Onions

football forum

Onions  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Onions?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Nah, that's lovely too and the wife loves the toasted bit, she got me onto that one in my army days when we first got married in Germany, come home from a 4-week regimental exercise in the Black Forrest in wintertime, drive into camp on a Friday afternoon then de-kit, store the vehicles in the camp compound then head off home.

Always remember walking into the German flat we had and smell the soup (and onions xD) bubbling away, strip off my army kit, a bit of a slap and tickle :whistling: then sit down with the soup and a bottle of wine beside us, then get ready after and head off to the local German boozer just across the road from us called Die Allegra, and that was us for the weekend, flat, soup, boozer then back on duty on a Monday morning Oh, and a little bit more of the slap and tickle. :D

Lots of slap & tickle, very little toast     xD

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Devil said:

It's thicker and it's full of flavour and they cover it with a huge chunk of bread and cheese. 

Honestly it's amazing mate. 

I had that when me and my GF went to Paris 3 years ago.

Unbelievable Jeff...

20210316_155543.thumb.jpg.2e5fce53f342909758004874ce044dbd.jpg

59 minutes ago, Devil said:

Looks amazing. 

It was. The French are the masters at food. There I said it. Me and my GF had some unbelievable dishes over there.

Our favourites were easily the Pork Mignon and she had Beef Bourguignon, which was spot on too.

20210316_170142.thumb.jpg.13da1e801fba7e7360ba94ef6678d015.jpg

20210316_170200.thumb.jpg.15cf65eaa71c940c044620a256b66f3b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It was. The French are the masters at food. There I said it.

Me and my GF had some unbelievable dishes over there. My favourite was easily the Pork Mignon and she had Beef dish which was spot on too.

Tasty......

The food that is I'd never say anything as shocking as that about someone's missus 😂😉

Food looks amazing mate. I actually love Paris, very expensive but plenty to do and like you say the food is quality. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I had that when me and my GF went to Paris 3 years ago.

Unbelievable Jeff...

20210316_155543.thumb.jpg.2e5fce53f342909758004874ce044dbd.jpg

16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It was. The French are the masters at food. There I said it. Me and my GF had some unbelievable dishes over there.

Our favourites were easily the Pork Mignon and she had Beef Bourguignon, which was spot on too.

Enough!!!! My T shirt is soaking due to the salivating. If you had left any I'd have licked the plates clean    xD

• 1 year later...
On 13/03/2021 at 22:58, Tommy said:

They are such a big part of everything I cook. Onions are such an integral part of the most famous and delicious dishes. Personally I can't fathom how anyone can dislike it, but apparently we have a few "special cases" on here. 

Fried onions in a gourmet burger is amazing. I actually like onions on a donner kebab. Shame I gave donners up a couple of years back.

On 15/03/2021 at 23:18, Dr. Gonzo said:

There are people that don’t like cheese? How? Why?

This is weird but I can only eat cheese melted on toast or in a panini. I can't eat raw cheese either sliced or grated. I can't stand fried eggs or boiled eggs. But I can eat eggs scrambled  or an omelette.

26 minutes ago, MUFC said:

This is weird but I can only eat cheese melted on toast or in a panini. I can't eat raw cheese either sliced or grated. I can't stand fried eggs or boiled eggs. But I can eat eggs scrambled  or an omelette.

Nothing surprises me with you. 

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

As your doctor I prescribe you a trip to Italy stat 

9 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

There is a myth here that when visiting a new place you should eat the onions grown there as they have an antibiotic effect that aids your immunity from the local diseases. 

Weird you say this as I read something long the same lines regarding honey, or I might be wrong? From a training site, discussing the pros of taking honey. Have copy and pasted what he said, could be a load of bollocks.

If you have allergies, honey can be beneficial. If you eat honey that is local to your area, it may prevent your seasonal allergies. Bees use the pollen from local plants and eventually it ends up in your honey.

Archived