talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus and Football

football forums

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52583739

6 Fiorentina players & staff and 1 Torino player test positive for Coronavirus

Three Fiorentina players and three members of the club's support staff have tested positive for coronavirus.

Serie A clubs have been given permission by the Italian government to resume training, although players can only train individually.

The players and staff have been isolated and the rest of the group will have medical and fitness tests.

A Torino player also tested positive for the virus on Wednesday and was placed in quarantine.

Neither club has named the players who have tested positive.

Italy has begun to ease its restrictions after an eight-week lockdown.

Serie A clubs have returned to training but there has been no decision on when the league will resume.

In a statement, Fiorentina said: "The club has proceeded, as per protocol, to isolate those involved.

"The rest of the group are scheduled to undergo medical and fitness examinations prior to the start of the optional activity in the field."

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Stan said:

IFAB confirm that 5 subs can be used in games up to 31 Dec. 

Given the BBC article about changes around subs and possibility for no VAR, are we just not going to say that these law changes are potentially distorting the final 8 games of the season and as such the table isn’t completely fair? 

Think I’ve broken now gents. I’ve spent the last half hour thinking of ways in which I can watch football, if it returns behind closed doors. 

So far, I’ve worked out that if I buy a step ladder or climb a fence/wall, I can watch football here:

Harlow+15.JPG

Harlow Town. A step ladder would easily let you see over the approx. 6” green walls around the ground. 

773082_36e2c095.jpg

Takeley. There’s a small bridge thing outside of their ground that when you drive over, you can see into the ground, which is roughly where the above picture was taken. 

I’m going to resume this search tomorrow, I think. 

Im calling this a pathetic stunt to try and get the season abandoned. It really wouldnt surprise me if one of the bottom six tried this stunt.

I reckon I know of over 100 people who now work in different areas of the public sector through my previous work. None of them have had close to an entire work force depleted because of self isolation.

19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Im calling this a pathetic stunt to try and get the season abandoned. It really wouldnt surprise me if one of the bottom six tried this stunt.

I reckon I know of over 100 people who now work in different areas of the public sector through my previous work. None of them have had close to an entire work force depleted because of self isolation.

It wasn’t the clubs decision to go into quarantine. 

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Think I’ve broken now gents. I’ve spent the last half hour thinking of ways in which I can watch football, if it returns behind closed doors. 

So far, I’ve worked out that if I buy a step ladder or climb a fence/wall, I can watch football here:

Harlow+15.JPG

Harlow Town. A step ladder would easily let you see over the approx. 6” green walls around the ground. 

773082_36e2c095.jpg

Takeley. There’s a small bridge thing outside of their ground that when you drive over, you can see into the ground, which is roughly where the above picture was taken. 

I’m going to resume this search tomorrow, I think. 

Yea, I could imagine you oversleeping and waking 20 minutes before kick off... 

Season 6 GIF by ABC Network

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

It wasn’t the clubs decision to go into quarantine. 

Reading more on it, they've placed the entire team in quarantine because two players have tested positive? If that's the freshold how on earth is anybody going to finish the season?

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Reading more on it, they've placed the entire team in quarantine because two players have tested positive? If that's the freshold how on earth is anybody going to finish the season?

No idea but it wasn’t the clubs decision, despite their league position. The Health Authority in Dresden, whomever they are, have placed them in quarantine. 

The preservation of life and control of cases is far, far more important than football though. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

No elite sport, even behind closed doors, in England until 1st June at the earliest. 

Not really news tbh. 

Good to have a date though, avoids speculation or even any consideration that it could have returned between now and that date. 

• Administrator

And another one...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52634941

England Under-21 midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White is facing disciplinary action by Wolverhampton Wanderers after pictures emerged of him apparently breaking coronavirus lockdown rules.

Footage was posted on Snapchat of Gibbs-White, 20, attending a party in central London with friends last week.

Wolves say they are dealing with the matter internally.

In March, Gibbs-White urged his 59,000 Instagram followers to stay at home and to "do our bit to support the NHS".

Just end the season and use PPG to determine the rest of the spaces. The safety concerns are too great and it appears there's too much of a difference of opinion to push for a restart anytime soon. It's a bit shit as it means West Ham avoid relegation and I most certainly think West Ham deserve to go down, but I don't see how you can balance safety and fairness any better tbh.

I’d just end things as it is. I can’t see how you can bring in PPG to the equation, it’s not a fair enough metric in my eyes to determine such things. Whereas, what’s gone before has been done and is tangible. 

Yeah, Villa go down having played a game less but losing 60.71% of your league games will do that to a team. 

On 14/05/2020 at 19:34, Smiley Culture said:

I’d just end things as it is. I can’t see how you can bring in PPG to the equation, it’s not a fair enough metric in my eyes to determine such things. Whereas, what’s gone before has been done and is tangible. 

Yeah, Villa go down having played a game less but losing 60.71% of your league games will do that to a team. 

You can’t relegate Villa when they can survive by winning the game in hand they have. 

Archived