talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you look at some of the prices being banded about for CB's already this summer then £25m-£30m for Sakho doesn't look out of place, especially as he's better than most of them. Magiure, Gibson, the ex United CB (forgot his name?), are all inferior to Sakho and all have big transfer fee's over their head. 

We'll get around what we want for Sakho, I'll put money on it!

1 hour ago, Cure said:

Absolute rip-off. I'd hands-down sack whichever manager wants to stump up such an absurd amount for him. Had Crystal Palace looked a lot stronger through Sakho alone I'd have understood a fair sum but £30m for one player? Couldn't see many putting that much into him and if they did they'd be the stupidest team in the league.

Palace looked much stronger when Sakho joined on loan, almost immediately in fact. Their results improved dramatically and they stopped conceding goals. He even got nominated for their POTY by their fans despite only being there a few months. Ask the Palace fan. 

10 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The difference is Liverpool want to sell and the other teams don't........

Whether we want to sell or not isn't relevant. He's under contract and that's the price we want. Whoever does sign Sakho (and I think it will be Palace) are getting a very good CB. I think a deal will be done for around £25m

Anyway in other news, Chelsea and City to battle it out for Kyle Walker who apparently wants out of Spurs. 

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Palace looked much stronger when Sakho joined on loan, almost immediately in fact. Their results improved dramatically and they stopped conceding goals. Ask the Palace fan. 

That's fair but thirty million for him seems a bit excessive. I'd understand a bit more I f there was another player involved in the deal, for example Sturridge or Lucas if he's not being released, but for Sakhalin alone I'd look around the 16-20 million threshold.

1 minute ago, Cure said:

That's fair but thirty million for him seems a bit excessive. I'd understand if there was another player involved in the deal, for example Sturridge or Lucas (if he's not being released).

Maybe it is excessive considering the circumstances at Liverpool but the way I look at it is that if a player improves your team, and Sakho significantly improves Palace, then he's worth what you pay and £25m for them would be a sound investment. As I said above, he was only there a few months and the fans nominated him for player of the year. That's how good he's been. 

33 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Palace looked much stronger when Sakho joined on loan, almost immediately in fact. Their results improved dramatically and they stopped conceding goals. He even got nominated for their POTY by their fans despite only being there a few months. Ask the Palace fan. 

He's not wrong.

In today's market he is worth the fee but as Liverpool don't want him to stay and we need quite a bit of new blood (again) I expect us to negotiate the fee.

45 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Whether we want to sell or not isn't relevant. He's under contract and that's the price we want. Whoever does sign Sakho (and I think it will be Palace) are getting a very good CB. I think a deal will be done for around £25m

Anyway in other news, Chelsea and City to battle it out for Kyle Walker who apparently wants out of Spurs. 

Strange how Barcelona are not interested. Walker would be the ideal signing at RB for them. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Strange how Barcelona are not interested. Walker would be the ideal signing at RB for them. 

Because Barça are putting all their eggs in one basket where that position is concerned and they want Héctor Bellerín. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Because Barça are putting all their eggs in one basket where that position is concerned and they want Héctor Bellerín. 

The logic in that is bizzare but not surprising considering Barca and their policy in selling rejects then buying them back when they get better. Barca DNA and all that bollocks. 

Bellerin isn't available whereas Walker potentially is, not to mention Walker is the best RB in the league. 

Just now, Cicero said:

The logic in that is bizzare but not surprising considering Barca and their policy in selling rejects then buying them back when they get better. Barca DNA and all that bollocks. 

Bellerin isn't available whereas Walker potentially is, not to mention Walker is the best RB in the league. 

Indeed I agree. But remember one thing, they don't sell La Masia players at the age that for example Bellerín went or others like Toral or Fàbregas. They're coaxed or poached away against the club's wishes. They didn't reject Bellerín!

Barcelona are stupid in putting all their eggs in one basket though, unless they know something nobody else does where the Arsenal right-back is concerned.

Anyhow... The fact they let Dani Alves go for free just shows how ridiculous this board have been where most (not all) of the departed and recruits have been in question.

If they offer Bellerín first team football at Barça, then he should seriously think about his future at Arsenal in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Whether we want to sell or not isn't relevant.

It's hugely relevant. Clubs that don't need to sell command far higher prices. It's supply and demand, basic economics. If a club knows you want rid, why would they offer top money? 

42 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It's hugely relevant. Clubs that don't need to sell command far higher prices. It's supply and demand, basic economics. If a club knows you want rid, why would they offer top money? 

I'll bet you £100 we sell him for no less than £20m, probably closer to £25m. 

Clubs want to move players on all the time. Doesn't mean they charge lower fee's. Example is Mata at Chelsea! Mourinho wasn't playing him at all and didn't really fancy him, everyone knew that. That didn't stop United paying top doller and it didn't force Chelsea to accept a penny less than he was worth.

