talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 2-2 Liverpool - Saturday 17th October, 2020

football forum

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

No I haven’t, but it’s also not my job to be a referee. But why do some other countries have better officials on the whole than us? VAR exists because they can’t be trusted, though. And when VAR does what it does today, VAR exists to really only highlight that they shouldn’t be trusted in England because they can’t even get the decisions right with replays (based off what they’re showing us).

And I’m not going to trust that they’re going off more than what they’re showing us, because after the he absolute shitshow we saw last season with VAR... it is in their interests to be transparent as fuck.

But they aren’t, so I’m not going to believe they aren’t showing us to best angles they’ve got.

Most countries only have a few top referees at best then the rest are fairly average. We actually have quite high refereeing standards compared to most countries. You have complained about every referee from all over Europe that has given a decision against you. You have complained about referring standard all over the world not just England 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont call them a bunch of chants though. I'm realistic about how hard it is to be a professional footballer in the same way I'm realistic about how hard it is to be a referee.

Aye, you’ve only ever been polite and respectful  towards Arsenal players i’m sure 😂

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh I think that’s a load of bollocks. People always say we get more decisions than other sides and call us LiVARpool, but I’m pretty sure we’re in the bottom half of sides that got helped out by the officials last season.

Top teams  normally get more decisions go for them. I've seen loads of decisions go for arsenal I would admit it

Just now, Rick said:

Aye, you’ve only ever been polite and respectful  towards Arsenal players i’m sure 😂

I've criticised players. Said some arent good enough for us. I've never said personal things and I've always respected the fact that it is very hard to be a professional footballer

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Gunnersauraus it’s also likely we’ve lost VVD to an ACL injury and Thiago to some sort of unknown injury, so I’m much more pissed off about the robbery than I normally would have been

I didnt see those mate. The fact is though mate with the current rules those kind of goals will always be disaload. 

• Subscriber

What's that now, 6 pages of us deciding we should change the rules of football so Liverpool can win the game today? Or 7?

I've been civil so far but some of these shouts are laughable. Retrospective ban for Pickford? It was a shocking tackle but he's a goalkeeper trying to make himself big that's ended up colliding with the attacking player who was offside anyway. At least he was going for the ball. As the one dissenting voice has mentioned, Robertson appeared to deliberately kick out at one of our players and VAR shrugged that off too. Shall I cry about that for the next week as well? Should he get retrospective action or is it only for players who don't roll over when Liverpool win? xD

If I didn't know better I'd call out some rustled jimmies here. People talk about our mentality when it comes to Liverpool and at Anfield, yes we've been shite. But Liverpool have come to Goodison and won one in 9 themselves now. Why is that? It's not a lack of ability, the league tables each season will attest to that. So where are Everton making the difference up if it's not the mentality of the two sides?

You can cry all week if you want. Wasn't there a petition for Ramos to get punished for deliberately giving Karius concussion a couple of years ago? Maybe start a petition trying to get Pickford a retrospective ban. You'll only be helping us more if you're successful anyway. xD

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

The ones I was referring to in reply to your post regarding the big clubs getting the most decisions given in their favour. 

I dont know which stat you are referring to please re post it. Generally teams at the top get more decisions go their way. However if you can show me a stat that shows liverpool are the exception I would except I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What's that now, 6 pages of us deciding we should change the rules of football so Liverpool can win the game today? Or 7?

I've been civil so far but some of these shouts are laughable. Retrospective ban for Pickford? It was a shocking tackle but he's a goalkeeper trying to make himself big that's ended up colliding with the attacking player who was offside anyway. At least he was going for the ball. As the one dissenting voice has mentioned, Robertson appeared to deliberately kick out at one of our players and VAR shrugged that off too. Shall I cry about that for the next week as well? Should he get retrospective action or is it only for players who don't roll over when Liverpool win? xD

If I didn't know better I'd call out some rustled jimmies here. People talk about our mentality when it comes to Liverpool and at Anfield, yes we've been shite. But Liverpool have come to Goodison and won one in 9 themselves now. Why is that? It's not a lack of ability, the league tables each season will attest to that. So where are Everton making the difference up if it's not the mentality of the two sides?

You can cry all week if you want. Wasn't there a petition for Ramos to get punished for deliberately giving Karius concussion a couple of years ago? Maybe start a petition trying to get Pickford a retrospective ban. You'll only be helping us more if you're successful anyway. xD

Tbf, it’s one person calling for retrospective bans. The rest of us are saying it was a bullshit decision, and you have said yourself that you were fortunate. 

If Everton had been robbed at the end like that and had two of your crucial players injured then you would be talking about it yourself. Nobody is even slagging off Everton, you were good today and certainly better than you have been against us in a while. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

In my defence mate I was only arguing my point. Like I said if arsenal had a goal disaload in the champions league final i would still say the same.  In fact if you look throughout my posts i have been very consistent in this point.

28 minutes ago, Rick said:

So you’re slagging the masses off for not understanding something that they haven’t been shown? You say it’s scientific, but not once has the process in the decision making her explained to anybody. We go on angles that we are shown, with no explanation to decisions that look ridiculous. 

“level of discourse” I don’t know how you can expect us to trust the “experts” when they are the ones that give Man Utd a penalty after the full time whistle, yet won’t do anything about that red card offence from Pickford “because the whistle was blown for offside”. Fuck that, I don’t trust any of these clowns, they make shit house decisions on the regular and don’t have to take any accountability for any of them. 

You have been shown it though. The pictures are all over social media, all over the telly, and they're probably in this thread. If people don't understand, fine. But there are so many who refuse to understand which is what's frustrating

Thing is, I agree with you on the United penalty and the Pickford thing, but those conversations get drowned out by the noise when people make stupid comments that wouldn't stand up to 5 seconds of thought. There's far more of that than actual considered criticism

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think you're being too defensive here and then went all Cannabis too 🤢

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

You have been shown it though. The pictures are all over social media, all over the telly, and they're probably in this thread. If people don't understand, fine. But there are so many who refuse to understand which is what's frustrating

Thing is, I agree with you on the penalty and the Pickford thing, but those conversations get drowned out by the noise when people make stupid comments that wouldn't stand up to 5 seconds of thought

All that is being shown is an angle that clearly make it looks like Mane is onside. Then you have lines drawn all over it in different colours. That’s hardly an explanation. 

If, like rugby, the VAR ref was mic’d up and was explaining their decision then I’d accept that. But you’re asking me to trust referees who have made countless of ridiculous decisions over the last couple of seasons. That’s a stretch. 

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

And please, defenders of VAR explain why Pickford’s foul after the offside was reviewed for a penalty (correctly not given), but didn’t review for a red card (which is absurd).

No idea. But again, it’s not VAR that’s the issue. It’s the human being. The technology doesn’t make that decision.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think you're being too defensive here and then went all Cannabis too 🤢

We were discussing the game reasonably sensibly earlier. Since I last posted another 3 pages of out and out cry arsing continued so I thought I'd just join in briefly with the partisan hot takes.

Harsh call for Liverpool today obviously, but to be totally frank, I think that makes up for that crazy last minute goal they got the other season when the ball ballooned up, Pickford flapped and Origi tapped it in on the line in injury time.

That was a horrible way to lose a game and you really felt for Everton and Silva at the time so this kind of makes up for it.

And as bad a mistake as that was from Pickford for the Henderson 'goal', no one is talking about the save he made from Matip. That was actually incredible given where Matip was in the box.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Did people think Everton were good? I thought they were disappointing,. Granted they were playing a side who can impose themselves on anyone but I doubt Ancelotti will be happy with the performance. Which is a positive, Everton are finally demanding more.

This. I thought we got battered for most of the first half. Just the fact we created chances makes people think that's a better performance from us and it's better than our big games last season yeah, but in terms of this season that's the worst we've played apart from a spell from about 50-70 minutes. Rodriguez, Digne, Allan, Keane I'd say had 7/10 games or better but a lot of the rest weren't at the races. Richarlison especially didn't look fully fit even before the red card.

• Subscriber

Disappointing result in the end because I honestly thought Jordan got the winner but VAR ruled it out. What was interesting was the discussion in the studio and in particular with Cahill mentioned, he said that its weird that the VAR official could make the call and the referee on the pitch never went to the monitor to review it. That's the real issue here. I don't mind not getting the goal if its clear but now its turned into what is the VAR referee actually doing to override the referee when it isn't clear. The other argument was that Mane's shoulder was on and that is a scoring part of the body hence the offside but its so hard to tell with the way the TV angles were.

As for the game, I thought we looked so much more sharper today and had Pickford gone off I think we'd have had a much better run. Virgil is going to be out for a while with the way the images showed his leg being planted but on the upside Matip looked very good today and that's a relief for the backline. 

• The title was changed to Everton 2-2 Liverpool - Saturday 17th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived