talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Time Do You Go To Bed?

football forum

2 hours ago, Devil said:

How do you find working from home?

I did it for a short period last year and couldn't stand it. The office we worked in wasn't big enough to keep us all in so three of us were chosen to work from home due to our responsibilities requiring the office space least but I found I felt like a complete outsider and I also felt the people who remained in the office resented those who were at home. 

Add the fact the kids were at home at that time as well, it was a total nightmare and I was actually relieved when they placed us all on furlough. 

I've done it now continuously for 13 months and for the most part have found it decent. With 2 and 5 year old kids there's been huge upside, in being able to drop the 5 yo at school every day and chit chat with some other parents etc. It would have otherwise been grandmother dropoff 5 days per week.

Also get to see the littler one more. I've been completely efficient and my company are probably getting 5 extra hours out of me so no issues there.

What I really miss is getting to the gym in my lunch break 2 days a week (not realistic from home), Friday afternoon drinks at the pub near work. 

I shouldn't say this but i miss female co-workers as well. Just those slightly cheeky but totally harmless platonic friendships that can brighten up a day at the office.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Start work at 08:00, so out of bed for around 07:30 to get ready, wash etc and commute (I work 10 mins away from my house, when Covid is over). 

That's genuinely unbelievable mate. 8pm lights out, 7.30am lights on. 

And your due a newborn... That will definitely throw a spanner in your routine....

1 hour ago, nudge said:

If I went to bed at 20:00 everyone would think I'm gravely ill... 

I'd need to be gravely ill to sleep that long. Seriously, if I even tried my body would reject it faster than a badly harvested organ.

I used to go to bed around 10:30-11 pre-covid. But working at home has blended my work life and my home life together far too much.

I don’t typically ever go to bed at the same time but I don’t think I sleep enough anymore

3 hours ago, Harry said:

That's genuinely unbelievable mate. 8pm lights out, 7.30am lights on. 

And your due a newborn... That will definitely throw a spanner in your routine....

Was gonna say, he’s dreaming if he thinks he will even get 50% of that sleep time! Sounds like he has slept enough for 20 years though. ;) 

before kids id go to sleep between 8:30 and 9:30 on a week night. Weekend if I’m at home probably like 10-11. I cannot sleep in though - never been able to. Even if I got home drunk at 5am I’d be up at like 8 or 9. Those days are long gone though!! 

I sleep from 11 or 12 til 7-7.30 like clockwork at the moment. Even on weekends, I don't like to burn too much daylight, but I also don't like to get to bed too early. 

I usually have a nap and wank or two after lunch as a refresher before diving back into study. Usually that whole song and dance goes about an hour or 90 minutes. 

• Subscriber

Depends, if I am having a wee drink maybe after midnight, not drinking and it all depends on what's on tv around 23.00 hrs or before, nothing worth watching then off to bed around 23.00 hrs and then read a book until I crash out.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Depends, if I am having a wee drink maybe after midnight, not drinking and it all depends on what's on tv around 23.00 hrs or before, nothing worth watching then off to bed around 23.00 hrs and then read a book until I crash out.

You one of them that drinks your own piss? Heard it can be healthy for you.

Archived