In today's market Sakho is worth a lot of money and would benefit most teams in the Prem.  Why would we sell him for less than he's worth?

If anything, everyone knowing he can leave Liverpool might trigger a bidding war considering how he performed at Palace on loan. I'm sure after that there will be plenty of interest. 

• Subscriber

Bale has been injured so often can't read that much into team selection etc.

However he's certainly turned into an absolute prima donna. May not be a big thing, but didn't put anything on social media etc about the last game at the Lane, like pretty much every other Tottenham player of the past and present. He never mentions us unless he is asked specifically in a question. I loved Gareth and still do for what he did when he was here, but with Ancelotti's stories etc. and his behaviour he's certainly souring his reputation.

PS. No chance Walker goes to Chelsea, we won't ever deal with them. May go to City though 

I think the issue with price tags for mediocrity like Sakho tells us a lot about where things are going wrong in the Premier League and the quality of the football to be honest.  In the Premier League various clubs can afford that price for an experiment that doesn't really raise their quality to any particular substantial level on the grand scheme of things where in Europe there's a couple of hands full of clubs that afford that price comfortably but they wouldn't see Sakho  as a player good enough for them...  See where I'm gong?

More money doesn't raise your game.  More money more times than not makes you spend frivolously in almost every walk of life and not just this particular subject which is the transfer market within football.

Currently there is a premium for Center backs.

While Sakho has had a fairly successful time at Palace, it must be remembered why he ended up there on loan.

To gain the 30M it would need to be a top 6 or 7 club in England.

This I find unlikely as he isnt good enough, but as I stated, there is a premium on his position & if a club miss out on their preferred options, Liverpool could get lucky.

A more realistic price would be 20+ and I presume those clubs will be expecting to pay him less, something I am sure he would be unwilling to agree too.

In my humble opinion Liverpool may find him a problem to get him off their books quickly for the high end price as I dont remember many clubs knocking their door down before he went out on loan for the money they are currently expecting.

Looking at the blokes who have played for Liverpool this season in his position must bring into question Sakho the person. Is he that bad a person to get rid, even when he is at least on a par with all other Liverpool players in his position. I saw Steven Gerrard sing his praises on BT raising this exact point during his loan at Palace.

Does a middle table club want to spend 20-30M on a bloke who can fall out with, what Liverpool fans will tell you, a top bloke in Klopp?

We will see :ay:

6 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Easily? At that price he's effectively out priced himself from joining anybody other than a Premier League club. If Palace and other clubs from this league don't want to pay thirty million for him you're not going to 'easily' get thirty million.

There are a few clubs outside the Premier League who could go in for him, but okay, I'll basically accept your premise. It doesn't matter. Sakho would walk into most Premier League sides and, despite the apparent indignation from some on here, £30m isn't all that much for a good CB these days and most Premier League clubs could afford it. If more than one club go in for him, one of them will pay it.

As for the notion that we'll sell him on the cheap because we want to get rid of him... nah. Klopp's stubborn as shit and, if he won't reinforce an obvious weak point in our squad because he can't find the perfect player, he won't accept a pittance just because he wants rid.

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not really certain how it's indignation that people's valuation of Sakho is laughable compared to others. Probably time to get the dictionary out.........

You don't think he's worth £30m? Bailly, Mustafi and David Luiz all went for £30m+ last year and John Stones was £50m. That's the going rate for that level of defender. People are talking about £60m for Van Dijk and Sakho's not worth 30? Behave

47 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

There are a few clubs outside the Premier League who could go in for him, but okay, I'll basically accept your premise. It doesn't matter. Sakho would walk into most Premier League sides and, despite the apparent indignation from some on here, £30m isn't all that much for a good CB these days and most Premier League clubs could afford it. If more than one club go in for him, one of them will pay it.

As for the notion that we'll sell him on the cheap because we want to get rid of him... nah. Klopp's stubborn as shit and, if he won't reinforce an obvious weak point in our squad because he can't find the perfect player, he won't accept a pittance just because he wants rid.

Where have people said you'd sell him for cheap? That idea went when he showed at Palace he's still good enough to start for Liverpool.

I'd like to know who these clubs are abroad you'd think would pay thirty million for Sakho. I think he's worth that for a Premiership club but we're effectively in our own bizarre market now.

26 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Where have people said you'd sell him for cheap? That idea went when he showed at Palace he's still good enough to start for Liverpool.

I'd like to know who these clubs are abroad you'd think would pay thirty million for Sakho. I think he's worth that for a Premiership club but we're effectively in our own bizarre market now.

Read Deadlinesman's posts. When I say on the cheap, I'm not talking about 5 or 10 million; anything less than £20-25m is cheap for Sakho.

Well PSG is who I had in mind if they sell Marquinhos, but there are clubs all over Europe who can afford £30m. Most of the very top clubs probably don't need him but you've still got Monaco, Inter, Dortmund...

Archived