• Created
  • Last Reply

So far so good, for my club.

Steer

Guilbert  Tuanzebe  Hause  Targett

Hourihane  Marvelous Nakamba

Philogene-Bidace Chukwuemeka  El Ghazi

Archer

Seems pretty much the 2nd choice team, except El Ghazi right now.

For all the arrivals, it still feels a similar story.

Enough to breeze past majority of lower league sides in early cup rounds.

Perhaps not much going on there that would trouble the Premier League top half sides if came off the bench needing an equaliser.

• Subscriber

Looks like we're having an interesting night. Moise Kean got himself a straight red and Richarlison and DCL have been fully left out of the squad because Richarlison hasn't had a summer break and Calvert-Lewin is nursing a toe injury, so now it's Iwobi up top in a 4-4-1 xD.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I was a bit surprised to see he left you lot... Thought he looked pretty decent in the games I saw him in

I think some opinions about him have been quite harsh. Yes, his finishing was often very disappointing, but he's also only 21 years old and was played out of position most of the time in a club which struggled with relegation for years. I like him, as he always worked his socks off in every match, and I think he's got potential to become a very decent striker.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

as he always worked his socks off in every match

That's what I liked about him... whenever I saw him he seemed like a bit of a handful, can't comment on his finished product because I have not seen enough of him obviously... 

We completed far more passes this evening than we did in any game last season.

Shows how pointless these stats can be if you've got nobody who can put the ball in the back of the net.

A big week for us now. If Nketiah and Neilsen are the answer then I fear we've let Patrick Vieira down this window.

Managed to bag a ticket as these went on general sale last week so loved my first trip back to ER since seeing the Huddersfield game in March last year.

Honestly, a joy to be back even if it wasn't a league game.

Lovely to see a sold out crowd midweek to watch the boys. The absence of football has made everyone clamouring for tickets and I'm not optimistic of seeing many games this year but it felt great to be in there.

Must have been a buzz for Crewe too although they hardly had a sniff.

Took a long while to break the deadlock but it really only ever felt like a matter of time. Our finishing was awful despite the fact we made numerous chances. Once the first went in mind, they quickly capitulated.

Will take the 3-0, it was important to win after our first two league games and puts us in good stead for Sunday.

20210824_223059.jpg

Just got back from the game, was nice to have a drink around the Griffin Park area pre-match.

First half we were terrible, I didn’t see the goal cos there was an error with the ticket system and we didn’t get in till 10 minutes into the match. But they had us on toast first half. Only Pinnock and Janelt were first teamers and everyone else looked like a group of players who haven’t played together for a long time. Just disjointed and FGR were a well oiled machine. Their number 8, 10 and 11 were running the show.

Second half changed completely, Onyeka, Canos and Mbeumo came on and we were in control. Canos played at right back, the previous right back had a torrid time and Canos just ended their threat down that wing. Plus he was all over them creating chances.

Wissa scored his first goal tonight, bit of a rough diamond but has the attributes to be a good signing.

Overall it was a decent second half that made up for a shit first half and we were very comfortable after equalising.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

We will be putting a weakened team out tonight because we can't afford to get a trophy cabinet if we won this cup.

Surely Ashley can make a massive Sports Direct mug to put one trophy in?

10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

That's awful... xD

Last time we scored in a cup game was March ‘19. Basically, we haven’t scored in the last 5

Disappointing I know, but to put that up against Man City’s 108 goals in 51 games, including 50 in the 26 UCL games alone is pretty harsh

Stats are boring with context though.

2 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

We will be putting a weakened team out tonight because we can't afford to get a trophy cabinet if we won this cup.

Did you put out your under 11s? 3.0 at half time 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived