talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

46 minutes ago, Large said:

Which I now see after going back over the discussion. Partly @LFCMadLad's fault for slipping in his little post about youth football. :$ [Think I palmed of the blame well enough there. Time to get my coat :eek:]

No worries ~ What you said was fully correct, just not for our conversation ~ it happens :ay:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading this morning that we have had a deal agreed with Southampton for VVD for ages and that personal terms have been agreed .... only for us at the last minute trying to restructure the wage originally offered which has pissed off VVD's reps, who have now involved City. Typical of us really!

Also heard that we have had a bid of £28m  rejected by Roma for Mohammad Salah but a deal is expected to be agreed shortly with Roma valuing him at £35m. 

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

As far as I know they want €130m and have refused to talk to anyone under that sum.

Good god.

Fair play if Arsenal pay that, maybe now is the time Wenger will start going all out for it. There's no doubt his career is coming to an end over the next few years and I'm sure he's going to want to go out with a bang.

4 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Looks like we might have won the race to loan Tap-in Abraham from Chelsea 

Good move, especially if he is playing regularly. 

Want to see Baker in the PL as well. End this Vitisse rubbish. 

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Is it season ticket renewal week? Classic Levy trick this one

It's a bullshit trick!  Nobody at Arsenal with a brain cell that's working falls for that anymore.  Arsenal FC will be entertaining almost 70% corporate attendees next season.  Only the thick of the North Bank and the Clock End which includes somewhere in the region of 9,000 fans are true club followers.

50 minutes ago, Storts said:

Madrid signing Mbappe, Hazard and De Gea - really going for it 

Where have you got the M'Bappe rumour for Real from mate?

As for De Gea...  I know 100% he's given Florentino Pérez an ultimatum of "fork out the cash and sign me quick or I'm signing a new contract with United".

Hazard to Real Madrid is an ongoing saga and for me the only winners there are Chelsea, trust me!

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Where have you got the M'Bappe rumour for Real from mate?

As for De Gea...  I know 100% he's given Florentino Pérez an ultimatum of "fork out the cash and sign me quick or I'm signing a new contract with United".

Hazard to Real Madrid is an ongoing saga and for me the only winners there are Chelsea, trust me!

Shhhhhhhh - it was a cover up as part of my elaborate ruse to lure Cicero back into my trolling clutches. Madlad knew xD

23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How do you know 100% mate? Did you have him over for tea?

6 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Looks like we might have won the race to loan Tap-in Abraham from Chelsea 

If we are continuing to play a lone striker, which I assume we will in the PL having done it in the Championship, I am not totally convinced he is the answer.

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How do you know 100% mate? Did you have him over for tea?

And a slice of battenburg cake! xD

I know because his agent was on Cadena SER (a Spanish radio station) and he said these things and more.  It's been all over the Spanish sports dailies for three days.

• Subscriber

Everton in for £17m Croatian goalkeeper

According to reports in his homeland, Croatian star Lovre Kalanic is attracting significant interest from Everton, who are expected to be on the prowl for a new first team goalkeeper this summer.

What’s the Word?

Sportske Novosti are claiming that Everton are prepared to offer €20million (£17.4million) for the Gent goalkeeper.

No more than 18 months ago, Aston Villa were reported to be interested in signing the giant Croatian, who was plying his trade with Hajduk Split at the time. However, this failed to transpire and the 6ft7” international moved to Belgium in January of this year.

Now, with Everton seemingly searching the market for a new number one, Kalinic is reportedly on their radar and would undoubtedly be interested in a move to the Premier League.

How good has Kalinic been this season?

In short – fantastic. In just four months at Gent, the 27-year-old made an incredible impression and helped the team to reach the Pro League play-offs. His contribution for just one half of the season saw him voted the Gent player of the year by fans.

The Croatian conceded less than one goal per game domestically and was a truly dominant ‘keeper, especially when it came to set pieces and crosses.

Would Kalinic be a good signing for Everton?

While Kalinic, who holds eight caps for Croatia, may not be the marquee signing that Evertonians hoped their new goalkeeper would be, the imposing stopper is experienced at both international and European level and still has his prime years ahead of him.

However, the Premier League is an unforgiving competition and there would undoubtedly be questions as to whether Kalinic is up to the exceptionally high standards of England’s top flight.

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Thought you lot were buying Prickford? 

Would be the preferred choice for most people but reports saying the price is £30m which is ridiculous so fair play to the club for looking at alternatives instead of spending a club record fee (!) on a goalkeeper who's looked good in a shit team for two seasons.

Archived