• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

75 million!

Will he be an improvement on Costa?

Yeah, that's the big question mate.

First up, two completely different types of CF. I very much doubt Morata will be as successful as Costa leading the line on his own. One would expect him to more often than not have a partner up front. Do we already have his partner at the club? You can be sure Hazard to have his hand up to be that partner. Morata, up too now hasnt been the most prolific CF, so he has that to prove over Costa. However, he is known for being a 100% trier in every game, so that is for sure one up on Costa who picks and chooses his games.

Morata was one of two players originally asked for by Conte (He got neither) before he was announced as Chelsea manager and you can be sure Morata is Conte's choice a year on. Lukaku was NEVER Conte's choice, so he must be a happy boy now he has his new improved contract and his first choice CF.

Price is very different to Real's opening asking price said to be closer to 90M. Depending which media outlet you read, the price is anything between 65-75.

Now if we can just get Muller out of Munich as a partner. :ay:

So the current team HG are: Moses, Cahill, Clarke-Salter, Christensen, Tomori, Fabregas, Musonda, Baker, Boga and Scott. That is 10 players and we need 8 to fill the quota, Moses, Cahill, Cesc and Musonda are already there. I can also see Christensen and Baker staying so we will be two short? 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Cahill, Clarke-Salter, Tomori, Baker and Scott are all English regardless if their names/surnames don't sound English. Apart from Tomori who is Canadian by birth.

Same at every club mate, we've got Ademola, Onyekuru and Hewelt among our own youth team. :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

• Upvote 1

Conte today

"I don't like to talk about players who are not here,' said Conte, speaking for the first time since the infamous text message sent to Costa at the end of the season to inform him he would be allowed to leave.

'In January, the Costa situation was made very clear. For the club, for him and his agent and for me the situation is closed.'

--------------------------------------

So the famous text was conformation that nothing had changed, & nothing new to Costa

How do you guys feel about Zouma going out on loan to Stoke? Has he been given much of a chance at Chelsea? Is he not good enough? I loved him at Saint-Étienne (I wanted him at Arsenal) and it's a shame to see him go to such a shit club.

8 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

How do you guys feel about Zouma going out on loan to Stoke? Has he been given much of a chance at Chelsea? Is he not good enough? I loved him at Saint-Étienne (I wanted him at Arsenal) and it's a shame to see him go to such a shit club.

Not the type of Centreback you'd need in a 3 at the back system. 

11 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Conte today

"I don't like to talk about players who are not here,' said Conte, speaking for the first time since the infamous text message sent to Costa at the end of the season to inform him he would be allowed to leave.

'In January, the Costa situation was made very clear. For the club, for him and his agent and for me the situation is closed.'

--------------------------------------

So the famous text was conformation that nothing had changed, & nothing new to Costa

You don't think Conte is just trying to save face or attempting damage control? 

7 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

You don't think Conte is just trying to save face or attempting damage control? 

I dont know mate. It's a pretty powerful statement to make if he is just trying to save face. To mention Costa's agent, and we all know who that is, stating everyone knew where we was in January, I think is the clearest indication its the truth. There would need to be something from Mendes, something substantial to entertain the words of Conte to be untrue.

We must also remember what happened in January.  Chinese bid, Costa dropped from first team followed by a huge drop in form where we played with 10 men for about 2 months. The rumour mill was all over the story and as it turns out, its very much in line with how Conte described it.

I am told where Costa may have been mislead in his own mind was by the celebrations laughter n cuddles he got from Conte when his form turned around again April time.  Costa took this as a clean slate. But if you remember, its around this time the Chinese tax was announced and suddenly Costa's move there vanished. Just like magic Costa returned to the outstanding performances of earlier in the season and as the media have constantly reported of late, he didnt want to leave Chelsea, even for Athletico.

It really is time for him to go. He was a major factor in the team nosediving the year before and getting Jose out of the club. His child like attitude has found a manager who wont stand for it and just like Jose, wants him out after one season.

A wonderful CF who on his day is as unplayable as any striker given that top praise. It's just his baggage has got to heavy to carry anymore.

--------------------------------------------

Looks like just like Arsenal, Roman does not look at United as a threat anymore with the possible truth he is allowing Matic to move North.