• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Burnley - Saturday 21st August, 2021

football forum

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I just found the “they’re back” comment funny. Were United back last week against Leeds just wondering? ;) 

Great pass but TAA though. Carry on! 

Yeah, I think you've read too much into that. Definitely reaching xD

I was insinuating by their standards compared to last season. Liverpool look so much better.

Remember Burnley beat them last season at Anfield, that's how average Liverpool were.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I think you've read too much into that. Definitely reaching xD

I was insinuating by their standards compared to last season. Liverpool look so much better.

Remember Burnley beat them last season at Anfield, that's how average Liverpool were.

Aye they do look alright to be fair. I’ve had a rum. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Tsimikas is having none of the Burnley BS. Good on him too hes been very good today.

Between him, Elliott & Van Dijk as MOTM I reckon.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Liverpool getting a bit complacent here, gsme won for sure, but fair play to Burnley not giving up and had a couple of good chances! One of the first times I’ve seen a full 90 of Matip, very impressed. 

Alisson done well to keep the clean sheet.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Tsimikas is having none of the Burnley BS. Good on him too hes been very good today.

Yeah, he's a great back up for Robertson. 

Also..If we can keep Matip fit we have the second best CB in the league after VVD. He's quality. 

Elliott looks like a player.

We look hungry again and it will take an amazing run for anyone to finish above us this season is my prediction.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Between him, Elliott & Van Dijk as MOTM I reckon.

I'd drop Trent in there too. It was a good overall performance and we're slowly getting back to a fully fit squad too.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Also..If we can keep Matip fit we have the second best CB in the league after VVD. He's quality. 

This is the big question. I think hes been very good since the start of the season and is such a different defender to VVD which is what makes that partnership work so well. Seeing Joe back on the pitch today was also a good sign. 

Can't wait for Chelsea now.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, he's a great back up for Robertson. 

Elliott looks like a player.

We look hungry again and it will take an amazing run for anyone to finish above us this season is my prediction.

I don't think Matip gets anywhere near enough plaudits, especially from outside of Liverpool. Understandable when he's playing next to Van Dijk but like you say he's brilliant

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think Matip gets anywhere near enough plaudits, especially from outside of Liverpool. Understandable when he's playing next to Van Dijk but like you say he's brilliant

Not quite 2nd best in the league though. 

Ruben Dias, Thiago Silva and now Raphael Varane I think are better. In my humble opinion.

Some people played down the centre back issue for Liverpool last season but just look at that second goal and the positions of the full backs. They wouldn't have been anywhere near as high up without Van Dijk and Matip there. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived