• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - Netherlands 0-2 Czech Republic - Sunday 27th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Panna King said:

Will be a test as we are playing in Romania,  I believe we will have enough to win as Austria and Ukraine are probably on par with Czechs. 

You are not playing in Romania, you are playing in Hungary. Budapest is the capital of Hungary. Bucharest is the capital of Romania. ;)

I feel like the Dutch are building a bit of momentum. They have had very little scares bar the first game and have some players hitting good form in Depay, Wijnaldum and Dumfries.

Personally think they'll have just a bit too much for the Czechs who will make it difficult, but probably don't have enough cutting edge.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

This game feels like dejavu from years back.

That 3-2 game in Euro 2004 was one of the best matches I've seen.

Literally 90mins of end to end attacking.

To come from 2-0 and win 3-2, that Czech side were special and should have been contesting the final really.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That 3-2 game in Euro 2004 was one of the best matches I've seen.

Literally 90mins of end to end attacking.

To come from 2-0 and win 3-2, that Czech side were special and should have been contesting the final really.

Didnt help we had a player sent off early as well

3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Didnt help we had a player sent off early as well

Are you thinking of the same game?

Heitinga was sent off with 15mins to go, and you nearly saw it out till the last minute.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Are you thinking of the same game?

Heitinga was sent off with 15mins to go, and you nearly saw it out till the last minute.

Yea I was thinking of the one a few years ago which was 3-2 also.  The 2004 was Dick Advocaat's fault for taking Robben off after 60 minutes for Paul Bosvelt xD

The Czech Republic have come to a bizarre roadblock in their preparations for the last-16, having to disembark their plane to Budapest after its door couldn't close. 

Having finished second to England in Group D, the Czech team face a table-topping side in Holland in the second round, due to kick-off at 5pm UK time in the Puskas Arena on Sunday. 

The Czech squad have been flying between matches on a private plane this summer, but they were grounded when the inflatable emergency slide was accidentally deployed. 

44705559-9727959-image-a-14_162471066445

• The topic was unpinned

Archived