Last 3 Meetings
11/04/2021 - West Ham 3-2 Leicester
04/10/2020 - Leicester 0-3 West Ham
22/01/2020 - Leicester 4-1 West Ham

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Said when I saw our fixtures were out I wanted 7 from the first 3. This was the game I pinned as the likely draw. We performed worse against these than anybody last season so I feel like it's a bad matchup. Home crowd back. It will be tough.

• Administrator

Vestergaard already injured. Our defensive woes continue. It's getting beyond ridiculous now.

Bertrand, Evans, Justin, Vestergaard, Fofana all out injured, and Castagne just getting back to fitness.

Probably means we line-up like this:

Schmeichel

Pereira - Amartey - Soyuncu - Thomas

Ndidi - Tielemans

Perez - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

If Soyuncu gets injured we're royally screwed in central defence. 

With how physical West Ham can be, it wouldn't surprise me if Soumare played instead of Maddison. 

Very glad to have Barnes back, as well as Pereira for this game. We missed their energy and wing-play in the 3-2 game last season.

Sounds weird but with how good West Ham can be, and our injuries, I'd be satisfied with a draw. Even if we win, it won't be comfortable. Could be a good game for the neutral though.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Vestergaard already injured. Our defensive woes continue. It's getting beyond ridiculous now.

Bertrand, Evans, Justin, Vestergaard, Fofana all out injured, and Castagne just getting back to fitness.

Schmeichel

Ndidi - Tielemans

Vardy

With how physical West Ham can be, it wouldn't surprise me if Soumare played instead of Maddison. 

Very glad to have Barnes back, as well as Pereira for this game. We missed their energy and wing-play in the 3-2 game last season.

Sounds weird but with how good West Ham can be, and our injuries, I'd be satisfied with a draw. Even if we win, it won't be comfortable. Could be a good game for the neutral though.

Spot on about the neutral, this match actually interests me.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Schmeichel

Ndidi - Tielemans

Vardy

Spot on about the neutral, this match actually interests me.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Rick said:

Perez needs to be off. 

And he is. I don’t care if he is off balance, he was reckless there. He could have avoided that contact. 

Not sure how he could have avoided the contact given he was off balance and pushed. 

It's dangerous so I think it is a red. Endangered the opponent. 

But don't think you can just not care he's off balance. Cos that's literally what happened. 

Just now, Stan said:

Not sure how he could have avoided the contact given he was off balance and pushed. 

It's dangerous so I think it is a red. Endangered the opponent. 

But don't think you can just not care he's off balance. Cos that's literally what happened. 

Just go down on the floor, easily could have just went to ground and avoided it all together. He see’s Fornels is there, yet off balanced , he  still goes in to win the ball, that’s pretty reckless. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Just go down on the floor, easily could have just went to ground and avoided it all together. He see’s Fornels is there, yet off balanced , he  still goes in to win the ball, that’s pretty reckless. 

I don't see that he sees Fornals is there. From the replay they just showed on Sky, you can't see his eyes. 

Also, a player going in to win the ball is never a reckless thing. 

Players get criticised for going down easily. I don't think Perez should have gone down. I don't think there was intent there. 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't see that he sees Fornals is there. From the replay they just showed on Sky, you can't see his eyes. 

Also, a player going in to win the ball is never a reckless thing. 

Players get criticised for going down easily. I don't think Perez should have gone down. I don't think there was intent there. 

I’m not saying there was intent. I just think going into a challenge when you’re off balance is never a good idea. 

• The title was changed to West Ham 4-1 Leicester City - Monday 23rd August, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived