talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ben Davies Signs for Liverpool

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not mistaken he's a player that we've been linked with previously, either before or after he went to West Ham, can't remember? That could work, a player who has previously been on Liverpool's radar but has lost their way a little bit.

Will surely be a difficult one to convince West Ham let him go on loan or cheaply though. If he's their third or fourth choice CB, they'll be thinking that they're only an injury or two away from being in Liverpool's situation.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

If I'm not mistaken he's a player that we've been linked with previously, either before or after he went to West Ham, can't remember? That could work, a player who has previously been on Liverpool's radar but has lost their way a little bit.

Will surely be a difficult one to convince West Ham let him go on loan or cheaply though. If he's their third or fourth choice CB, they'll be thinking that they're only an injury or two away from being in Liverpool's situation.

It's January, and everyone and their mother knows we are desperate for a CB = They will take us to the cleaners.

Quality player, I’d be happy if we managed to get this through. Be hard to get West Ham to seek though, maybe if we send Origi the other way, they need a striker. I don’t think 20m is a bad price for a 24 year old, he’s got plenty of potentially to improve massively in a better side. 

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Rick said:

Quality player, I’d be happy if we managed to get this through. Be hard to get West Ham to seek though, maybe if we send Origi the other way, they need a striker. I don’t think 20m is a bad price for a 24 year old, he’s got plenty of potentially to improve massively in a better side. 

Gonna really hinder the experience and development of those youngsters though :dash3:

• Administrator

Suddenly there are actually some CBs available then?!

Anyway, that would cripple Wolves even more than they already are. He's been one of their better defenders, especially when Boly was out.

I don't know much about him to be totally frank but what I would say is Liverpool wouldn't sign him for the sake of it if he didn't have something about him. 

For the money as well, which is peanuts, it's not like they have much to lose really going for him. You are going to be hard pushed to find a class act this late anyway.

If he doesn't quite work out then it's £2m from the summer budget. Not £20 or £30m.

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't know much about him to be totally frank but what I would say is Liverpool wouldn't sign him for the sake of it if he didn't have something about him. 

For the money as well, which is peanuts, it's not like they have much to lose really going for him. You are going to be hard pushed to find a class act this late anyway.

If he doesn't quite work out then it's £2m from the summer budget. Not £20 or £30m.

I know you can make almost anyone look good on a short Youtube video montage but he doesn't look half bad.

Phillips playing well too.

Crisis what crisis? :whistling:

I’ve seen him a couple times for Marseille, and I’ve liked the look of him. I’ll be happy if we bring in two defenders, get Fab & Hendo back in the midfield. 

@...Dan mayb be able to give us some insight? I know Batard is the resident Marseille fan, but doesn’t seem to be all that active atm. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Rick said:

I’ve seen him a couple times for Marseille, and I’ve liked the look of him. I’ll be happy if we bring in two defenders, get Fab & Hendo back in the midfield. 

@...Dan mayb be able to give us some insight? I know Batard is the resident Marseille fan, but doesn’t seem to be all that active atm. 

Diop was at Toulouse mate. Unless you're thinking of Kamara?

7 hours ago, Rick said:

3 hours ago, Batard said:

Diop was at Toulouse mate. Unless you're thinking of Kamara?

Bahahahaha called out 

• The title was changed to Ben Davies Signs for Liverpool

Archived