talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

Obviously very sad for those people, unfortunately a lot of businesses will be looking at expendable employees over the next few months and its going to be very tough. Always leaves a bitter taste when it comes to football understandbly, it would be even worse if we are in the minority of clubs in this sort of decision making. Not very good to hear we are letting go a lot of our scouting department also. Arteta did mention to expect more staff coming in so we will have to see what happens. 

23 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Unfortunate for them but my position on any organisation sacking employees is that they can and it's normal...

Its normal for an employer worth 7.5 billion to make 55 people unemployed because of a virus? ... not normal one bit mate.

Edited by LFCMadLad

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Its normal for an employer worth 7.5 billion to make 55 people unemployed because of a virus? ... not normal one bit mate.

I don't view employers as needing to have a sentimental attachment to employees. It's great if they do but I don't expect it and I'm not surprised when it's not there.

Just now, 6666 said:

I don't view employers as needing to have a sentimental attachment to employees. It's great if they do but I don't expect it and I'm not surprised when it's not there.

Its shit. If its a struggling company then fair enough but fuck me....

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Football clubs are a sentimental entity in a sentimental business. No empathy for Arsenal, only for their employees they've toss aside in mass redundancy to save pocketchange.

Its shit. If its a struggling company then fair enough but fuck me....

100% agreed, Arsenal aren't a floundering club in non-league football. A rich club, in the richest league in the world. I'm 100% on the worker's side when it comes to these issues, any sort of international money behemoth can pogue mahone. Wonder how many employees were on small money that will struggle financially; that chief scout is sorted but not much on the other 54.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Arsenal must be absolutely potless. 

Or the owners are absolute dickheads?

The latter.

I don't get how they can be potless even with players like Ozil rinsing them dry each week. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Arsenal must be absolutely potless. 

Or the owners are absolute dickheads?

Most football owners are dickheads. Arsenal aren't the first club to come out of this period looking bad

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Most football owners are dickheads. Arsenal aren't the first club to come out of this period looking bad

Never said they were but seeing as this has been highlighted by the media about Arsenal and this is the Arsenal thread and this is a discussion forum......?

Also not sure many billionaire clubs have given players pay cuts with assurances that no staff will be sacked and then sacked 55 staff?

Could be wrong though?

Edited by LFCMadLad

25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Never said they were but seeing as this has been highlighted by the media about Arsenal and this is the Arsenal thread and this is a discussion forum......?

Also not sure many billionaire clubs have given players pay cuts with assurances that no staff will be sacked and then sacked 55 staff?

Could be wrong though?

Was simply pointing out that billionaires who own football clubs are dickheads in response to your question. 

I bet someone like David Dein is looking on in horror at things like this now. 

He was Mr Arsenal and ran the club in it's most successful period. He'd never have allowed this to happen, let alone the bad publicity it is generating.

Unfortunately, the people at the top don't give a fuck about the people at the bottom. They are just a number.

And that is where there is a disconnect behind the scenes which evidently the players are kicking off about now.

They probably know some of those hard working people losing their jobs as they see them on a daily basis.

Makes you wonder how you can justify offering x amount of money to one player and naff all to Doris the cleaner.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

It was bad enough that rich premier league clubs were using the furlough scheme (I was disgusted by Liverpool doing it after a record turnover) but this is another level. Players taking pay cuts with the assurances that no jobs would be put at risk. The club have proper acted snakey, with no intentions of following through on that ‘promise’. Arsenal really are very easy to dislike at the moment. 

Edited by Rick

6 hours ago, Rick said:

It was bad enough that rich premier league clubs were using the furlough scheme (I was disgusted by Liverpool doing it after a record turnover) but this is another level. Players taking pay cuts with the assurances that no jobs would be put at risk. The club have proper acted snakey, with no intentions of following through on that ‘promise’. Arsenal really are very easy to dislike at the moment. 

Liverpool didnt furlough anyone, just looked into it. They might have gone ahead with it though if not for the fans going berserk on social media tbf xD

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Liverpool didnt furlough anyone, just looked into it. They might have gone ahead with it though if not for the fans going berserk on social media tbf xD

They announced they were doing it. Then did a u-turn when they received the backlash. 

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

No it’s not. You said they were “looking into it” that’s different to “we are doing this”. 

But they didn't do it? Oh I'm not getting into another ding dang with you, I really can't be arsed over something so unimportant ffs xD

But they didn't do it? Oh I'm not getting into another ding dang with you, I really can't be arsed over something so unimportant ffs xD

Well it’s you again, backtracking. It’s not important at all, but you made a point of quoting me to “correct” me when I was already speaking the facts.