football forum

Onions  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Onions?

• Yes
    • No

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

Yeah, seen that. The lad done well chasing the ball then getting the try    :twothumbsup:    Like how you're showing your vino off in the centre of the photo      xD

Our son is sitting opposite next to the wife supping bottles of lager and he yelled out when they scored the try...so did the wife as she loves watching rugby xD

Back on topic

ONIONS HERE, ONIONS THERE, ONIONS HERE AND EVERYWHERE :banana:

TOMMY

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478uwlggafl31ymdlc3s 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I don't like onions, cheese or egg. They are the 3 things I fucking hate. 

Saying that if a certain dish has onion in and you don't know about it, that's different.

I also used to eat shitload of pickled onions. I can be weird when it comes to taste in food. I don't like butter on sandwiches, but have it on jacket potatoes or toast.

You don’t like cheese? I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like cheese. Cheese is  the grate-st, get it? Heheheh 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Toinho said:

You don’t like cheese? I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like cheese. Cheese is  the grate-st, get it? Heheheh 

You're asking for a ban

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

So, more than 1 in 4 members don't like onions,

Guess it not such a shocker to ask the good folk of Germany to leave the Onions out of my burger eh? :banana:

Try "Kein Knoblauch und keine Zwiebel bitte, ich will heute noch bumsen" the next time you're ordering :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Try "Kein Knoblauch und keine Zwiebel bitte, ich will heute noch bumsen" the next time you're ordering :ph34r:

Now Nudge, I'm looking at the second word here and thinking, I'd be better just taking a chance on my usual approach. 

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's also how you get a Hausverbot at your local Dönermann. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That's also how you get a Hausverbot at your local Dönermann. 

Only if your Dönermann doesn't have a sense of humour :P 

This one used it for PR on social media xD 

18491652_1431985846863551_2456784190836924543_o.jpg (526×526)

• Subscriber

@Whiskey, just had a lovely bowl of the wife's homemade vegetable soup sprinkled with black pepper and lots of chopped up ONIONS added, and bread and butter too for some dunking in the soup. :P

download.png.1add7efba45e0cbd3b198a4e3deb06a1.png

One of them was the onions we bought the other day at Tesco's.

download (1).png

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

can't beat a bit of bread dunking mate. I indulge often myself especially in homemade scotch broth.

Nothing better on a cold winter's day than having a nice warming soup with a bit of lightly-toasted bread to dip in. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nothing better on a cold winter's day than having a nice warming soup with a bit of lightly-toasted bread to dip in. 

agree 100% about the soup but I'm a simple man Stan. Couple of slices of bread & butter for me. Tbh, that's the first I have heard of anyone toasting bread for soup dipping.

1 minute ago, Devil said:

I'd never had French Onion soup until I went to Paris in 2017 and it was served as as starter.

Blew my mind how good it was. 

I've never had it at all. Don't fancy it as it sounds as if it would be too watery.

Just now, Pugwash said:

I've never had it at all. Don't fancy it as it sounds as if it would be too watery.

It's thicker and it's full of flavour and they cover it with a huge chunk of bread and cheese. 

Honestly it's amazing mate. 

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

agree 100% about the soup but I'm a simple man Stan. Couple of slices of bread & butter for me. Tbh, that's the first I have heard of anyone toasting bread for soup dipping.

Nah, that's lovely too and the wife loves the toasted bit, she got me into that one in my army days when we first got married in Germany, come home from a 4-week regimental exercise in the Black Forrest in wintertime, drive into camp on a Friday afternoon then de-kit, store the vehicles in the camp compound then head off home.

Always remember walking into the German flat we had and smell the soup (and onions xD) bubbling away, strip off my army kit, a bit of a slap and tickle :whistling: then sit down with the soup and a bottle of wine beside us, then get ready after and head off to the local German boozer just across the road from us called Die Allegra, and that was us for the weekend, flat, soup, boozer then back on duty on a Monday morning Oh, and a little bit more of the slap and tickle. :D

Archived