Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Wout Weghorst - Tottenham

Wolfsburg's Dutch striker Weghorst is being followed by Tottenham. They want a forward to give Harry Kane competition and Weghorst is an option that they are looking at. However, Weghorst has just had a very successful season and he is valued at around £27 million, so he won't come cheap.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-tottenham-eyeing-wolfsburg-striker-wout-weghorst-rated-at-27m/

Heard more about this rumor, which appears to have picked up steam after he didn't play this weekend for Wolfsburg. 

I'd hate to see him leave the league, but I'd certainly appreciate not playing against him this weekend. 

• Wow 1

He’s a muppet if he moves to Spurs to play second fiddle to Kane. 

3 hours ago, Eco said:

Heard more about this rumor, which appears to have picked up steam after he didn't play this weekend for Wolfsburg. 

I'd hate to see him leave the league, but I'd certainly appreciate not playing against him this weekend. 

Weghorst did actually play against Freiburg, as he came on as a substitute. I also don't think that we should read too much into the fact that he didn't start the match, as several other usual starters like Schlager, Steffen, Lacroix, Mehmedi and Roussillon weren't in the starting line-up against Freiburg either. Wolfsburg manager Glasner was clearly resting these players, as they had played a midweek Europa League game against Desna only a few days prior to the Freiburg match.

Having said that, I wouldn't be too surprised if Spurs made an official move for Weghorst. He fits the description of the type of forward that Mourinho has been apparently looking for. However, the Wolfsburg director recently came out and suggested that Tottenham don't need Weghorst. So it remains to be seen if the tall Dutchman does eventually make the move to North London.

football forum