14/09/2020 - Brighton 1-3 Chelsea
01/01/2020 Brighton 1-1 Chelsea
28/09/2019 - Chelsea 2-0 Brighton

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well this game represents a serious moral dilemma.

Should be backing Brighton like Neville was for Leeds last night. 

Quite a few Chelsea fans out there hoping for a Brighton win tonight... 

I feel sorry for all these players and managers that have been caught up in the crossfire over this.. They will still be expected to put their best foot forward despite what's going on and out of their control.. Fan anger is being directed at the clubs as a whole rather than the few individuals that have allowed this to happen within those clubs... I should imagine I would be feeling a bit numb as a player or manager not really knowing what the outcome is going to be for my career at this moment in time... 

Tuchel’s pre-match press conference for Brighton was cut short after being dominated by Super League debate.

He said: “I totally understand the emotion on this and you want more response from Chelsea. I can absolutely understand every single argument, but it has to be clear that I am not the guy for these questions. I am not part of the board or these decisions.

“I can understand that you want more answers to get the bigger picture, but I am clearly not the guy. I coach the team to get results on the pitch and tomorrow against Brighton. I can understand that this does not satisfy you.”

Tuchel was also questioned about the response of Chelsea fans after Sunday’s announcement.

41 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Quite a few Chelsea fans out there hoping for a Brighton win tonight... 

I feel sorry for all these players and managers that have been caught up in the crossfire over this.. They will still be expected to put their best foot forward despite what's going on and out of their control.. Fan anger is being directed at the clubs as a whole rather than the few individuals that have allowed this to happen within those clubs... I should imagine I would be feeling a bit numb as a player or manager not really knowing what the outcome is going to be for my career at this moment in time... 

The players and manager are in an unfortunate position. It’s the club being protested and they’re the most visible representatives of the club. Unfair for them, tbh, this wasn’t their decision and they’re the players most impacted by this.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Reports suggesting Chelsea are pulling out.

Regardless of what Chelsea or City do now ( or any of the other clubs for that matter ) the damage has been done... Getting them to do a U-turn could be considered a victory by the fans but the owners have shown their true colours... 

• The title was changed to West London Blues 0-0 Brighton - Tuesday 20th April, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived