talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

That's a downgrade and I say that as someone who has defended him since day one.

Couple of others from our supposed ITK's. Everton are in pole position to sign Sigurdsson, though Leicester are also in for him. We're also going back in for Ben Gibson.

If the Gibson thing is true then that's one potential criticism of Shakespeare down the pan already. Was accused of being too loyal to certain players yet it looks like straight away he'd be replacing Morgan & Huth. They've done a lot for us and deserve respect but Gibson & Maguire would be a cracking partnership. I'd be delighted with that.

Well the first choice to replace Sanchez is Lemar and Monaco seem unwilling to sell him, Mahrez looks like he's second choice but if he can produce anything like he did when Leicester won the league then he'd be a great buy.

Chelsea have agreed a £33.4m deal with Roma to sign Antonio Rudiger, according to Sky in Italy.

Out of the blue, to be honest we weren't really linked to him at all. Could the Germans on TFF give us a closer analysis is he any good or worth the money?

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Chelsea have agreed a £33.4m deal with Roma to sign Antonio Rudiger, according to Sky in Italy.

Out of the blue, to be honest we weren't really linked to him at all. Could the Germans on TFF give us a closer analysis is he any good or worth the money?

Much better than spending 70 million on VVD and akoulibaly 

French papers saying we're  in advanced talks to sign Adil Rami.

It may mean the end of trying to sign Sakho which gives me great sadness because he has given me a similar excitement to what Lombardo gave all those years back on a smaller scale.

However he is an improvement on our other defenders.

Kurt Zouma has been linked again but I think the Chelsea hierarchy still remember Patrick Bamford so that deal and any others would be difficult unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

French papers saying we're  in advanced talks to sign Adil Rami.

It may mean the end of trying to sign Sakho which gives me great sadness because he has given me a similar excitement to what Lombardo gave all those years back on a smaller scale.

However he is an improvement on our other defenders.

Kurt Zouma has been linked again but I think the Chelsea hierarchy still remember Patrick Bamford so that deal and any others would be difficult unfortunately.

You will have Pamela Anderson in the stands.

5 hours ago, VanPanna said:

You will have Pamela Anderson in the stands.

has that been proven true or an internet rumour?

its like spending a night with one of the female gladiators. Great story but nothing you'd mention time after time in 2017.

• Subscriber

One out of absolutely nowhere here. We're being heavily linked to Sassuolo striker Gregoire Defrel for £15mil. I know hardly anything about the bloke to be honest. Decent goals record last season, aged 26.

6 minutes ago, HK85 said:

From one bench to another. 

Basically yeah. It'll be a pretty cheap purchase though (last year of contract) that will give us good depth in numerous positions so it's fair to assume he'll get his fair share of games (if a deal is struck obviously). 

If we get £30m for Chamberlain I'd be more than happy. Not sold on him and I think he'll be easy to upgrade on. Far too long we desperately cling on to average players like him and then we can't get rid.

Could be massively proved wrong here, he could flourish under Klopp but we will have to see.

23 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

If we get £30m for Chamberlain I'd be more than happy. Not sold on him and I think he'll be easy to upgrade on. Far too long we desperately cling on to average players like him and then we can't get rid.

Could be massively proved wrong here, he could flourish under Klopp but we will have to see.

No way we are paying £30m mate, not when we can have him for free next summer. £15m-£20m is a more realistic price I think. 

• Subscriber

No idea how reliable this bloke is, but something tells me we might be basing a lot of our transfers on this move going through. If he wants out then I'm all for it. Fantastic player but not bothered about having someone who doesn't really want to be here.

I am quite surprised by the low level of activity so far. Whether it's because the window hasn't been officially open until yesterday I don't know, but I expected more done by now. We're back for pre-season training tomorrow and I'd imagine most others are too. There should surely be some more action in the next week or two.

12 hours ago, HK85 said:

Selling Giroud would be poor from us. Offers something none of our other strikers do. An aerial threat that the other attackers play off of that can right score goals or set them up. Needs to remain an option for us.

Archived