The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Who do we all have as suspects for the 3 other founder clubs? 

Marseille, PSG, Monaco, Porto, Benfica, Galatasaray, Waxtap, Zenit are all on my radar fuckers. 

Apparently Bayern, Porto and RB Leipzig... 

I honestly thought this would be a breakaway league, but obviously it still seems the founding teams will still play in their domestic league. I think that's just silly, if they want to do this they shouldn't be allowed to compete in the national league, the already big advantage will only get more extreme. Although by the sound of the structure it means a shit load of games will have to be played. 

Lol this thing is embarrassing. Pitching your own club receiving a €3.5bn payment to offset the impact of COVID as good for the football pyramid.

The old trickle down economics, this is absolutely coming from those American billionaires. 

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I honestly thought this would be a breakaway league, but obviously it still seems the founding teams will still play in their domestic league. I think that's just silly, if they want to do this they shouldn't be allowed to compete in the national league, the already big advantage will only get more extreme. Although by the sound of the structure it means a shit load of games will have to be played. 

Uhhhh, no? The domestic leagues and Uefa have a thing or two to say about it

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

Lol this thing is embarrassing. Pitching your own club receiving a €3.5bn payment to offset the impact of COVID as good for the football pyramid.

The old trickle down economics, this is absolutely coming from those American billionaires. 

I can't believe they have the nerve to think we're all so stupid to believe this bollocks as well 

5 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It just replaces the CL, nothing changes apart from UEFA learn there place :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Who do we all have as suspects for the 3 other founder clubs? 

Marseille, PSG, Monaco, Porto, Benfica, Galatasaray, Waxtap, Zenit are all on my radar fuckers. 

Gotta be PSG, but they’re sat hiding because of the owners ties to Qatar. The World Cup could be taken away from them? It’s going to create more money for solicitors.

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

4 of the 6 English clubs involved in this cash grab project are US owned. It only takes a look on twitter to see the few voices online that are for the super league.

And let’s not forget the main financial backer of the league is JP Morgan........

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It just replaces the CL, nothing changes apart from UEFA learn there place :ph34r:

Yeah but can you imagine the backlash from majority of people and clubs when you have all the money in the bank but no-one actually supporting you at your matches at the weekend after you've all had your circlejerk session with your Super League chums in midweek? 

How exciting. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

That bit is a bit crap, what happens if a team becomes shit, do they get booted? :35_thinking:

No. 'founder clubs' are guaranteed their place in this league. 

18 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Uhhhh, no? The domestic leagues and Uefa have a thing or two to say about it

I don't see a situation where the FA's ban all their top teams or don't allow them to play. At best the clubs will just pay a fine. 

14 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I don't think it's a bad thing in those terms, it being closed shop is the issue, especially if those teams continue to play domestically. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

No. 'founder clubs' are guaranteed their place in this league. 

So if Spurs and Liverpool stay mid table or worse they stay in the "Super League" ..it's not a very super league then is it :4_joy:  ..guess with the extra money all members should have top class teams

"Welcome to matchday 1 of the Vanarama national league, we have Bromley vs Tottenham Hotspur"

"Oh my days it looks like Scott Brown from Bromley has just broken Harry Kanes jaw in 8 places with a punch to the face after Kane gouged his eye while climbing him like the Eiffel tower in the box"

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived