• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 9-0 Southampton - Tuesday 2nd February, 2021

football forum

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Iut if you want a bit of a history lesson that can explain why Chelsea frequently gets memed as a neo-Nazi club on the internet, I'm probably not the best person to explain it.... but fortunately you can just take a quick visit to www.google.com and type in: "Chelsea FC + racism + history" you will get quite a few hits that give a clue where the memes come from.

I try to base what I say on personal experience.

I probably know as much about the 70's and 80's as much as anyone having lived through it going to every game home and away.

Chelsea were probably the most racist at that time, WHU too. I think the southern clubs were more racist than northern ones due to the fact that the National Front were more active in the south but that is just my perception.

It wasn't just geographical though, Everton had a nasty streak that I didn't see at Anfield, not suggesting we were lilly white, we had our fair share of racist knob heads back then like any club.

17 hours ago, Panna King said:

This guy is mentality unstable, he just shouts racist to people. To try and win an argument that way, which has been made up in his head.    

The things that have been said are unacceptable on any platform, a warning is simply not good enough.

I will not be returning to this platform from now on.

You can't be serious?

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm surprised I even have to say this...I've never said the club itself sponsored a policy of racism. That'd be mental, especially nowadays xD - Chelsea headhunters were a group of shitty racist cunts that I'm sure longtime Chelsea fans like @Bluewolf fucking hated being associated with twats like that.

And sadly some of that element has survived amongst Chelsea support... but that shit was very prevalent at a lot of football clubs in the 80s (which OBVIOUSLY doesn't make that okay) - and sadly some of that element has sort of survived amongst most clubs. Just like how there's a sad surviving element of racism just generally in the world, not just in football.

But if you want a bit of a history lesson that can explain why Chelsea frequently gets memed as a neo-Nazi club on the internet, I'm probably not the best person to explain it.... but fortunately you can just take a quick visit to www.google.com and type in: "Chelsea FC + racism + history" you will get quite a few hits that give a clue where the memes come from.

I have known a few in my time I can't deny, When I was growing up and things were different it was the norm to hear racist comments or abuse being shouted especially at games and that was always followed by periods of violence in the stands or outside the ground and that was normal for pretty much most fans on a matchday including Chelsea.. Thankfully a lot of those days are well behind us although some of it remains of course... I do think Racism or hatred comes from the parents either condoning it or at the very least not challenging it and so it is passed on down the line as acceptable behaviour and then those like minded individuals then gather together in gangs where they feel bigger than they are alone and feel safe spewing out their hateful shit... 

I have never liked or condoned it, it's just something I have never been comfortable hearing or seeing going on and it's one thing to have someone round the throat back at school because they are giving a mate a hard time over his colour but a bit more difficult to stop when confronted by 10 or 15 knuckle dragging Neanderthals tanked up on booze just looking to give some poor sod a kicking..  and I can consider myself lucky that I had parents who never had a racist bone in their bodies, I never heard a bad word come out of their mouths in that regard.. God bless them

Some people suggest that banning people like that from games is a decent punishment but I would ask where the lesson is in that?? If anything getting a ban probably just increases their anger but just pushes it out of sight and mind, for a while.. They have plenty of media platforms these days in which they can hurl abuse from their own bed without even having to get up in the morning.. and that's a real problem. I saw this a while back and I don't know if it's a quote from him or not to be honest but it's on the money... 

See the source image

I don't know what the answer is... I wish I did, Maybe we should ship the fuckers out to places in Africa where kids are starving and they can't come back until they have contributed something to society and learnt something about another culture... If they tried to run away there would be a good chance they would get eaten by Lions.. Either way it's a win win B|

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

We never had this when your foxes whopped Southampton, anyway, that's the end of the story for me in this thread, 8 pages over a game must be a record?

The scoreline doesn't dictate the racism. It's totally separate.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

The scoreline doesn't dictate the racism. It's totally separate.

I agree with that and members who caused it are now gone and let's get the thread back to talking football

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

t's the highest since Spurs played Liverpool.

Last Thursday!

That will more than likely get beaten. :D

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Ffs what did I miss? Someone should have said I’d have cracked open a bottle of whiskey and dodged some art.

Oh you know, just because a certain group has some racists associated with it automatically means anyone associated with that group is a racist. 

The usual. 

• 2 months later...

3 Liverpool players abused on social media this week. Must be those filthy Manc racists. Oh, and anyone notice how we made loads of special threads about it and abused Liverpool and the city in general? Me neither. Just to clarify, this is in no way a rant against Liverpool. More how one poster can be proved so utterly wrong and proven that the thinking was just absolutely bizarre.

#someoneelsesreality

Archived