now this is the high drama you asked for.

I've never liked Ashley Cole as a person but there's something particularly ironic about literally every German league fan saying that all the English league fans are only voting for Cole because of their English/Premier League bias without providing evidence that they're going off anything other than their own German/Bundesliga bias, unless that phenomena only applies to English people (I mean, maybe it does, we do have Brexit not Germexit after all).

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've never liked Ashley Cole as a person but there's something particularly ironic about literally every German league fan saying that all the English league fans are only voting for Cole because of their English/Premier League bias without providing evidence that they're going off anything other than their own German/Bundesliga bias, unless that phenomena only applies to English people (I mean, maybe it does, we do have Brexit not Germexit after all).

I don't like Bayern, and was never a big fan of Lahm as a person (until later on), but I respect him a lot as a player, and he's surely iconic. Ashley Cole was great too, but IMO not on a level with Lahm, when latter performed at his peak. 

Either way, it is what it is. I didn't mean to trigger or cause high blood pressure for anyone. It's just a silly vote. Some people need a thicker skin. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I have germexit right now to be honest. 

To be fair Lahm and Cole are the two of the best full-backs I've ever seen, always been a massive fan of Lahm. Both out of this world consistent in their respective primes. For me Lahm should've been in the RB category, so that's why Cole got the edge for me.

I think some certain people are truly underestimating Cole as well, don't think it has anything to do with bias. He was easily one of the best full-backs of his time, absolute phenom defensively. 

• Subscriber

On top of all of the drama, we need a deciding vote between Evra and Filipe Luis before we can move on, otherwise Patrice Evra will have to go through based on the fact that 8 Premier League fans have voted for him and only 6 Premier League fans have voted for his opponent.

9 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Lahm wasnt on the RB list for whatever the reason.. If we're voting on who's the better back... And that's the only way I can interpret this then it's not even close. Ashley Cole had a few years where he could shine Lahms boots but that's it. If we're comparing them as LB's then the whole vote is fucking useless. Might as well put Lahm in the defensive midfielders.

Which is exactly my point. 

Ashley Cole in his prime was an ‘invincible’, multiple premier league and European winner, and the best LB of the Premier league era. 

We are not voting on the better footballer, it’s who is the better left back. Shoe horning Lahm into LB because he’s played there a few times over Ashley Cole is nonsense. 

Blame Rando for not including Lahm at RB for what ever reason xD

• Subscriber

There was a thread about 7 pages long for everyone to have their say on who to nominate.

Just wait until you get into midfield and I've had to try and separate centre mids into number 6, number 8 and number 10 type players.

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I've never liked Ashley Cole as a person but there's something particularly ironic about literally every German league fan saying that all the English league fans are only voting for Cole because of their English/Premier League bias without providing evidence that they're going off anything other than their own German/Bundesliga bias.

This. Absofuckinglutely this.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The bigger issue is still why the fuck is Lahm in the LB section still!?!?!???!??!!!!?! This triggers me almost as much as losing to Ashley fucking Cole.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The bigger issue is still why the fuck is Lahm in the LB section still!?!?!???!??!!!!?! This triggers me almost as much as losing to Ashley fucking Cole.

Well it's not gonna change is it? Move on!

Archived