The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-1 Brighton - Wednesday 3rd February, 2021

football forums

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Curtis Jones coming on. Should have happened ten minutes ago. And coming on for Firmino...really poor game management from Klopp. 

Sacked in the morning?

This is worse than the Burnley performance. Absolutely shambolic stuff. Put ourselves in a good position to stay in the title talk and then we put another one of these performances in. Not a fucking chance we are winning the league, look hopeless against this tactic.  

And I’m sounding like a broken record, but what the actual fuck has Origi or Chamberlain contributed? 

Just now, Rick said:

This is worse than the Burnley performance. Absolutely shambolic stuff. Put ourselves in a good position to stay in the title talk and then we put another one of these performances in. Not a fucking chance we are winning the league, look hopeless. 

And I’m sounding like a broken record, but what the actual fuck has Origi or Chamberlain contributed? 

and firmino. 

Just now, Inverted said:

Origi plays like this, and Minamino is the one sent out on loan?

Did you just see that shit? Takes the ball off Robinson, then kicks it out. 

Klopp must have shagged his girlfriend or sister or mother or something. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

This is worse than the Burnley performance. Absolutely shambolic stuff. Put ourselves in a good position to stay in the title talk and then we put another one of these performances in. Not a fucking chance we are winning the league, look hopeless against this tactic.  

It's not just those two, tbh. We were told a certain world class midfielder would help us get past low blocks - but him playing regularly has coincided with our worst form of the year (not blaming him, mind you).

We've got players letting us down at every area of the pitch - it's tough to single anyone out.

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

About as much as the two they replaced. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's not just those two, tbh. We were told a certain world class midfielder would help us get past low blocks - but him playing regularly has coincided with our worst form of the year (not blaming him, mind you).

We've got players letting us down at every area of the pitch - it's tough to single anyone out.

Thing is though, we can’t change the whole 11. Why is Cutis Jones not on earlier? Then when he is brought on we bring off Firmino? This is just really bad management from Klopp. 

And Minamino being sent out on loan so Divock can play and do fuck all? It’s maddening to watch these things happen. Origi has about as much creativity in him as a foot stool. 

This result is absolutely pathetic. No bones about it. Lose on Sunday and it’s completely done. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

it has nothing to do with thiago. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Thing is though, we can’t change the whole 11. Why is Cutis Jones not on earlier? Then when he is brought on we bring off Firmino? This is just really bad management from Klopp. 

And Minamino being sent out on loan so Divock can play and do fuck all? It’s maddening to watch these things happen. Origi has about as much creativity in him as a foot stool. 

This result is absolutely pathetic. No bones about it. Lose on Sunday and it’s completely done. 

Tbf the squad is pretty depleted and it's not the first time that Jones has been used as a replacement for one of the front 3. 

With Minamino being sent out on loan rather than Divock... tbf to go out on loan you need someone to actually want to take a punt on you. We probably should have sold Divock after the cult hero season, where he's rightfully written his name in our history books in capital letters, but that was probably the peak of his value. What have we seen from him other than that season? Not a whole lot tbh.

I don't think we've got much of a chance at beating City on Sunday. And even if we do, I still think we'll be in a fight for top 4 and City will comfortably win the league this season.

Imo our season started unraveling very very early on... and I honestly can't ever remember us having an injury crisis like what we've experienced this season. So chances are, I think this is going to be a very frustrating season compared to the highs we've experienced over the past few years. It's already been a much harder season than the past 3 seasons.

Just now, UNIQUE said:

it has nothing to do with thiago. 

Idk how you can say that so emphatically. It's a team sport. This is a player that we were told would help us get passed sides that play a low block. Yet sides that play a low block are pretty much guaranteed a decent performance against us, if not a decent result - regardless of how much we keep the ball or how much we "create" if we aren't creating anything clear cut.

Everyone's got to do better when the team is playing that poorly.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Henderson needs to be back in the midfield pronto. Gini needs dropped for Jones. 

If Wijnaldum's not signing an extension with us, I think it might be time to drop him into a squad role. He went from being one of our best performers this season to one of our worst in this rough patch of form we've hit.

Sad to say, but maybe his heart's no longer in it and mentally he's already at Barca or wherever he's moving onto next.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Wijnaldum's not signing an extension with us, I think it might be time to drop him into a squad role. He went from being one of our best performers this season to one of our worst in this rough patch of form we've hit.

Sad to say, but maybe his heart's no longer in it and mentally he's already at Barca or wherever he's moving onto next.

Agreed. I think he has been horrible lately especially. Curtis Jones is part of this clubs future, and since Gini wants to go it seems like a no brained. Klopp is just a tad too loyal to players out of form, so I wouldn’t expect it to happen. 

Let's not make it all about Liverpool to be fair. Got to give massive credit to Brighton and Potter.

No coincidence that Brighton string some results together now they have kept four successive clean sheets. That wasn't happening earlier in the season.

These last few games has been more like the 'old' Brighton before they tried to change their style.

10pts from 12. Really eased the pressure for them. Back to back wins v Spurs and Liverpool has to be applauded to be fair.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf the squad is pretty depleted and it's not the first time that Jones has been used as a replacement for one of the front 3. 

With Minamino being sent out on loan rather than Divock... tbf to go out on loan you need someone to actually want to take a punt on you. We probably should have sold Divock after the cult hero season, where he's rightfully written his name in our history books in capital letters, but that was probably the peak of his value. What have we seen from him other than that season? Not a whole lot tbh.

I don't think we've got much of a chance at beating City on Sunday. And even if we do, I still think we'll be in a fight for top 4 and City will comfortably win the league this season.

Imo our season started unraveling very very early on... and I honestly can't ever remember us having an injury crisis like what we've experienced this season. So chances are, I think this is going to be a very frustrating season compared to the highs we've experienced over the past few years. It's already been a much harder season than the past 3 seasons.

Idk how you can say that so emphatically. It's a team sport. This is a player that we were told would help us get passed sides that play a low block. Yet sides that play a low block are pretty much guaranteed a decent performance against us, if not a decent result - regardless of how much we keep the ball or how much we "create" if we aren't creating anything clear cut.

Everyone's got to do better when the team is playing that poorly.

To be fair Thiago hasn't once started a game with the players everyone thought he would have by now. Instead of Fabinho, Hendo, Kieta etc, he's been playing most games in which we've been crap with a 35 year, a lad just from the under 21's... basically a makeshift team. He also hasn't had the security that VVD etc provide.

I wouldn't be ruling Thiago out just yet. He's going to turn out a fantastic signing.

Incredibly frustrating these results at home. None of these set ups are anything new though at Anfield. There's a number of reasons for these performances, injuries, playing at an incredible intensity for the last two seasons. So I'm not going to be too critical of this side. The title becomes very difficult now, I won't be giving up on them but I think it's just about making sure you get top four now and if a run gets you back in the title race then let's see. Very difficult now though

Archived