talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 9-0 Southampton - Tuesday 2nd February, 2021

football forum

Imagine you are black and you are casually scrolling through various topics on a football forum because you fancy a chat about football and see that some bellend has repeatedly thrown the n word out without any thought for anyone who’s day that might fuck up regardless of the context it’s been used in simply so he can win an argument that he has made up in his head.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Did Martial really dive for a penalty at 7-0?

Yes. Disappointing 2 referees couldn't come to the conclusion he did. Was embarrassing all round. 

59 minutes ago, ToonFan said:

Except the kneel is the specific symbol of the Black Lives Matter organisation. 

There was a million anti-racist gestures they could have chosen that long predate the kneel, but they still kneel. I don't care what they call it it's BLM support. 

At the risk of being called an American who thinks he knows everything again, you do know why taking a knee has become a symbol right?

18 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

"[Racist shit that @Dr. Gonzo censored]"

A regular chant from the Stretford end in 1980s. This club are not what the bbc want you to think they are.

Fucking hell, don't do shit like what I've just censored from that post.

It's a weird argument too. Why are you holding the Salford club in the 1980s to the same standard as it faces in 2021? In the 80s there was a club that constantly called us "N****rpool"... and threw bananas at John Barnes - strangely, it was another Merseyside club and not a Manchester club. Also football had a noted racism problem in the 1980s. I think it STILL DOES tbh, but it was notably worse in the 80s all around the country.

But we're also not in 1980. And anyway, accusing many people on here of racism for points scoring is a bit weird unless they're actually posting racist shit. There hasn't been much support for overt racism on here and whenever it's been presented, it's been called out fairly quickly IMO.

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nope. Weird rule but that was the rule last I checked. 

I think it wasn’t given because they said contact was on the ankle which wasn’t on the line, although his toes were. If it’s on the line though, it’s a peno as far as I’m aware.

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Imagine you are black and you are casually scrolling through various topics on a football forum because you fancy a chat about football and see that some bellend has repeatedly thrown the n word out without any thought for anyone who’s day that might fuck up regardless of the context it’s been used in simply so he can win an argument that he has made up in his head.

And this, @The Artful Dodger is exactly why you can't just fucking post shit like that.

You know better, I know you do. Cmon lad.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There hasn't been much support for overt racism on here and whenever it's been presented, it's been called out fairly quickly IMO.

I haven't been here long but ffs to listen to some of the stuff on here you'd think the place was full of racists and racist apologists?

I just don't get that impression at all:what:

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yes. Disappointing 2 referees couldn't come to the conclusion he did. Was embarrassing all round. 

The barrier for VAR calling a dive a dive is so high it's ridiculous. Diving caused a massive controversy in the 2000s and it's gotten worse if anything, but now we finally have the tool to eradicate it, the authorities don't seem to care.

Even when it does get called correctly on VAR, it goes unpunished, so there's no reason not to try it from a player's point of view

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Ban the racist!

He’s not racist, he quoted racists.

He’s been given an official warning and been very publicly warned, just now.

And the other guy who was actually being a racist HAS been banned and the thread has been largely sanitised.

9 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I haven't been here long but ffs to listen to some of the stuff on here you'd think the place was full of racists and racist apologists?

I just don't get that impression at all:what:

It isn’t. And if someone is being racist, homophobic, bigoted & you report it to staff, it will be dealt with fairly quickly. This is a place for all kinds of football fans around the world, so as long as everyone plays nice with each other things are pleasant here.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s not racist, he quoted racists.

He’s been given an official warning and been very publicly warned, just now.

And the other guy who was actually being a racist HAS been banned and the thread has been largely sanitised.

It isn’t. And if someone is being racist, homophobic, bigoted & you report it to staff, it will be dealt with fairly quickly. This is a place for all kinds of football fans around the world, so as long as everyone plays nice with each other things are pleasant here.

This guy is mentality unstable, he just shouts racist to people. To try and win an argument that way, which has been made up in his head.    

The things that have been said are unacceptable on any platform, a warning is simply not good enough.

I will not be returning to this platform from now on.

2 hours ago, Panna King said:

This guy is mentality unstable, he just shouts racist to people. To try and win an argument that way, which has been made up in his head.    

The things that have been said are unacceptable on any platform, a warning is simply not good enough.

I will not be returning to this platform from now on.

I 100% agree with you that what was said was unacceptable on any platform (at least online) and that's why it's been removed.

I do think context matters and it's categorically undeniable he was not glorifying racist views. I do think he was having an argument with... nobody really... just the "anti-Liverpool mods" (and I'm probably the most biased pro-Liverpool poster on here... and I'm a mod xD) and he's crossed a line that's really unjustifiable because... he's not arguing with anyone.

But even in the context of the argument he was having with nobody, he wasn't saying anything pro-racist - if anything his point was that racism is bad and standing by racists is bad. That sentiment is probably something most of us agree with - racism is bad and standing by racists is bad. It's just the way he said it was 1.) unnecessary and inflammatory; 2.) unnecessary because it was an argument against nobody.

That's just my opinion, but I'm just one mod who was acting quick. I think we've probably got rules on what to do and I probably should go look those up and follow through with that. I also do think that the community as a whole should set the standard for what's acceptable - so if anyone disagrees with what I've done you can let me/the rest of the staff know. Perhaps via PM though, so as not to further derail this thread.

It's just a shame United can score 9 goals in one match and that's not the thing I'm most upset about in the match thread on here... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived