talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 0-3 Liverpool - Saturday 3rd April, 2021

football forum

16 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I realize you're probably the best team hunting 4th place, but if everyone around you wins games in hand You're 8th. That's a lot of teams you need to out perform to get there...

I was talking if Jota wasn't out for three months, we wouldn't be worrying if we'd finish top four

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we would of been better of sticking with Emery. We were on a bad run but I think we would be better of now. Technically we have made abit of progress but that is only because we were so bad last year. I dont like to sack managers all the time I dont think its beneficial but does anyone seriously see arsenal being a good team under arteta. I seriously doubt it 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think we would of been better of sticking with Emery. We were on a bad run but I think we would be better of now. Technically we have made abit of progress but that is only because we were so bad last year. I dont like to sack managers all the time I dont think its beneficial but does anyone seriously see arsenal being a good team under arteta. I seriously doubt it 

You have to draw the line somewhere, how many matches really can you think have been good under Arteta?  I can only really think of a few but his home form has been shocking with his negative tactics with no plan what so ever.  He is a novice coach coming to an Arsenal team that needs work and clearly its too big for him.  We need experience to built the team back up and organised playing a certain way but Im done watching this now from Arteta as its nearly every week and the only thing that has saved him is that there are no fans. 

Apart from The coach who we all know about and the issues concerning him, there are other areas in the club they need to be sorted out.  Arsenal need to make some serious changes in the summer which would also be big financial losses but it just sums how the club is run, also people like Edu need to be accountable for it as he has done absolutely nothing apart from waste money on shit!

Pepe, Gabriel, Luiz, holding, xhaka, Bellerin  they are all shit players who constantly put poor performances in making the same mistakes time after time letting the team down every game. Chambers is not good enough, players like him are ok squad players but realistically they need to be off loaded to be able to buy better. Ceballos and Odegaard will be going back to Real Madrid, I cannot see us signing them.  What I can see being the problem is Auba who is getting old and has gone now like Ozil a problem player on huge wages with a 3 year contract! cannot believe it is happening again, we need to somehow off load him in the summer. 

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I was talking if Jota wasn't out for three months, we wouldn't be worrying if we'd finish top four

Such a good signing. Jota will be a big part for Liverpool for years to come.

I also think that if Fabinho wasn't moved to CB, Liverpool would've been in a better place in the standings. 

Anyway, Liverpool is a serious contender for the Champions League title.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think the problem with Emery he was an easy target due to the language barrier, he did do a great job to try and get understood but it just seemed to go over everyones head.  I think his 2nd season he had players bought for him that he didnt want, that was very clear with Pepe as Emery even said it after he left Arsenal that he wanted Zaha and he thought the club were going for him but instead signed Pepe who he never wanted.  its difficult to be a coach in that situation when you have players that you dont want and under pressure to play them by the board.  With Arteta he knew the situation when he walked in the club and the power at the top was getting swapped around alot during the second season of Emery who suffered from it.  

35 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I also think that if Fabinho wasn't moved to CB, Liverpool would've been in a better place in the standings. 

I agree with you, I wish we’d given Phillips more chances earlier and kept Fabinho in the midfield.

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

We still have probably the worst centre back partnership of the teams still in it though. We look a lot better defensively with Fabinho back in midfield, but I continue to think this year is just about making sure we qualify for CL and position ourselves to bounce back next year when the stadiums are full and football is proper back

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

We still have probably the worst centre back partnership of the teams still in it though. We look a lot better defensively with Fabinho back in midfield, but I continue to think this year is just about making sure we qualify for CL and position ourselves to bounce back next year when the stadiums are full and football is proper back

I agree, qualifying for the next CL should be the goal. The financial impact of staying out of the Champions League is huge and FSG probably counts on that revenue.  

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Arsenal just seem to oscillate under Arteta. 1 step forward, 2 steps back, 3 steps forward, 2 steps back, etc. etc. If you're being generous you could point out that the rest of the team has improved enough to offset the sudden drop-off from Aubameyang but they just seem to have a real lack of any consistent top-level players. Said it earlier this season that Arsenal can't expect to go toe to toe with the real contenders when in reality, who would Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd take from Arsenal if they could? Not many. In the past you always had you Van Persies, Ramseys, Sanchez(es?) but they seem to have dried up.

But they only had one van Persie, one Ramsey, and one Sanchez.

6 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Re Fabinho, with hindsight I agree. I can absolutely understand why Klopp went with him there earlier in the season though when you consider what the alternatives were. Phillips and Kabak have proved capable though when better protected with Fabinho in front and the full backs playing a slightly less adventurous role. 

I honestly think Nat Phillips could have.a future with us, provided Fabinho is in midfield.

And I don’t think I’d have ever have said that before the season started. Kabak is also looking pretty decent.

I’m imagining a healthy Virgil and Nat Phillips filling in for Gomez... for some reason... and it just looking really shut trying to win headers against them.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I honestly think Nat Phillips could have.a future with us, provided Fabinho is in midfield.

And I don’t think I’d have ever have said that before the season started. Kabak is also looking pretty decent.

I’m imagining a healthy Virgil and Nat Phillips filling in for Gomez... for some reason... and it just looking really shut trying to win headers against them.

Honestly, I think people who think this are mad. I might come across like I'm not giving Phillips enough credit. He's done well and as well as could be expected but Liverpool are playing differently to how they would if Van Dijk was there, even Gomez or Matip. The two CBs are well protected by Fabinho and the full backs. I really don't think Fabinho and Trent in particular have had enough credit for their performances in our last three games.

There's a reason Liverpool are looking to sign a CB with pace and ability on the ball. Kabak is starting to show more confidence and ability on the ball so I could see Liverpool possibly making him permanent. I'd be shocked if Phillips is here beyond the summer though

• The topic was unpinned

Honestly, I think people who think this are mad. I might come across like I'm not giving Phillips enough credit. He's done well and as well as could be expected but Liverpool are playing differently to how they would if Van Dijk was there, even Gomez or Matip. The two CBs are well protected by Fabinho and the full backs. I really don't think Fabinho and Trent in particular have had enough credit for their performances in our last three games.

There's a reason Liverpool are looking to sign a CB with pace and ability on the ball. Kabak is starting to show more confidence and ability on the ball so I could see Liverpool possibly making him permanent. I'd be shocked if Phillips is here beyond the summer though

I think you’re underestimating how important it is to have a different kind of centre back available though. I think Phillips is better on the ball than your giving him credit for, though, I agree that his mobility is nowhere near Gomez & Van Dijk. Still, he is strong, deals with headers very well and doesn’t mess about trying to do things he knows he can’t do.

I think he is worth a place in the squad for next season. And if Klopp doesn’t agree, I don’t think he will have to drop down to the Championship to get a team, there will be suitors in this league for him after how well he has done. 

All I know for sure is that lad from Preston we signed has to be totally shite

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I think you’re underestimating how important it is to have a different kind of centre back available though. I think Phillips is better on the ball than your giving him credit for, though, I agree that his mobility is nowhere near Gomez & Van Dijk. Still, he is strong, deals with headers very well and doesn’t mess about trying to do things he knows he can’t do.

I think he is worth a place in the squad for next season. And if Klopp doesn’t agree, I don’t think he will have to drop down to the Championship to get a team, there will be suitors in this league for him after how well he has done. 

So Liverpool are signing Kabak and Konate as well as keeping Phillips? I can't see it

36 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

So Liverpool are signing Kabak and Konate as well as keeping Phillips? I can't see it

Out of Phillips and Kabak I wouldn’t say the latter has been the better of the two. 

• Administrator

Slightly concerned Kabak got to play in this game. Soyuncu tested positive and was still in Turkey as of yesterday, isolating there. Kabak played in the same game as Soyuncu yet came back home and didn't have to isolate?

Hope I'm not missing something! Guessing Kabak was able to provide a negative test to fly back and also on return to the UK? Same goes for any other Turkish players that played this weekend!

7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Tbf I was very drunk when I typed that out

Archived