talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

The club has announced that Tom Glick will be our new President of Business

Glick will ‘assume responsibility for day-to-day operations at Chelsea’ (Picture: Getty)

Glick, a former Manchester City executive and Carolina Panthers president, comes in to assume some of the responsibilities previously overseen by Marina Granovskaia, who left from her role of director in June.

Glick will assume responsibility for day-to-day operations at Chelsea FC, including managing its global commercial strategy, driving revenue growth, enhancing fan engagement, and creating exceptional experiences for the Club’s fans.’

Chelsea confirm another major appointment as Todd Boehly upheaval continues (msn.com)

• Upvote 1

Chelsea have reached an agreement to sign Jules Kounde (Getty)

Chelsea have agreed a £55 million deal with Sevilla to sign Jules Kounde, according to reports.

After securing a €40m (£34m) deal for Kalidou Koulibaly over the weekend, Thomas Tuchel has been keen for Chelsea to bring in another experienced central defender.

Kounde was wanted by Chelsea last summer but pulled out in the closing stages of the window after Sevilla raised their asking price.

The report claims that Kounde has already agreed personal terms with Chelsea and the France international is due to undergo a medical within the next 48 hours.

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You have to question why hes playing most of them if that's the case.

Pretty poor result all round, I have seen enough of this pre-season to know we are going to come somewhere between 4th and 6th... Our attack is non existent and we are going to have the same problems we did last season, lot's of possession but not a lot to show for it, It will take at least 5-10 games to settle the new players in and can see us being further behind the front two than we were last season.. 

Thing will be if these players have arrived off the back of what Tuchel wanted and we don't improve what then for him under the new owner I wonder?? 

It's a shame that the Kounde to Chelsea deal doesn't seem like it will go ahead now, with Barcelona seemingly tempting the player to join them instead. I think that Kounde would have been a great addition to the Chelsea team.

• Upvote 1

Got smashed to pieces last night/morning. The 4-3-3 looked like we never played together like it was the first time this team met. First two goals individual mistakes, after we got back to 3-4-3 we looked a bit more comfortable on the ball but conceded two more. Our only chance was when Mount hit the post in the first half and that is really about it. It is a friendly but you don't lose 4-0 in friendlies, you are bound to show some kind of performance. Credit to Arsenal they took this game way more serious and won easily. The question they had for Tuchel is he aware that the season starts in 2 seasons and will the team be ready? Well we have two new players the rest are here for years or at least 2+ years, big job for Tuchel to get them back at their best. Not really sure what could be wrong as all of our three pre season games apart from maybe the opening game were dreadful. No finishing no big chances, could be a similar season to the last one. Plenty of wasted chances and cheap goals, hopefully not but definitely an improvement is required.

Edited by True Blue
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

The Kounde deal is gone, as broke ass Barcelona signs another player with no money. However pleased about this one as i didn't rate him at all.

I don't think he's a bad player, but he doesn't strike me as a player that would look as good as he has at Sevilla if he were at Chelsea. Idk if that's rational at all or not, but that's just how I feel about him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Barcelona just absolutely trolling Chelsea all the time 😅🤣🤣

Hardly all the time as it was only Raphinha and Kounde now. Their brain dead fans are all over the Internet "trolling" it's pathetic. They probably won't troll when the club folds with debt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Hardly all the time as it was only Raphinha and Kounde now. Their brain dead fans are all over the Internet "trolling" it's pathetic. They probably won't troll when the club folds with debt.

Did they take your CB on a free? I honestly can't remember? 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Christensen, and he will be 3rd choice once Kounde comes in. Rudiger will also be playing LB for Real Madrid primarily as Anclelotti stated. 

It really is amazing how players don't learn from past examples that the grass is not always greener at the Spanish giants. Raphinha and Kounde will likely be begging to leave in the near future. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Christensen? yes but he was not getting a new conract anyway. You don't extend contracts with players that refuse to play finals because thez aren't ready mentally. He did that a lot of times during his Chelsea career he found his match in Barcelona.

56 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

It's being reported Chelsea are having a tantrum

Strategic planning.... Why would we be willing to let another 2 players go in that direction if they are being twats calling dibs on all the players we try to sign by promising them streets paved with gold??? 

If I was Chelsea I would only offer both those players in return for De Jong maybe if he was willing to come which I understand he would be.. Other than that Barca can 

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC