talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd - Sunday 26th July, 2020

football forum

I shat it when we missed them 2 clear cut chances from Rashford and Martial.

I think Leicester fucked up on that 3 on 2 counter in the first half. Why he never squared it is beyond me.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dan said:

We haven't turned up in a big game once under Rodgers, bar arguably that Sheffield United game a week ago. I've had zero faith in us in big games and feel like we have a massive inferiority complex when playing the biggest names.

I can't see that changing today. I hope I'm wrong.

Expected nothing. Flimsy, brittle team. We blew it weeks ago.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

As good as 5th is for Leicester, to have thrown away that points gap is abysmal. You do wonder whether they'll be anywhere near the conversation next season.

Not a chance. That's why I'm annoyed. There is no way the big sides will be this collectively abject next season. We missed the boat.

10 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m telling you mate. United will get mashed.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Are you kidding xD

Of course he was kidding... he knew that United always get a penalty per game these days so knew you had to score 2 to win... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

We were fucking terrible. Looked absolutely knackered, especially Fernandes. Rashford looking clueless again. Martial played really well and has been out most consistent player.

Well congrats because in the first half of the season no one would have given you'll a chance to be where you'll are now. Fast-forward post the COVID outbreak (which benefited teams imo) and now you're sitting in a good position for next season. Do you think this team can win the Europa League? I only ask that question because it seems some of them are burned out as you've alluded to and that's something you don't want following you.

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Well congrats because in the first half of the season no one would have given you'll a chance to be where you'll are now. Fast-forward post the COVID outbreak (which benefited teams imo) and now you're sitting in a good position for next season. Do you think this team can win the Europa League? I only ask that question because it seems some of them are burned out as you've alluded to and that's something you don't want following you.

We can pretty much rest the entire first 11 against Astana in the second leg. I think we can definitely win it.

• Subscriber

Didn't see the game as I don't have Sky but kept checking the score, 1-0 up and I thought Leicester and Vardy would ruin the day and score twice...phew, but good old Schmeichel saved the day and I bet his old man would be proud of him :D

Of all people to score though, fucking Lingard, I just hope that guy is on the raft soon and pushed out to sea, still feel sorry for Leicester though and sorry they have a prick of a manager in Roger's. 

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

I shat it when we missed them 2 clear cut chances from Rashford and Martial.

I think Leicester fucked up on that 3 on 2 counter in the first half. Why he never squared it is beyond me.

It was Rodger's fault!

Anyway "Manchester Utd would like to thank Leicester and in particular the Premier league authorities for our top four finish...thank you 😊"

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Didn't see the game as I don't have Sky but kept checking the score, 1-0 up and I thought Leicester and Vardy would ruin the day and score twice...phew, but good old Schmeichel saved the day and I bet his old man would be proud of him :D

Of all people to score though, fucking Lingard, I just hope that guy is on the raft soon and pushed out to sea, still feel sorry for Leicester though and sorry they have a prick of a manager in Roger's. 

I hope Lingard gets a 5-year contract on the back of sealing the win for you tonight.

• The topic was unpinned

Played football this morning and naturally the conversation after at breakfast was about football given the day ahead. Got a few shocked looks when I said I thought Rodgers will be gone at some point next season.

It will be an important transfer window for them I feel, vital they strengthen well.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Played football this morning and naturally the conversation after at breakfast was about football given the day ahead. Got a few shocked looks when I said I thought Rodgers will be gone at some point next season.

It will be an important transfer window for them I feel, vital they strengthen well.

I requested odds on it a few weeks ago. You can see it to be honest.

The detailed posts to come later but this is such a huge chance blown. 

Again, this is a classic case of 'be carefull what you wish for.

If Brendan offered the Leicester owners/fans a 5th place finish at the start of this season, they would have chewed his hand off. 

Sack him, you might very well regret it.

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Again, this is a classic case of 'be carefull what you wish for.

If Brendan offered the Leicester owners/fans a 5th place finish at the start of this season, they would have chewed his hand off. 

Sack him, you might very well regret it.

Can't see us sacking him by Xmas. Famous last words perhaps xD 

But it goes back to the transfer window @carefreeluke mentioned. Has to be done right to prepare us not only for this season, but the next few. Especially if we want to be taken seriously in the league consistently and regularly compete for/in European competitions.

Need a strong start to next season as well. A few defeats in the opening 5/6 games and pressure will start to mount on him and the players. 

Is that too much to ask for -_-

Improvement from 9th to 5th for Leicester so far and that's what you have to look at, no point getting down and creating a toxic atmosphere around the club when you have genuinely improved. But yeah how they do in the Summer and begin next season will be massive

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Improvement from 9th to 5th for Leicester so far and that's what you have to look at, no point getting down and creating a toxic atmosphere around the club when you have genuinely improved. But yeah how they do in the Summer and begin next season will be massive

Yeah no. Being in the top 4 all season and then falling apart at the end of the season is nothing to be proud of. Be it Leicester City, Chelsea or Cambridge United. Expectations can change.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Yeah no. Being in the top 4 all season and then falling apart at the end of the season is nothing to be proud of. Be it Leicester City, Chelsea or Cambridge United. Expectations can change.

Nothing to be proud of if that's the only context you're grabbing.

We're still in Europe and while not the desired competitio, we can't turn our noses up at the Europa League.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Ouch.

Literally one of the last kicks of the season and this guy loses this bet.

Ed3gzgrXYAEXIWi?format=png&name=small

Fair play, Paddy Power paid out anyway.

C0C7362E-887B-4D32-A4D4-E286E6BBCEBD.thu

Don't think some on here will be happy with who he's donated to :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Expectations are dynamic. I think it's pretty obvious why anybody would be annoyed with what's happened and anyone who claims not to be is just being deliberately obtuse.

So lets make it clear. We sit here in July 2019. We are offered a 5th placed finish and a semi final in the League Cup. We are absolutely not going to say no to that. We aren't delusional.

But having seen how the season panned out. Lets move it forward 6 months. We're now in January 2020.

What we've learnt at this point is that of your typical 'big six', Liverpool are having the season of a lifetime. The rest, however, are nothing special. Manchester City are having a weak season by their admittedly super standards so we'll discount them from this, as I never at any point thought we'd finish ahead of them.

Tottenham have imploded. They're sat around midtable. They somehow have ended up with Mourinho in charge. The Pochettino story is over.

Arsenal have imploded. Incredibly they sit in the bottom half of the league. Even despite Emery's obvious flaws nobody could've seen it going this badly. They have gambled and gone with Mikel Arteta.

Chelsea have been nothing special. They aren't going to kick off about their season - but this is a weakened Chelsea and everybody knew they would be. There are gaping problems in their team that they will probably fix, but only in the summer.

Manchester United have been shocking. They're also looking miles off the pace.

Leicester have lived up to the hype. We sit 3rd in the league, have the leagues top scorer, our obvious young talent is really starting to flourish. We have also made the league cup semi finals and will face a massively depleted, struggling Aston Villa - we can't believe our luck.

To finish 5th, 4 points off Manchester United (who we were FOURTEEN ahead of) and to blow that Aston Villa semi paints a quite worrying picture to me. That is the sign of a team that was talented, but ultimately had no bottle when it mattered most.

What is galling is you just cannot see the big teams having such a collectively appalling season again. This is the weakest 'big six' in years and we've failed to capitalise.

Todays game is not the sole reason. I never fancied us to do anything today or against Tottenham. I wanted it sorting before it could come to those games as we simply couldn't be relied on to deliver in them. But we go and collapse at Bournemouth.

I had no faith in this team ever since the Villa games. The only way we were possibly going to blow that was a weak mentality and it showed in it's cruelest fashion.

Everything I feared about this side was proven right. I've been forced into negativity and been proven right time and time again.

5th is still not a bad season - it is our second best finish in my lifetime.

But the way it's panned out? Not good enough. We've blown a brilliant chance to kick on. I'll be surprised if we're even close next season.

Archived