talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Travelling to Japan

football forum

Can anyone give me any travel advice for travelling to Japan?

I know it doesn't seen you standard destination hence why I'm kind of looking for advice really. 

Ideally I'd like to go to two place Ozaka and Tokyo. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Devil said:

Can anyone give me any travel advice for travelling to Japan?

I know it doesn't seen you standard destination hence why I'm kind of looking for advice really. 

Ideally I'd like to go to two place Ozaka and Tokyo. 

This for 2022 or later? Haha 

What do you want to know? Osaka and Tokyo are definitely two of the most popular destinations. I’ve only been to Osaka once but I lived not too far from Tokyo so happy to field any questions.

@DeadLinesman For the record, I didn’t just “teach English” there, I was a primary school teacher at an International School ;)

• Subscriber

I was there for about 2 weeks almost a decade ago, I have two cousins that live there (married/divorced with kids) one lives in Osaka and the other Chigasaki. My brothers been there 4 or 5 times as well, I can try and help :) 

36 minutes ago, Toinho said:

This for 2022 or later? Haha 

What do you want to know? Osaka and Tokyo are definitely two of the most popular destinations. I’ve only been to Osaka once but I lived not too far from Tokyo so happy to field any questions.

@DeadLinesman For the record, I didn’t just “teach English” there, I was a primary school teacher at an International School ;)

I'd be taking my kids and wife, my teenager is obsessed with Japan so I thought as a reward for making into the Uni she wanted I'd look into a trip to Japan. 

2022 hopefully. 

I'd like to go to Ozaka because we love theme parks and Universal is there and Mario land. 

Truth be told I don't even know where to start, I know Emirates can do you a package but I wouldn't know where is best to go or stay as a tourist. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Devil said:

I'd be taking my kids and wife, my teenager is obsessed with Japan so I thought as a reward for making into the Uni she wanted I'd look into a trip to Japan. 

2022 hopefully. 

I'd like to go to Ozaka because we love theme parks and Universal is there and Mario land. 

Truth be told I don't even know where to start, I know Emirates can do you a package but I wouldn't know where is best to go or stay as a tourist. 

You can easily spend a couple weeks in Tokyo. You mention a teenager, how old is the other kid(s)? Disney Sea is a place for all ages anyways I would say thats worth a day itself, just outside of Tokyo if memory serves, teenager + oriented, they did an absolutely amazing show in the water at night as well as some cool rides and themes. In Tokyo my buddy did a mario cart ride at night looked pretty sweet. I was able to see a sumo tourne in Tokyo while I was there idk anything about schedules or timing if it lines up but that was something super unique Id highly recommend. Kyoto is beautiful - the big place for temples theres alot to see there as well. The Japanese train system is super efficient but highly confusing. The bullet trains though if youre traveling throughout Japan are the way to go for example I did a day trip to Hiroshima - at the time I want to say was about 100 cad for the ticket and there was 2 different ranges and speeds you could go on a faster one too If i recall but it was super efficient. 

29 minutes ago, Devil said:

2022 hopefully. 

From what I've heard from a few people that've been to Japan, getting around the country is pretty fucking easy - so you could probably easily swing seeing both places you want to see. And probably more, time permitting.

I've always wanted to go, but I've never been.

2 hours ago, Devil said:

2022 hopefully. 

Yeah Mario Land is due to open or just has. Osaka is a wonderful place. How long would you be going for? 

@Viva la FCB has given some pretty good advice. Not sure about the UK, but in Australia there is access to a train pass. after work today I’ll have a look and give some suggestions depending on your time frame. Sure companies can do packages and trips for you but I’ve always built my own trips as I find that fun and you can go where you want and when you want etc. 

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Yeah Mario Land is due to open or just has. Osaka is a wonderful place. How long would you be going for? 

@Viva la FCB has given some pretty good advice. Not sure about the UK, but in Australia there is access to a train pass. after work today I’ll have a look and give some suggestions depending on your time frame. Sure companies can do packages and trips for you but I’ve always built my own trips as I find that fun and you can go where you want and when you want etc. 

I would only be going for two weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Devil said:

What time of the year would you advise? 

depends what you’re after

spring for the cherry blossoms and nice weather 

summer for traditional festivals and great weather for mountains/beaches etc 

autumn for the foliage 

winter for snowboarding/skiing 

10 hours ago, Toinho said:

depends what you’re after

spring for the cherry blossoms and nice weather 

summer for traditional festivals and great weather for mountains/beaches etc 

autumn for the foliage 

winter for snowboarding/skiing 

If I was going it would be to sight see so I'd want good weather, winter ruled out. 

Spring sounds nice as I'd imagine it's a very busy place during the summer months. 

Archived