talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

with £35m being the fee reported, I think you've been ripped off there. 

The fee is reported to be £35m but there's no way we're paying that for a player in the final year of his contract. The rumours filtering through are that the fee will be around the £20m mark

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Oxlade-Chamberlain would be a terrible buy for Liverpool, just another distinctly average player.

I wouldn't call him average but he's not a nailed on starter either I'd say. His versatility is appealing and if the price is right I'd say it's a decent pick up as he'd improve our strength in depth which we have struggled with all season. 

On 4/13/2017 at 9:35 AM, True Blue said:

xD

That forum is cancer, full of mongoloids. No wonder we are hated as a club because of cunts like those. Are the threads as exciting as before? Sign Ronaldo, Messi, Neuer, Bale, Allah, Jesus Christ, Dybala etc? Are they still in their football manager worlds?

Why do you think I post here? Not only do you fellas know how to take a joke but your far more 'relaxed'.

Barcelona's director for sport Robert Fernández was asked yesterday if the rumours surrounding Gerard Deulofeu going to Barça were true and he amazingly said yes which is ridiculous from a man in his position even if it's true.  So it looks like it's an almost done deal...  I hope Deulofeu knows what he's letting himself in for and in my personal opinion he's mad going back just now when the expectations everyone always had of him are now suddenly coming to fruition.  He should've let it lie another two years.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Barcelona's director for sport Robert Fernández was asked yesterday if the rumours surrounding Gerard Deulofeu going to Barça were true and he amazingly said yes which is ridiculous from a man in his position even if it's true.  So it looks like it's an almost done deal...  I hope Deulofeu knows what he's letting himself in for and in my personal opinion he's mad going back just now when the expectations everyone always had of him are now suddenly coming to fruition.  He should've let it lie another two years.

This is the last window Barcelona have to buy him at the price agreed in his EFC contract. 

Yeah Oxlade-Chamberlain rumours to Liverpool seem to be really picking up now. As long as the price is right, I'd more than happily let him go, we need a clear out of sorts this summer.

Also Sead Kolasinac to us on a free is also doing the rounds. Never seen him play but heard good things, I do worry though as he has suffered two pretty serious knee injuries already in his career. I kind of hope this is just journo talk, all this business is making me worry Wenger is staying. 

• Subscriber

Can't see where AOC fits at Liverpool.

If you spent £35mil on him and didn't put some real investment in that defence then I'd be very annoyed if I was a Liverpool fan.

For me I definitely see the Ox fitting in at Liverpool. He is a runner and recovers his position which means another midfielder doesn't have to look after him. He has matured in the past 4 months more than in the past five years put together. The responsibility given to him lately has seen a different side to him which has proved he can play in the midfield. By far the best performing midfielder we've had for a while now.

I can see him excelling under Klopp. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

For me I definitely see the Ox fitting in at Liverpool. He is a runner and recovers his position which means another midfielder doesn't have to look after him. He has matured in the past 4 months more than in the past five years put together. The responsibility given to him lately has seen a different side to him which has proved he can play in the midfield. By far the best performing midfielder we've had for a while now.

I can see him excelling under Klopp. 

Really he has had about 2 or 3 good games including one against Southampton B. I think he is just doing all the right things to play himself into a mega deal, like waiting for everyone to fuck off so he can clap the fans to make out he is the only one to do it. He has clear ability but he is so very replaceable.

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's signing, apparently it's done but it's nowhere near the £35m quoted. 

£15m is nearer the mark and I think that's about right. 

In my opinion you've got a fine player that will fit into your system perfectly and seeing as he had one year left on his contract it's the best deal for both parties.  We now need to sell another 6 or 7 players.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's signing, apparently it's done but it's nowhere near the £35m quoted. 

£15m is nearer the mark and I think that's about right. 

Can understand it more at £15mil. For £35mil I'd want a significant upgrade rather than a squad filler.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

In my opinion you've got a fine player that will fit into your system perfectly and seeing as he had one year left on his contract it's the best deal for both parties.  We now need to sell another 6 or 7 players.

Surprised you've let him go to be honest. 23 years old English lad and being let to get into the last year of his contract. 

Thats pretty shoddy work on Arsenals part. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd say £15m is a bargain in the greater scheme of things! 

For someone who I'd say has probably lost his way a bit at Arsenal and needs a fresh start, if he shows anything like the promise he once did then you'll be talking far more than that in a year's time.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Is it actually what you need though? Surely you should be looking at improving a defence that has been awful for years rather than signing another winger/pacey player. 

Unless this does mean that Coutinho is off?

I'm pretty sure Ox won't be the only signing we make this window mate! 

• Subscriber

Us, Newcastle and Brighton have today been linked to Ryan Shawcross.

Not sold to be honest. Think his best is behind him. Saying that we do seem to like that kind of defender.

Archived