Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

    The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Belgium 3-0 Russia - Saturday 12th June, 2021


football forums

Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Eco said:

Alright Lukaku, if you are playing tonight, I need you to score for Eriksen.

Forza Inter.

Why wouldn’t he play? I don’t think Lukaku is so weak minded to crumble into the foetal position because some guy he plays football with isn’t feeling well.

Lampard played when his mother died, Jon Mikel played when his dad was kidnapped by criminals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the Russia didn’t take the knee, why do Euros even do it anyway? what is even the statement they are making?

I understand why Americans started it, because they are protesting injustices and in a way the negative aspects of Americna culture and history, and as of right now teams haven’t done it in a  while. And hell, I fully support their protests

Seems like a weird importation and imitation of Americanisms to me, and you’ve made it a bigger deal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Belgium will coast this group. Got a right bit of luck with this draw.

I know Denmark had a lot on their plate today but even before Eriksen's collapse, they were a bit average.

Russia are shite.

Finland got a bit of a smash and grab. They are shite.

Belgium could rest KDB and Hazard through to the 2nd round if they wished, its that weak a group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spike said:

So the Russia didn’t take the knee, why do Euros even do it anyway? what is even the statement they are making?

I understand why Americans started it, because they are protesting injustices and in a way the negative aspects of Americna culture and history, and as of right now teams haven’t done it in a  while. And hell, I fully support their protests

Seems like a weird importation and imitation of Americanisms to me, and you’ve made it a bigger deal

 

It's funny to see american journos on Twitter implying Russia is a uniquely racist nation simply because their players didn't take a knee. 

Those dudes carry water for american cultural imperialism and don't even realize it. Russia is a country with a completely different historical path and society composition than that of the United States, it's unfair to judge an entire society based solely on this episode.

 

The population of african descent in Russia is very small. Sure, there is racism in Russia but it's directed mostly against  Central Asia immigrants. 

They also completely ignore the fact that Soviet Union has supported many decolonization movements in Africa.

Not to mention the fact that Russia was playing Belgium, a country that is still ruled by relatives of freaking Leopold II.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Why wouldn’t he play? I don’t think Lukaku is so weak minded to crumble into the foetal position because some guy he plays football with isn’t feeling well.

Lampard played when his mother died, Jon Mikel played when his dad was kidnapped by criminals

I don't think anyone would have thought less of him if Eriksen's condition was worse. They are obviously close on Inter. Good for Lampard, but everyone is different and seeing such a horrific accident (which at the time looked A LOT worse), doesn't make anyone 'weak' minded if they don't think they can play at the level needed.

The fact that you think it's 'weak' minded is pretty pathetic really. You don't know them so why judge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't think anyone would have thought less of him if Eriksen's condition was worse. They are obviously close on Inter. Good for Lampard, but everyone is different and seeing such a horrific accident (which at the time looked A LOT worse), doesn't make anyone 'weak' minded if they don't think they can play at the level needed.

The fact that you think it's 'weak' minded is pretty pathetic really. You don't know them so why judge?

You didn't get my point at all. Thanks for calling me pathetic. You're telling me not to judge yet you're judging me right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Spike said:

You didn't get my point at all. Thanks for calling me pathetic.

Never called you pathetic, but your view on the situation rather pathetic.

I read your point and that you stated...'Lukaku is so weak minded to crumble into the foetal position because some guy he plays football with isn’t feeling well." which I do think is a pretty pathetic way to think about. Someone struggling with a tragedy and taking some time away from their job doesn't make them weak minded. I would assume with all the conversation regarding mental health and taking care of yourself would have eliminated such views as these, so I can only hope they were made in jest, or you are just reacting to the aftermath in which Eriksen is in stable condition and not feared dead like when this post was written.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Well this is a bit shit

 

 

 

Have to admit when they collided my first thought was jesus not another tragedy because it was that bad. 

Bad day for footy. 

Hated the game as well, no matter how good Belgium are I just don't enjoy watching them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eco said:

Never called you pathetic, but your view on the situation rather pathetic.

I read your point and that you stated...'Lukaku is so weak minded to crumble into the foetal position because some guy he plays football with isn’t feeling well." which I do think is a pretty pathetic way to think about. Someone struggling with a tragedy and taking some time away from their job doesn't make them weak minded. I would assume with all the conversation regarding mental health and taking care of yourself would have eliminated such views as these, so I can only hope they were made in jest, or you are just reacting to the aftermath in which Eriksen is in stable condition and not feared dead like when this post was written.

Is it? Because you don't seem to even understand what I said, you just got angry and judgemental. I posted this when Eriksen was already responsive so it was more akin to 'why would he not play? His friend is alive'

PS Good for Lampard? Weird thing to say, his mother died.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Sign up or subscribe to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...