talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

He's our club product and was more prolific with us than Spurs. :what:

Knew it would get a few nibbles if i'm being completely honest. . Imagine if our greatest ever player was a Spurs product 

Know the Willian song?

Greaves returning from Italy is almost exactly the same just mirrored.

Imagine being around at the time.

Greaves best goalscorer we had, not a patch on our best player.

15 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Know the Willian song?

Greaves returning from Italy is almost exactly the same just mirrored.

Imagine being around at the time.

Greaves best goalscorer we had, not a patch on our best player.

Never said he was :ay:

Why was Rudiger signed by the way? Versatility? Could have just kept Ake for that and we wouldn't need the cover as much if we actually signed some decent full backs.

Looks like Rudiger can be reckless as well, I'll be very surprised if he survives the season without a red card. Was getting extremely riled up last Saturday which manifested itself in his play but also his reactions to things happening on the pitch. Accident waiting to happen, let's see. A part from that I thought he did well for his debut.

Edited by carefreeluke

3 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Why was Rudiger signed by the way? Versatility? Could have just kept Ake for that and we wouldn't need the cover as much if we actually signed some decent full backs.

Looks like Rudiger can be reckless as well, I'll be very surprised if he survives the season without a red card. Was getting extremely riled up last Saturday which manifested itself in his play but also his reactions to things happening on the pitch. Accident waiting to happen, let's see. A part from that I thought he did well for his debut.

Decent debut, then again Ake was his equal plus younger plus HG. No clue why Conte insisted on him, i mean you can see a tall strong center back that is for sure. Then i noticed what you noticed, very short temper and i could see him going off under pressure. Hope Conte can manage and sort that out with him.

41 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Decent debut, then again Ake was his equal plus younger plus HG. No clue why Conte insisted on him, i mean you can see a tall strong center back that is for sure. Then i noticed what you noticed, very short temper and i could see him going off under pressure. Hope Conte can manage and sort that out with him.

Yeah mate the only plus or difference I can see with having Rudiger is his athleticism and size, our defence lacks pace at times and can be weak to defending crosses. His temper came out throughout the game, he even walked off the pitch (right in front of me) in a very frustrated mood. Passion is good to see but it's important it's controlled, I'll be very surprised if he escapes a red card this season. Let's hope he does well for us but we should have kept Ake and promised him a future role in the team or made more use of our other younger players and put the 30M we used on Rudiger towards a new wing back.

Agreed 100%, i was devastated about the sales of Ake, Chalobah and Traore. If they all stayed we would basically be looking for a wing back and we would be sorted. They proved worthy and up to the task, but apparently the club doesn't need small names only superstars.

The Costa situation is beyond boring, for the time he refused to appear don't pay him. Then sue him for not respecting his contract, he could have returned be a part of the pre season and then be sold. But no he decided he can act like a 10 year old and stay in Brasil. The club should make an example of him, act like a retard and remain in Brasil for two years doing nothing and not earning money. 

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Conte confirming that Bakayoko could be in the team for the game against Tottenham on Sunday. With Cesc serving his red it seem's the boss doesn't want to rotate the back three and he will be forced to make changes.

Yeah mate, he also talked about 'risks.'  Hope we're not rushing him back but only the club will know what kind of physical condition Bakayoko is in. Also said he prefers Luiz at the back which also hints at the fact that Bakayoko may play or we may see someone else completely play there.

Conte today, while funny and probably the best way to treat the media continually hitting us over the head with the Costa saga, also looked\behaved as thou he didnt really care anymore on everything.

A return to work work work as the basis of his answer to anything he could link to work, is far better than his downtrodden appearances this summer. 

It was interesting his admittance that he tends to make things as difficult as he can for himself. That pretty much confirms all my Italian friends have labeled him during close seasons.

3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Conte today, while funny and probably the best way to treat the media continually hitting us over the head with the Costa saga, also looked\behaved as thou he didnt really care anymore on everything.

A return to work work work as the basis of his answer to anything he could link to work, is far better than his downtrodden appearances this summer. 

It was interesting his admittance that he tends to make things as difficult as he can for himself. That pretty much confirms all my Italian friends have labeled him during close seasons.

One way of putting it but it was nice to him smiling and joking again after what he's been like recently. Perhaps it was a psychological thing in part due to the big game coming up Sunday.

Edited by carefreeluke

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

One way of putting it but it was nice to him smiling and joking again after what he's been like recently. Perhaps it was a psychological thing in part due to the big game coming up Sunday.

I agree it was a better view, I said as much in my original post, however, I watched the entire press conference on Chelsea website and other than his giggling fit, I felt he was very flippant with his total being towards the questioning, where's in the past such as last season, you could feel the concentration in his answering.

Now of course his understanding of English maybe good enough for him to not have to concentrate as much, but I could see where the Hyenas were going with the questioning on "foundations" of the football club and he allowed himself to talk about four years when its obvious he will be lucky to see out the last 2 years of his original improved contract.

Talking of your "psychological thing" he was blunt in his opinion this is not a good time for Chelsea to face Tottenham anywhere. Maybe he is trying for a false sense of that thing.... If I was one of his players.... I wouldnt think that.

Anyway, fingers crossed a positive result.

Well if you are to believe certain media outlets over night, Roman tore a strip off of Conti this past week.

I would suggest its true when you take into account his effort in the weekly press conference.

Plus, the Cherry line that he wants to still be manager in the new stadium given to only the Sunday written press..... The guy has had a fire lit under his ass.

Well done Roman.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Well if you are to believe certain media outlets over night, Roman tore a strip off of Conti this past week.

I would suggest its true when you take into account his effort in the weekly press conference.

Plus, the Cherry line that he wants to still be manager in the new stadium given to only the Sunday written press..... The guy has had a fire lit under his ass.

Well done Roman.

Your new stadium is not going to be ready for a very long time. No way Conte is still about 

17 minutes ago, Danny said:

Conte has multiple Serie A's, a PL title and international pedigree. I highly doubt he gives a fuck about what Abramovich says.

This. Conte would probably welcome the sack accepting a multi million pound pay off before landing a job at a bigger club.